Heart of Thorns Now Available for Pre-Purchase!

Kendrik

Staff member
It's a hefty $50 for the base package, but Heart of Thorns is now available for pre-purchase! Pre-purchasing guarantees access to all betas between now and release.

Available in three packages, ranging from $50-100, on the official website here.

Huzzah!

Aleron

Eh?
I bought the $99.99 (plus tax) Ultimate package. I was going to spend $60 anyway for more gems (4000-$50) and a character slot (800 gems = $10), so that drops the game to $39.99 with all extra stuff (I've already used the Revenant finisher a few times) vs $49.99 for just the expansion.

Kendrik

Staff member
I kinda want a hard copy. Because it'd be awesome. The inclusion of so many gems in the top tier purchase is definitely a nice perk. Don't think I'll be buying anything beyond base package, though. Excited to buy that... hopefully sooner than later.

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Base pack is all we can afford, I bought it 2 hrs after release, my Daddy's day present. I just could not justify the extra bucks for eye candy, gems and character slot. Character slot was easy, just get rid of one character, Jotun The Baptist, and make a place holder with the name I want, Play Misty For Me. Most easily understood by older baby boomers. Even my lady likes the name for a Revenant, after I explained a Revenant to her. She doesn't even play the game.

Kendrik

Staff member
Purchased within two hours? I like it! Nicely done, good sir! :D

Given that, if I ever succeed in getting my wife into GW2, I'll have to buy two copies, I'll probably just get the base pack, too. I am wanting character slots and crafting skill boosts that would make the points appealing, but those are more convenience than anything for me right now.

Last edited:

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Did y'all read the changes to what is offered, how and why on HoT prepurchase?

Kendrik

Staff member
Even more excited now that preordering even the base package will net me a new character slot.

Aleron

Eh?
Lots of changes today. I only briefly logged on but LA is completely different, not to mention the skills/specializations are different as well. They have white wings available for a few hours on Black Lion.