Goose62 Highlight CS Video

Good job Goose, at least I can sleep at night knowing that I am the only one. Here is a link for a "LARGE" file that may be worth viewing. Link to File It may take awhile

Wassup man. I've just been doing school pretty much.

How are things going there?

Have you talked to Adam lately?

Jigga what you all crazy or something FL is da bomb, it has this thing i would like to call a beach, and year round wakeboarding... i love FL exspecailly SW FL where i live ;)

This coming from the college student who is stuck in a small town in the midwest where there is nothing to do but go to a mall, movies or study, and i usually take option 3 because i am studing the word of God ;)

In conclusion Fl is cool, midwest is cold, and we all need more trouts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Nov. 28 2003,10:10)]mmmm....trout is yummy.

an i haveta agree Florida roxors!
U mean your still hungry for more after that dousen trout u ate??
tounge.gif

I liked it Goose, though couple questions

1. I think i saw some non-OpenGl graphics in the movie?
2. Why are your crosshair so.. err. HUGE? (i'd never be able to aim with that. I think its somethin that has to do with dynamiccrosshair?
3. YOU WERE IN FLS??? (lol)

I really liked it. Interesting and awesome chocie of music
biggrin.gif

Answers:

1. Nope, all opengl graphics, it's just that I didn't use a high quality bitrate when I compressed it, so it's alittle choppy in some places.

2. My crosshairs are so big because I play at 640x480.

3. Yes, I was one of the first 5 in fls.

Ahhh .fls. I remember ye well... never really joined, but did play with them on a few events....

Good times....

Aye, I haven't played Apoc yet. Pilgrim and I actually did contact him couple times in IRC and through CGA forums. I hope he'll join us including lots of fls-oldtimers.

Don't knock it til you try it ... I used to play on 1024x768 on an old video card (16 mb). Now I have an ATI Radeon 9800 128 Mb, and I play on 640x480 and it's pwnage! You've obviously never seen me play ... otherwise you wouldn't be laughing at my resolution, lol
smile.gif

I used to run it at 640 by 480 before I got a bigger moniter. Right now I run it at 800 X 600 because then its not as boxy
wow.gif

I didn't mean that you're not good... please don't take my post as an insult.

I was only thinking of how blocky it is and that I think it looks better in higher resolutions. If you like it at lower resolutions, thats fine too.

Personally I like the higher resolutions because it's less blocky and I don't care much for framerates. Plus I suck too much at CS to care anyways.

my heartfelt apologies if you were offended by my earlier post.

the boxes for Headshots and everything get larger with lower resolutions, but at the same time you are not able to see quit as much because everything is larger, so there is a trade off.

I'm not sure. 640x480 is quite small for my monitor i suppose. My only choice is 800x600 or 1024x768. I'm using 17in LCD TFT and it can ruin everything when u choose the wrong resolution lol. It's from personal experience. When i was on that other computer with 14in, i used to play with 640x480. Heh, that had an ATI Rage LT pro lol crazy.

I have tried 800x600 here, and the fps makes no differenece (only when i overclock my card). I'm still trying both resolutions but my aim in 800x600 is very fumbly. I favor 1024x768 a bit more. oh and besides, i think the headshot box is suiting for me
tounge.gif

Goose: U HAD RADEON 9800
rock.gif
blaah. all i want is a 9600
sad.gif

Randog, no I wasn't insulted at all, sorry if I came across as if I were. Flash, what are you doing gaming with an LCD?
rock.gif
The reason why it doesn't like some resolutions is b/c LCD's suck in any resolution other than it's native one. I'm at 640x480 on a 19 inch monitor, I can't tell it's blocky ... maybe b/c I'm so used to it though. I like it b/c the enemy's head fits /very/ nicely into my crosshairs whenever they come around a corner. I get so many headshots on my resolution. Try it sometimes guys, lemme know what you think.

I think u shouldn't knock before u try this monitor too
tounge.gif

I find LCD TFT monitors very nice in all resolutions.. specially the ViewSonic Monitors (my fav). in OpenGl it can go down to real small resolutions. I dunno, I gave it a try, but I guess i'm not used to it
wow.gif
its much smaller. It's never blocky, its me thats just not used to it. I'll either change a bit lower to 800x600, maybe 640x480, but proly will stay with 1024x768. Oh, and is it only me, or some one else too. My crosshair isn't as big as Goose's like in video when im on 640x480

Back