Game sales

Last edited:
Mario Galaxy 2, $49.99 with $20 video games credit towards a future purchase
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002BSA388/

Comes out May 23. FYI, you may need to refresh to get the offer to show up for some odd reason.

First-party Wii games don't see many sales, so for what amounts to $30 and no tax...this will probably be the best price you'll see for a while.

Last edited:
I just got Mirror's Edge for $15 at Office Max + 10% off since i had my work discount card.

:D

I can't believe they let me use it :p

I just got Mirror's Edge for $15 at Office Max + 10% off since i had my work discount card.

:D

I can't believe they let me use it :p

I just got vertigo replaying the demo in my head. Very cool game...wish I could play it, lol.

One of the people that does the morning show I listen to was talking about how he got motion sick playing on his 50 or 60 something inch tv and had to play it on his smaller one.

/offtopic

and now that i see you're in OKC, you could listen to it too.

it's called the riot, on radio u. 90.5 :D

Torchlight on Steam for $5 this weekend.

I don't even like Diablo-style games and I'm tempted to pick this up. If it had multiplayer, I'd snag it in a heartbeat.

Good Old Games is a site that sells classic PC and DOS games for $5.99 and $9.99, adding "new" titles every Tuesday and Thursday with sales on the weekend.

They are guaranteed to be XP/Vista 32/64-bit compatible, and they are working on getting the ones that aren't Windows 7 compatible yet to work.

They have titles like Fallout 1 and 2, Heroes of Might & Magic 1-3, Might and Magic 1-6, Beyond Good and Evil, Caesar III, Descent, Myst, several games from the Unreal series, and around 190 more classic games.

If any of them had DRM it is removed, you can copy the files it gives you if you want, you can download them as much as you want on any PC, so long as you agree not to give it away to people who don't own it.

Anyhow, inexpensive games, weekly sales, good for nostalgia or playing games you missed "back in the day" and one of the few places where you can (legally) obtain copies of old games.

According to Kotaku, if you're willing to brave using the official EA online store, Battlefield Bad Company 2 can be had for a mere $20 today only. Details here.

Personally I'd much rather have a Steam or boxed copy given the kind of sketchy things I've heard in the past about the EA online store; but at that price it's something worth considering all the same.

Last edited:
According to Kotaku, if you're willing to brave using the official EA online store, Battlefield Bad Company 2 can be had for a mere $20 today only. Details here.

Personally I'd much rather have a Steam or boxed copy given the kind of sketchy things I've heard in the past about EA; but at that price it's something worth considering all the same.

Fixed!

EA Store's license only lasts one year. You'll have to pay 50 bucks come March 2011. xD

EA Store's license only lasts one year. You'll have to pay 50 bucks come March 2011. xD

I wouldn't worry about that. From what I have seen lately, EA will probably be turning off the servers by then. :p

Torchlight on Steam for $5 this weekend.
The sale on Torchlight extends through today.

I don't even really want the game, but, for some completely baffling reason, the pretty graphics and the $5 price tag is still tempting me.

Then I remember the thread of carpal tunnel syndrome and I put my debit card back in my wallet.

The sale on Torchlight extends through today.

I don't even really want the game, but, for some completely baffling reason, the pretty graphics and the $5 price tag is still tempting me.

Then I remember the thread of carpal tunnel syndrome and I put my debit card back in my wallet.

Bah, had it in my cart this morning, and then it went back up to $20 this afternoon while I was deciding. Suppose I shouldn't have waited, haha.

Augh, why does Steam taunt me with sales when I have no money? ;_;
If it's any consolation, my informal research (i.e. paying attention to my Steam Friends list) would suggest that people will buy Borderlands while it's on sale, play it for a week, then forget about it completely until the next DLC releases.

For those with money to spend on games, there are better ways to stretch your games budget (in terms of replayability).

If it's any consolation, my informal research (i.e. paying attention to my Steam Friends list) would suggest that people will buy Borderlands while it's on sale, play it for a week, then forget about it completely until the next DLC releases.

For those with money to spend on games, there are better ways to stretch your games budget (in terms of replayability).

Seconded but I bought it back when knowing that anyway.

Back