Global Agenda NDA Lifted

eh.. I don't like flames in games... But it doesn't seem any where near how major flames are in tf2.

Lol. Im looking at GA because STO refuses to work on my computer. It keeps crashing at autoupdating the launcher. I put in a support ticket.

Also, does GA have a text chat filter, and can you turn off voice chat? These are important to me, because I won't enjoy a game if I have to put up with these things.

Also, does GA have a text chat filter, and can you turn off voice chat? These are important to me, because I won't enjoy a game if I have to put up with these things.

There is a text filter. Donno about voice but you can turn the volume all the way down for incoming.

I am at a point, where I would only get it if I could get 3 other people to split a 4 pack with me. Any one interested?

Hmm, I might, still need to check out more gameplay videos.

EDIT: I'll give the 4-pack a shot, why not.

Last edited:
Steam forums say it's like Guild Wars' instancing, plus Tribes plus TF2 with skill trees.

Steam forums say it's like Guild Wars' instancing, plus Tribes plus TF2 with skill trees.

It isn't so much like tribes aside from there being jetpacks. Tribes focuses more on keeping a maximum velocity then aiming 10 miles in front of your target. In GA the packs are used mainly to provide the ability to rapidly respond tactically. For instance a recon decides to melee you, you can either block them or jet away. Or if your about to be caught in a bomb you can shift rapidly a few meters over. It isn't really easy to explain ^^

The analogies with TF2 are sorta meh. Sure there are classes, but within those you can spec to be something totally different. For instance robotics can spec for turrets similar to the engineer in tf2, or he can spec drones and be a bit more mobile. Or he could do a combination of both. Or with assault you can spec into tank and laugh at people shooting at you, or you can throw everything into AoE damage and pummel people standing on a point. Also there are multiple weapons for each class so you aren't really narrowed into one play style. For instance in most cases you really don't want to see a medic and battle them 1 on 1 because they might have something nasty waiting for you or they might be spec'd purely for healing and just jet off.

The gameplay is a bit slower then TF2 IMO. No class can 1 shot and kill. Snipers still take 2-3 hits and everything is projectile based. Also with the jetpacks you can't really assume an area is "safe". It isn't uncommon to see people drop in behind you or appear in your turrets blind spot.

Devices & Skill points:

Each class has a melee, ranged and specialty slot as well as 3 offhands. Offhands can be grenades, bombs, turrets, drones etc. They trigger without needing to switch out of your current device. Within that pool you get 15 points to divide up, devoting 4 points makes something stronger then say 1 point (max and min). So you get to decide for instance if you want a more powerful gun or the ability to repair better, or go with slightly less powerful drones, etc. Most of your build will be about maximizing a certain attribute and trading off in other areas.

Every level you gain is a skill point or device unlock. Skill points go into multiple trees (balanced and 2 class specific ones). Once you are at lvl 30 you will have all your points and devices. These can respec'd pretty quickly between missions but you don't get to choose them all. Basically you get to max out one tree and one short of a second one.

off to zZz

Back