Halloween & 25Oct06 Update

Except I'm terrible at dervishes until I get LOTS more practice. Or until I try playing when I haven't been awake for twenty hours straight...

And I don't look the same now. I'm all in black, with a black hat and black veil.

Last edited:
Except I suck at dervishes until I get LOTS more practice. Or until I try playing when I haven't been awake for twenty hours straight...

Don't say "suck" on alliance chat. They'll pm you with a warning.

Me: Well guys, no holiday quests or decent items and only collector's items on tuesday. This holiday event sucks...
(pm)(name witheld): We don't appreciate you using that word.
(pm)Me:What is this, CGA??! That's not even equivalent to crap!
Me: *logs out angrily*

Could both of you controll your language in this forum please? C$ you were asked politely last night to not use a word that GW blocks out in its filter. When an explaination was offered you set yourself to Do Not Disturb.

Rho

Could both of you controll your language in this forum please? C$ you were asked politely last night to not use a word that GW blocks out in its filter. When an explaination was offered you set yourself to Do Not Disturb.

Rho
First explain to me how "suck" and "crap" is bad language.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been asked by an officer not to use them and that is considered by this group to be sufficient cause. I also have already told you that they are words that GW filters, which is one major item I use to determine which words are unacceptable. also anytime you ar intentionally spelling around the filter or abreviating profanity. All of these are violations and again you were asked to refrain please respect that. We really don't want you to get banned, we like having you around. You keep things interesting and exciting.

Rho

If the word isn't blocked by the CGA filter, then obviously Tek or hes doesn't think its bad. If I can walk up to my grandma and say a word without getting smacked across the face for it, its not a bad word. I'm sorry to say that you don't make the rules on the forums, so until then PM any problems to Tek or hes, or report the other persons post.

I've said the words mentions above plenty of times, and haven't had anyone else say anything to me. The only reason I'm not repeating them here is because you seem to be offended by them.

p.s. This post was not meant as belittling in any way.

The words 'suck' and 'crap' are mentioned no where in the entire thread. I do not believe that 'suck' and 'crap' are curse words. Do I say them a lot? Yes. Do I get in trouble for saying them? No. They aren't curse words plain and simple. And what do you mean "we"? I never posted in that thread, and neither did you.

[toj.cc]phantom;190387 said:
If the word isn't blocked by the CGA filter, then obviously Tek or hes doesn't think its bad. If I can walk up to my grandma and say a word without getting smacked across the face for it, its not a bad word. I'm sorry to say that you don't make the rules on the forums, so until then PM any problems to Tek or hes, or report the other persons post.

And also, just because you're not being punished for saying something DOES NOT mean it's not bad to say it.

Use of any type of expletive is sinful. The Bible is fairly clear in this:

[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Ephesians 4:29: "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]1 Peter 3:10: "For, Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]James 3:9-12: "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."[/FONT]

First off, how did a thread about the Halloween update turn into a theological debate on swearing?

Second: Why is there so much division here, within the church? We call it "foul language." What I find even more foul is the spirit of discord and bitterness between our fellow brothers and sisters.

Granted, it's a common issue these days, but why must we bicker? The least we can do is agree to disagree on the subject, while respecting the wishes of those who do not wish to hear such words.

That said, I have my own opinions on the topic, but they've already been posted elsewhere, and do not need repeating here.

Second: Why is there so much division here, within the church? We call it "foul language." What I find even more foul is the spirit of discord and bitterness between our fellow brothers and sisters.

Granted, it's a common issue these days, but why must we bicker? The least we can do is agree to disagree on the subject, while respecting the wishes of those who do not wish to hear such words.

That is exactly the problem I have with the church. We(yes we,all of us, myself included) are so quick to judge others when we should be encouraging them. That isnt to say we should encourage bad behavior. I mean we shouldnt be judging one another. It's one thing to say I don't agree with you, it's completely diffferent to tell someone how horrible they are being and send them on a guilt trip. Everyone sins, I don't understand people's obsessions with making everyone perfect, no matter how pure you live your life you're still gonna screw up. I say leave me to my struggle, it's my struggle I know it's wrong, so please don't escilate the situation by making me out to be the bad guy, it's hurtful and doesnt at allhelp the situation. It's called being self righteous and I'm pretty sure thats just as bad. Don't be self Righteous, be humble in the eyes of teh lord, for it is his job to judge, not yours.

Sorry that was kind of a rant, it's just something I've observed from Christians. It seems to me that the biggest threat to Christianity isn't other religions, it's Christians.

So anyhoo... back on topic... Nightfall is pretty sweet.

It seems to me that the biggest threat to Christianity isn't other religions, it's Christians.

So anyhoo... back on topic... Nightfall is pretty sweet.

Amen Patrick! I know this as fact too many Christians turn off non believers it is sad. We should be there to lift up. Any I agree with what was most said here. If there are words that someone finds offensive think of you brother and sister and try not to use them it is just a common courtesy.

Nightfall is awesome!! I am really enjoying everything about it. I am just wondering what they are going to give us when the Mad king Returns. I hope it isn't pumkin heads :).

wrong jsut because it's not in the filter does NOT you can't be banned or disciplined for it.

Anyway, I know that I've used these words before on the forums and no one's
ever said anything. I took that as grounds to be able to say that in-game. Obviously, it's different there for whatever reason.

But, you have your reasons, and I'll respect that and not say words that would make your 6 year old children blush here or in game any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen Patrick! I know this as fact too many Christians turn off non believers it is sad.

To quote a dcTalk song ("What if I Stumble?"; not sure where they quoted it from):

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and get on by their lifestyles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

It's gonna be mask in the shape of.... pie.

But seriously I don't know. I just hope it won't be like the Christmas event where you randomly got it if you stayed up till midnight... PST...

Back