Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Looks very cool.

"It’s time to make MMORPGs more social"
So they're merging aspects of Second Life? lol

I'm looking forward to it coming out. Hopefully it'll be out in time for GW's tenth anniversary :p

More info again today and more coming in the days to follow.

Elementalist:
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/elementalist/#

Skills:
http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-one/

My favorite quotes from these articles...

"Rather than swap weapons to adjust to new situations, the multi-faceted Elementalist quickly adapts to new threats by attuning to different elements as needed."

"Just by attuning to fire, the Elementalist automatically causes flame damage to any foe foolish enough to touch her."

"Nearby allies receive continuous healing from an Elementalist who is attuned to water."

"I was watching two of our game designers--Jon and Isaiah--play the other day...the drake is sent flying over Jon's head, who immediately turns and uses a skill called Savage Leap to impale and finish the drake right as it hits the ground."

"Our goal is to design skills that are visually unique and explain them without overly complex skill descriptions."

"The first five skills on the skill bar are not slotted directly by the player; instead they are determined by the player's choice of weapon and profession...What about the second five? These skills are all chosen by the player from a pool of skills determined by both profession and race."

AND BEST OF ALL...
"An Elementalist can call upon the power of the wind to shapeshift into a tornado that knocks enemies around and inflicts heavy damage"

-Proph.

I also wanted to post the game engine that GW2 will be using. Who knows we may get some idea what we can expect graphically from GW2.

HAVOK GAME ENGINE:
http://www.havok.com/index.php?page=showcase

Notable games that the Havok Engine runs are Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Halo 3 and Half Life 2, Soul Calibur IV, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, StarCraft II, Diablo III, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Second Life.

-Proph.

Last edited:
It looks like Clan Erse will suffer some shrinkage because it will be difficulty to keep up a complex character development at a reasonable pace with as large a group as the current 22. Now I won't be the only one with characters that have character (or who are characters :p).

Alright so, I'm designating Elhanan as our official GW2 guru.

Those are some pretty cool pictures. I see the Heket, or at least something similar to the Heket making a comeback. Or they just like frogs. hard to tell :p

Thank you (takes a bow). I got to say all I do online anymore is search for new GW2 information... wow that sounds sad. lol I have pretty good luck searching this stuff too... naming a guild after a secret order of knowledge has its perks I guess. :D

Having the game solo-able may not seem be too big of a deal early on but it will come in handy when GW2 gets a bit long in the tooth and we are talking about GW3. It will be weird playing a game as it launches. GW1 was my first MMO and GW2 will be the first I'll ever play that is "fully" populated and has more than just farmers, leechers, and runners... or so I hope.

-Proph.

Back