Halloween & 25Oct06 Update

slalomdms

Halloween is coming.
Guild wars has posted more on the halloween event. You can also get "spooky items" too.

Here are the items you can get:
Witch's Brew: One sip of this potent brew will set your world spinning 'round and 'round.
Absinthe: Drink this beverage to be engulfed in a ghoulish flame.
Ghost-in-the-Box: Feeling brave? Open this mysterious box to receive a spooky surprise.
Squash Serum: Swallowing this potion might give you a big head. A big, orange one, that is...
Mystery Item: To find out about this sweet new gift, you'll have to attend the event!

Heres the link, has a few more details in it.

Also there was a huge update last night, they did a few things, I think they nerfed some more things too. Like now chests open random, the can be purp for one person and gold for another. Shields, wands, and focus items created through the PvP Equipment panel or found in Elona can now have upgrades applied to them.
More info on this page.

Last edited:
We often post the updates to the game on a thread, but this one is so massive, please go read it at the Guild Wars site through the link in SP's post above.

Except for the Mystery Item, they are all carry over items from last year. I expect the LA decorations will be the same with most of the same stuff.

As for the update, it is basically the Nightfall launch new features less access to the new content. They did temporarily add the Hero quests for Cantha and Tyria (1 hero each), but kicked everyone out of the game to take them out. A few people managed to get through them before they were removed though.

Other significant new changes:
build templates are online!
Henchmen commands are online!
Balthazar faction is doubled for all PvP formats!
Salvage selection is available
Inscriptions, shield, wand and focii now have upgrades
dyes - added white and brown colors and changed dye remover to grey dye. Added preview pane for dye
PvP titles now increase your maximum amount of Balthazar faction you can keep.
Chest and wisdom titles increase your chance to not destroy an item when you salvage.
Many skill updates, especially improvements for elementalists.

I found a new rune. I got 2 in the Arborstone mission in warden vestments. They are called Rune of Vitae. It is a newhp+10 rune and it's stackable so you can have one on each piece of armor and gain +50hp. I also checked the priest of balthazar, there is now also a rune called Rune of Attunement which give +2 energy and is also stackable. Also some warrior armor now has +10 armor vs elemental damage. I love my Dragon armor so much more now.

I found a new rune. I got 2 in the Arborstone mission in warden vestments. They are called Rune of Vitae. It is a newhp+10 rune and it's stackable so you can have one on each piece of armor and gain +50hp. I also checked the priest of balthazar, there is now also a rune called Rune of Attunement which give +2 energy and is also stackable. Also some warrior armor now has +10 armor vs elemental damage. I love my Dragon armor so much more now.

Thats interesting i didnt know that they added that too. So can you have the energy rune and +10 health rune on same armor piece?

Yeah I don't understand how the vitae and attunement runes work. I know they are stackable, but you can still only have one rune per piece of armor right? My best guess is this... say your a W/Mo, specializing in Healing, Strength, and Sword Mastery. So normally you would need runes for Vigor, Strength, and Sword Mastery, and now you can add 2 Vitae as well, or 2 Attunement or 1 Vitae and 1 Attunement.

Last edited:
The new runes act in teh same way the old runes do only these are stackable unlike the original runes.

You can still only have 1 rune per piece of armor.
For instance my Assassin is setup like this:

Helmet: Sup Daggers
Chest:Maj Vigor
Arms:Minor Shadow
Legs:Minor Critical Strikes
Feet:Vitae

This setup only allows for +3 dagger mastery since normal sup dagger mastery is a normal rune and they are not stackable:

Helmet: Sup Daggers
Chest:Sup Daggers
Arms:Sup Daggers
Legs:Sup Daggers
Feet:Sup Daggers

But If I had a full set with nothing but Vitae I would get the bonus for each rune of vitae:

Helmet: Vitae
Chest:Vitae
Arms:Vitae
Legs:Vitae
Feet:Vitae
Each Vitae is worth +10 hp and because it is stackable you get the benefits from each Vitae you use as opposed to a normal rune which only give you the bonus once no matter how many pieces of armor you have it on. So if you have 5 Vitae you get +50hp whereas if you used 5 minor Vigor runes you would only get +30 hp even if each piece of armor has a Minor Vigor on it, because Vigor runes are normal non stackable runes.

Vitae and Attunement runes do not get to stack on top of other runes IE: You cannot have a "Dragon Leggings of Superior Absorptoin of Vitae" It's either Dragon Leggings of Superior Absorption" or Dragon Leggings of Vitae". Runes are suffix's. Each piece of armor may only have one suffix.

Does that all make sense?

They broke VIM!

You now get the health and energy for conditions on a targeted foe, not foes in the area...

I got a staff with a +20% change for half recharge of all spells. Update description seemed to indicate that this would be done on all Halves Cast Time and Halves Recharge Time modifiers, not sure if it is retroactive to existing weapons, but it didn't seem like they updated existing weapons based on the ones in my inventory. It was interesting that the HRT was the first item listed, line 2 showed energy, line 3 showed damage with requirement. Before it was always backward of this.

Existing Ghials staff updated:
Energy +10
Dark Dmg. 11-22 (Req 9 DM)
Halves casting time on DM spells (20%)
Halves skill recharge of spells (20%)
Energy +5
Death Magic +1 (20% chance while using skills)

Only the recharge time was changed to all spells.

I know... I saw that and I was sad.. cuz I'm a long time ViMer.
oh well, I was usually only coinditioned one guy anyways. (but never shampooed. yes, I know. I'm sorry)

I'm in mourning for the crippling of ViM.

*puts on black veil and mourning brooch*

copies MM, ViM was the best build i could run in HoH, i was getting good with it too. :( now i got to redo everything /pout

*here lies ViM the newbest HoH build. may it Rest In Peace*

Ok report on the ViM Dervish / Vim Trapper. Ok 2 words IT WORKS! ok we tried in in HoH but did not have time to totally fine tune it. However 4 of us stayed around and did it in Team Arenas and I think we won 6 in a row than another 4 in a Row I think before we stopped.

ViM still works. :D

Back