GW2 Profession Guesses

I hop the new Sin has the ability to use martial arts type abilities. Maybe have the option to ditch the weapon for some cool battle specific gauntlets.

On the missing profession I'm assuming it has to be a profession that primaries the gun. Maybe something that sets stationary turrets. Maybe a Mechanic class considering the advancement in tech and all. Regardless of what it is, I'm pretty sure its the last profession that going to be revealed.

Last edited:
Their will be 8.

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist CONFIRMED
2.) Mesmer Speculation
3.) Necromancer CONFIRMED

Adventures
1.) Ranger CONFIRMED
2.) Assassin Unofficial CONFIRM
3.)___________ ?????????

Soldier
1.) Warrior CONFIRMED
2.) Guardian CONFIRMED

The Mesmer is the biggest guess simply based on info released/leaked. However it is assumed simply b/c it is a GW original. The Sin seems to be in the que based on statements like this...

"The professions revealed for Guild Wars 2 so far are Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Elementalist and now Guardian. Flannum and Peters teased that a profession for people who play sneaky rogues or assassins is on the cards, but the pair were elusive as to the others."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-guild-wars-2-guardian-replaces-monk

Last edited:
LOL, interesting article. I'm glad they touched a bit on the "practical vs. sexy" aspects of armor. I'll probably be creating a female warrior character and I can assure you now, she will not be wearing THAT!!!

Finding modest armour for some of the classes has always been a sore point for me. As a Christian I prefer the members of Clan Erse to share my values, an unusual view for some, but I like to try and hold to it.

And then their were 2...

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist
2.) ___________
3.) Necromancer

Adventures
1.) Ranger
2.) Thief
3.)___________

Soldier
1.) Warrior
2.) Guardian

I'm calling Mesmer and Engineer/Gunner. What say you?

And then their were 2...

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist
2.) ___________
3.) Necromancer

Adventures
1.) Ranger
2.) Thief
3.)___________

Soldier
1.) Warrior
2.) Guardian

I'm calling Mesmer and Engineer/Gunner. What say you?

Scholar: Mesmer
Adventurer: I'm gonna guess some sort of Engineer like mentioned earlier, or a Shaman like class.

Scholarly
1.) Elementalist
2.) ___________
3.) Necromancer

Adventures
1.) Ranger
2.) Thief
3.)Engineer

Soldier
1.) Warrior
2.) Guardian

And then their was 1.

We should know soon enough.

Some buzz going around that the 8th and final profession is going to be revealed at PAX '11

My vote is they are going Mesmer. (or at least a remake of the Mesmer)

Back