Guild Wars 2 is in the making

Gwen! Really! (runs in circles celebrating) (suddenly gets depressed) :( but that will ruin the greatest form topic and mystery in Guild Wars. You should see some of the discussions on why she is in the game.

Man, we'll finally get to find out what the heck we're supposed to do with that broken flute!

Paul

Good guess. You must have got that wisdom from your dear ole Dad.

LOL, Good one Halonic! Your not only "The King of Farming", your a comedian!!

Anyway... ^_^

I don't see any info on this on there site. But I did do a seartch. Eye of the North is going to answer all questions about the 3 campaigns. Then that is going to end Guild Wars. After this, Guild Wars 2 is going to come out. However, they say the Beta Testing isn't going to start until 2008 and the game wont come out too about 2009 or 2010. Treat this infro I gave you thought with a grain of salt. This could change.

Last edited:
I'll bet she's a bard and that'll be one of the new classes.

From all the Gaile Gray Chats and other information I've seen, there will be no new classes in GW:EN. Plus Gwen looks a lot like a mesmer in that picture, not to mention how she used to comment about wanting to be like Lady Althea(Mesmer) someday. Eye of the North is different from th other chapters of GW in that it is not a standalone game. EN is the first GW Expansion. Up until now we have 3 stand alone chapters. EN will require you to have at least one of the 3 campaigns to play.

Here is all the collected information about Eye of the North and the as of yet untitled Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 will be a completely new game, the only connectivity between it and the original 3 chapters will be a hall of fame of sorts where you can access some of your old character's achievements and in some way access them with your new characters. One of the most exciting things that I have seen so far is the ability to play 5 different races as well as a much higher level cap rumored to be closer to 100. Read the provided link, there is alot of juicy new information there.

The good news is that GW2 will probably not be out for another 3 years (targeting 2010). The bad news is that EN will be the last GW expansion, with some free extra content added later. The other good news is that as an expansion and not a stand alone, it should cost around $30 instead of $50.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;215046 said:
The good news is that GW2 will probably not be out for another 3 years (targeting 2010). The bad news is that EN will be the last GW expansion, with some free extra content added later. The other good news is that as an expansion and not a stand alone, it should cost around $30 instead of $50.

i thought there was 8 chapters though ???

i knew it, i knew that Anet would run out of idea for new chapters. so it looks like GW2 is just going to turn into like WoW, not that that is a bad thing cause GW > WoW. anyway im excited for anything, tho i did want some new characters in Eye of the North... ahh well

rofl i have to catch up seriously! once i start work in the summer, ima get prophecies and factions so i can create one character to run the whole mill... loll cause i don't have any that do... nor do i have money to buy the lisence codes lol. for the first of my GW times, i was playing on a buddies lisence, (it was legal... i desperately hope) (which is one of the main reasons i made a separate account as well)

With all the work I have put into our account and all the work I plan on putting into it, the idea of a whole new game and starting over is not very appealing to me.

Kel Queen of all Europe

i thought there was 8 chapters though ???

I never saw anything of the sort. Besides, if you played through nightfall you would see that Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall's story lines all come to a close. It concluded the trilogy. Eye of the North's intent is to provide more high end content and and tie up a few loose ends, things like what happened to Gwen.

i knew it, i knew that Anet would run out of idea for new chapters. so it looks like GW2 is just going to turn into like WoW, not that that is a bad thing cause GW > WoW. anyway im excited for anything, tho i did want some new characters in Eye of the North... ahh well

Actually they've said all along that as technology grows they would keep guild wars up to date with the technology. They also like to implement player suggestions to create a game that the players truly enjoy and feel a part of. And the best way to do so is to make an all new game. GW2 will take place between 50-100 years in the future of the current campaigns. The beauty of this is we'll be provided with a similar yet more challenging game, still with no monthly fees. The campaign idea is through but they will continue to produce content through the expansion system. Which imo is better. I never understood why they would make individual stand alone campaigns. You loose out on vital parts of the storyline if you only have one or two of the three campaigns. From the standpoint of the storyline its better for them to release expansions, that require you to have played the previous content first, that way you have a complete game.

Incidentally I'm surprised no one has mentioned the 'Hard Mode' they will be adding to the original game. Apparently this means you will have the ability to fight level 20 mobs in places like Ascalon where previously you could only fight lowbie mobs. They said they will also adjust the loot tables accordingly, new greens perhaps? Imagine fighting high level Charr without having The Last Day Dawns.

I recently quit playing GW for a number of reasons. The first being my desktop died on me and I haven't fixed it yet, the second being my other computer is a Macbook and it runs windows for crap. Thirdly I picked up WoW with a bunch of my friends. The appeal of GW2 to me is that it will bring back the old gaming I love while giving it a feel similar to WoW.

me personally, i enjoy what ive played of WoW more than GW... the part that turned me off was the whole monthly fee. the part that turned me on, was that many of my cousins... about 10 of the some 60 play WoW... so it would keep me interacting with them. As it stands now, I just made new friends...

For me, i would rather see GW2 be along the line of no "cemented" story line. So you can change where the story takes you, and go with the flow... the only problem with that would be the whole.. i have this quest... and oh "you cant help me here because your good and i'm evil" either way, I also agree with someone i saw on the link previously at guildguru... much higher levels ftl... i mean, a level 30.... maybe. 40... egghhhh .... 50... um i dont have time to level all my characters to level 50... so i would say a level 30 character, would be sweet, IF, you could raise the ammount of skill level to 15 or 20 without runes that kill your health

From all the Gaile Gray Chats and other information I've seen, there will be no new classes in GW:EN. Plus Gwen looks a lot like a mesmer in that picture, not to mention how she used to comment about wanting to be like Lady Althea(Mesmer) someday.

She's probably either a mesmer or a monk if there are no new classes. Remember when she would follow you around and heal you every time she played the flute?

Forget the flute. She TOOK the flute. What's with the tapestry shred and the flowers?

The only thing I like better about WoW was the fact that I could climb on top of everything. THAT was fun. Other than that, I love GW way more. I guess by the time GW2 comes out, three years from now, I'll be ready for a new game. But I'll miss my current game then.

I hope they don't do a Horde/Alliance type thing; I thought Kurzicks/Luxons was enough of a divide! And I really, really hope they keep the "one big server" thing, too.

Last edited:
check Guildwars Guru fansite for more info. Btw I think I will be sticking to GW 1 for awhile because my labtop is on its last legs. I will get GW2 when I upgrade to a new computer :)

Back