Going crazy

john3610

I know this is random, but I was thinking maybe some of y'all have some tips from your experiences possibly.

There is a stray male cat that keeps harassing my cat. haha. I have been trying to trap him for a while and can't catch him. He's really invaded our house. He broke a hole in our screen porch and has been coming inside our house through the cat door to get at our cat. Really annoying.

I've tried looking online for info, but all the people online who have any info posted are animal lovers who feed these cats for weeks on end before finally being able to catch em. I don't want to do that.. I just wanna get rid of the cat. Any tips on catching a stray?

The worst part is he will come on our screen porch.. but the moment we open the door he's back out through the little hole he pushed in the screen. I would try to set up a trap on the outside of that after he's already on the porch, but it's on a narrow ledge and there is no room for a trap there. Maybe I could do a Bear Grylls type noose trap.... annoying.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could cover the broken portion of the screen with cheap plexiglass?

Some cat rescue places will catch them for you as well, or point you to the right people.

haha you have a cat door? haha

on another note i'd say call a animal rescue place..see what they say or can do for you.

1. Acquire male cat urine.
2. Spread male cat urine around the perimeter of your house, concentrating on the areas he likes to visit most.
3. ????
4. Profit.

Personally I think you ought to leave something out for such a nice kitty. Offer him a drink. Ethylene glycol should do the trick. Just pray he does not hang out anywhere close to your house when he takes his last nap...

You could try to teach him to swim, also. Burlap sack swimming should be an Olympic sport for cats! They could have different weight categories like 10, 15 and 20 pounds.

Cats are such sweet, nice animals that mean no harm to anyone! Especially when toms get really hungry and decide the kitten is a really good meal. I mean he has to survive!

LOL! In reality I am an animal lover in general. Some cats, however rub me the wrong way. I would not mind having a couple healthy mousers living around my house for sure. In the country, you will have a mouse try to move in with you or close to your house as well as snakes who prey upon them - then a good cat is really nice to have! With a problem cat that is feral, perhaps the local animal control officer or shelter can help you out.

Small spray bottle or squirt gun of white vinegar. Spray the cat and aim for the nose. That should be enough to scare it off.

You could also trap it in the microwave and press the "On" Button.

I'm with Fierce... I hate cats.

Last edited:
I think your best bet is to teach the cat a lesson he never forgets. A few ideas...

1. Put a bowl of food outside mixed with large amounts of laxatives.

2. Put a bunch of Cayenne pepper powder all around where he's getting in.

3. Make a pressure sensitive catapult right where he's getting in, so as soon as he steps on it, it flings him into the neighbors yard.

4. Find some other cats, shave them naked, and tie them to your porch. Hopefully he'll get the message that if he's caught, the same would happen to him.

5. I think you can buy lion pee, when cats smell it, they get out of dodge.

6. It would stand to reason if you peed on the door you could replicate the results of #5.

7. Smearing your poo on the door could make him think there was a large monkey in the house? Wait, do cats like monkeys, like Coco the gorilla and her cat? Ok, nm, scratch this one...

8. Set up a trip wire that dumps a bucket of water on the cat if he gets near your door.

9. Rig up some sort of device that would give him a gnarley electrical shock without killing it. Maybe a home made tesla coil? Something like this, but much smaller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13fl30

You could also trap it in the microwave and press the "On" Button.

Was that directed towards me? I don't remember actually telling you that story, but yes I did that to our family cat when I was about 4 years old.

Somehow the cat lived, but he was never quite the same after that.

Back