GW2 Profession Guesses

I'm hoping Monk comes back viable for offensive play, not just as a healing class... Maybe combined with Necro as an arcanist and summoner that can go "dark" or "holy" like an Ele chooses "fire" or "water". (Because, as I've advocated before, most of the Necro skills can be found on Old Testament prophets.)

Here is some concept art that got my attention concerning professions. It shows 6 pretty clearly, but the details on each are still a bit of a guess. Obviously Sin, Ranger, Ele, Warrior, Mesmer, but the other "warrior" looking one has me scratching my head. Maybe a Berserker class or something. This would still leave us with 2 unknown classes. If its for GW2 then we have...

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist
2.) Mesmer
3.)___________

Adventures
1.) Ranger
2.) Assassin
3.)___________

Soldier
1.) Warrior
2.) Berserker/Monk/Paladin/Hybrid thingy

Makes me wonder about the weapons they have released like the Warhorn and Torch . They obviously have something to do with the classes, but I wonder if a class wont use weapons. (Still holding out for the FF style monk) :D

gw2classeswithele.jpg

-Proph.

Last edited:
My guess is that

1.) Mesmer
2.)_________
3.) Berserker/Monk/Paladin/Hybrid thingy
4.)_________
5.) Assassin
6.)_________

So depending on which is the Ranger we have some interesting silhouettes to consider professions for. :D I'm assuming the 2.) Char looking one is the Ranger simply b/c we've seen the Char with guns/bows already, but that is just a guess.

-Proph.

Last edited:
<-- still waiting for the GAME to be announced for a released date... ;)

I hope you are enjoying your wait...I'm in believe-it-when-I-see-it mode

Between this and the Mahindra pickup truck it will be a close tie who gets done messing around first, the waiting is getting to me on both.

Humm, no mention of guns in the Ranger article.

Main Hand: Sword, Axe
Off Hand: Axe, Dagger, Torch, Warhorn
Two-Handed: Greatsword, Longbow, Shortbow

I wonder what class if any will have it as a primary weapon?

oh yeah, PCGamer follow up interview... if it counts as follow up. No real down time between release and more questions though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/14/interview-meet-guild-wars-2s-acrobatic-ranger/

And not to steal the thunder from the Ranger but this article has this in it...

So if you get to level 50...

:D So maybe some confirmation that the level cap goes at least that high.

Also,

In the cases of some of our future professions that we haven’t talked about yet – in cases where we felt the profession was just too different – we would actually rename the profession to something else. So you’ll see some professions that we’ll announce later on that are similar to something that we had in Guild Wars but aren’t quite the same.

Last edited:
I figured ranger's wouldn't use guns. It's a breach of their "Nature" affinity. Guns =/= nature. But I can have a shark as a pet! Go Sharks! =D

Good information about how skill chains work in the article sited above. It's nice to know that one slot will carry a whole chain in it.

Rangers not using guns? The Charr were using them in the trailers. o.o

With the Confirmation of the Necromancer we are looking at this...

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist
2.) Mesmer
3.) Necromancer

Adventures
1.) Ranger
2.) Assassin
3.)___________

Soldier
1.) Warrior
2.) Berserker/Monk/Paladin/Hybrid thingy

Back