Guild Improvement Suggestions - Dec07

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
If you have any suggestions for improvements to our guild or alliance, please post them in a constructive manner here.

Also, previous suggestions often include the request for more events. Please be specific if there is a certain type event you would like.

For events to work, we also need people willing to lead each event. Our officers are not always able or available to lead all of these events. If you are willing to help by occassionally leading some of these events, please let myself or one of the other officers know either in this thread or via PM.

Compiled list from below:
  • Revisit policy against use of the word n00b - already underway among the officers. It was originally added because n00b can be considered derogatory (as opposed to newb - short for newbie). I'm not saying we will reverse the policy, but we will post a decision and rationale.
  • Regular SF or UW (or other relatively high-end farming area) - sign-up groups - leaders needed. Some difficulties getting regular participation.
  • Cookies! - baking contests.
  • Weekly item give-aways - could be a good tool for encouraging forum use :) but will also require regular donations.
  • A guild bank - This was one potential feature addition that ArenaNet has not implemented. My best thought for implementation would be to use an additional account and provide the officers each with the password. There are several issues with this which I won't list. Please post any thoughts for another idea for implementation.
  • GvG scrimmages - in the past we have had difficulty getting enough (8) for HA on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean we couldn't add heroes for GvG scrimmages.
  • Guild Challenge - Interesting idea. Kind of a tithe of time.
  • Communication outside game to greater alliance - further ideas if you have them. I know we do have a few visitors from some of those guilds. Perhaps we ask them to provide an alliance ambassador/liason to frequent our forums (preferably an officer) who can either add in-game announcements or post on their forums.

Thanks for this list so far. I'll try to keep the original post updated.

Last edited:
Allowing us to use the word n00b since we're gamerz and most of the time in the guild the reference is made to the persons self.

Regular SF or UW - 8 man sign up groups

thats all ive got

on that note:
weekly item give aways

a guild bank

I would really like to scrimmage guild vs guild in our alliance. Yeah it doesn't count for anything, but it could be a good environment to learn how to pvp and fun to boot. I know that pvp is very hard for the new player and can depress a player who is getting owned and not even knowing what is killing them. A scrimmage could be a way to encourage newer players to give pvp a shot. Yes, we do HA every week but that is high end pvp and too much of a learning curve for some to jump into. That was how I felt, anyway when I tried it for the first time.

Last edited:
I do agree with cookies..they really DO make me happy. And I never knew i wasnt supposed to use the word "noob"; I have been calling myself that left and right since I joined the guild. I guess it cant be used in a demeaning manner towards one's self, unless the person has a split personality, in that case this scenario would become more complicated and troublesome........anyways..no suggestions on guild improvements.

How 'bout a Guild Challenge?

Make a thread, and those who want to, can agree to spend 10 minutes over the next month (or whatever) -BEFORE- Guild Wars playin' time to write a short post about something that God has put on their hearts or minds, or something the have learned from the Word lately that they want to share with others?

Helps those who may be spendin' their free time on GW to focus some of it on the Lord! Could call it the "Give10" challenge. Could even be sort of a Guild 'accountability' thing as well...before you start a mission, could TS them if they "Gave10" yet?

...just an idea... :)

Good thread. I'm willing to lead some teams for high end missions. (fow clear, Urgoz, Vanquishing, whatever)

I've tried to do this in the past, but due to lack of interest they never got very far. I can only start long missions like these at 8pm EST. Hopefully now that we have a bigger alliance we can do more of these events.

On the constructive criticism side, I think one of our biggest problems is lack of a single forum where we can announce events like this. STC or Derk may post a thread here announcing a cool alliance event, but how many people read it? Do the LoL guild members or LION guildies or FSCF members ever visit this forum? I'm a member of SOE and I rarely visit here. (sorry, blocked at work)

I'm not sure how to solve that problem. Perhaps thru ingame announcements on the guild login script? Each guild would need to designate an officer that would be responsible for Alliance wide events. Those officers would communicate with each other regularly and make sure their members knew about upcoming events either by posting on their forums or thru ingame announcements.

I can volunteer to lead DoA teams; given I need to gain more experience doing them, and if no one else with abundant experrience in the area is willing to do so.

I can volunteer to lead DoA teams; given I need to gain more experience doing them, and if no one else with abundant experrience in the area is willing to do so.

Great, I'd love to go explore DOA. I'm almost (2 missions away) done with NF. I'm worried that I will be unable to explore DOA once I get there.

I had the same problem with The Deep. By the time I made it there, nobody really wanted to do it anymore and the only teams that did would not take someone like me that had never done it.

As with most missions ingame, the requirement for joining a pug is that you've completed the mission already at least a dozen times and know it inside and out. Admitting that you've never been there before gets you a swift kick out of the team.

So, I'd love to go into DOA with some friendly guildies that would be willing to tour guide. My fire ele is competent and I will listen to instructions.

groups, anything, anywhere, PvP or PvE. Experince or none, more than a good 30 mins.
Exploration,
Vanquishing,
Farming greens,
Elite places,
Guardian,
protector,
helping,
just bashing stuff,
titles,
GvG,
HA,
AB,
TA,
dungeons,
------------anything----------

It's hard to get a group for anything.

Hit me up anytime for farming...I'm trying to get into more farming; greens and others. I just dont know where, I just completed a 55 monk, but havent expanded her map very much yet. So let me know, my in-game names are in my sig. I have been on Healing Ashes more as that is the 55 monk I've been working on.

We need to do some recruiting. Get more ACTIVE members.

If you look at the request to join thread in the last year around 100 people have joined our guild. I think we need to work harder at helping them feel welcome and better incorporation into our activities rather than getting even more.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Tha's kinda what LION was focused around, a little smaller of a guild, meant to be held together through frequent teamwork

Guild improvements

If you look at the request to join thread in the last year around 100 people have joined our guild. I think we need to work harder at helping them feel welcome and better incorporation into our activities rather than getting even more.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Yes,I agree, the leaders and officers should do more to incorporate people into activities. But even with having 100 people in the guild it makes it hard to do anything as a group if only 2-8 people are active at any given time.

Back