Guild Wars 2 is in the making

I still want Mechs.......

But seriuosly....i wan'em

OK OK..

I see the whole starting fresh with a version 2. Would you really want to start playing a game that people have been playing for 6 years....me?...not really....but at the same time, like a bunch of people here, I've put a ton of work into my alts......I'd kinda not like to lose all that....

ya i dont want to lose my characters either, i think if we can teleport across continents and call forth minions from the undead, and hurl huge metors from the sky, well.. we can pass through the fabic of time!

I gave WoW a chance, and it is boring compared to GW. It has various useful and neat features, but all around is much less complex and unique.

I am kinda excited about GW2, but disapointed because i fear that GW will become obsolete because of it. I knew they would want to add races (which i love) but that it would be to much of a strain on the game engine to add in. We shall see. i like the Norn idea, i wish they would come out with one more class- a shapechanger (if anyone says dervish, I'll KJV your face.)

anyway, GWEN FTW!

You all keep asking questions that are answered in the GwG thread I posted on page 2.

Will GW2 still have free online play?
YES

IS any of this information confirmed by Anet?
YES, all this information is collected from the various gaming magazines who got their information from Anet.

Will there be connectivity of some kind between GW and GW2?
YES. There will be a hall of fame of sorts that will allow you to access your Guild Wars characters gear and items in some way with your new GW2 characters.

Seriously if you have a question about GW:EN or GW2 please check the link I posted on page 2.

Incidentally, WoW is far more involved than Guild Wars, but they are 2 completely different types of games. WoW is a true MMORPG. GW is what I like to call an MMOSG aka Massive multi player online strategy game. Guild Wars involves a lot of strategy whereas WoW is a more traditional game. Don't get me wrong, I still love GW, and I will return more actively when GW:EN comes out, but honestly, I've just grown bored with GW having beaten all the campaigns with multiple characters. I'll return when I have more content to play through. I very happily look forward to GW2 as well

If it's 2010 that the new one is coming out, I don't think we have to worry. :)

And I may be totally blind, but I don't see an actual link anywhere.

If it's 2010 that the new one is coming out, I don't think we have to worry. :)

And I may be totally blind, but I don't see an actual link anywhere.

My apologies it was on page 1.

Here is all the collected information about Eye of the North and the as of yet untitled Guild Wars 2.

And as for release date on GW2, they are rumoring to be going into beta in 2008, so I would expect a 2009 release.

I gave WoW a chance, and it is boring compared to GW. It has various useful and neat features, but all around is much less complex and unique.

I am kinda excited about GW2, but disapointed because i fear that GW will become obsolete because of it. I knew they would want to add races (which i love) but that it would be to much of a strain on the game engine to add in. We shall see. i like the Norn idea, i wish they would come out with one more class- a shapechanger (if anyone says dervish, I'll KJV your face.)

anyway, GWEN FTW!

A DERVISH CAN CHANGE SHAPE!!! lol What other races though? Elf? Orc? Dwarf? lol, i know! DRAGONKIN!!!

Quoted from Dauntless:
Seriously if you have a question about GW:EN or GW2 please check the link I posted on page 2.

so then as the link is posted the conversation is over?

Rho

With all the work I have put into our account and all the work I plan on putting into it, the idea of a whole new game and starting over is not very appealing to me.

Kel Queen of all Europe

/agree. i am kinda miffed for one. i mean i pour 21 months so far of my short life and they expect me to start over ?!?:mad: /no. anyway, idk i mean i really wish that GW would stay different than WoW. /sigh. oh well
Joey

Last edited:
I, for one, think change is good.

GW will not be shut down any more than EQ1 was shut down. There are still dedicated players (one in my office that has had an EQ character for 7+ years) some 8 years after the game was released, despite the release of EQ2 two years ago.

If GW2 is a bunch better than GW, then people will migrate and everyone will be happy. If GW2 stinks like a freshly laid cowpie, people will quit and go back to GW really quickly, like happened with EQ.

Hey i just realized, when GW2 comes out i'll most likely be a senior in Highschool, or just about to graduate... whoa, that seems to far away.. ay my short life...

Hey i just realized, when GW2 comes out i'll most likely be a senior in Highschool, or just about to graduate... whoa, that seems to far away.. ay my short life...

wow... for me, ill prlly just be in my first... maybe second year of bible college W00T

Back