Game sales

CoD: Black Ops, Halo: Reach, and a handful of other new releases are on sale at target for $39 until 1/1...

Just finishing up trine on PS3. Amazing game. I'd expect you'd want to play with a joypad. Any word on the other two games in the bundle?

/bump

Let's get back to using this thread to post about game sales instead of creating separate threads for each game (which, I admit, is something I've done in the last week).

I can't seem to figure out if it would run at a passable frame rate on my PC (Dell Studio with a ATI Mobility Radeon 3650 HD) and my backlog is already packed, so I may skip this one more because of time limitations than cost. Also, I'm not a fan of stealth gameplay. I'm just not that patient.

But MAN that is a great deal on the game.

Have you thought about creating a forum as a "Trading Post"?

I used to participate in an xbox gaming group who did that. People who post messages for what they were "looking for" and/or "available trades".

Places like GameStop only give a fraction of what they turn around and sell a game. People could either negotiate swaps (1:1, 2:1, etc based on an agreed upon trade value) or sold (usually more than GS would give, but less than it could be bought used).

So for example, lets say we're looking at Halo Reach. I haven't researched prices so this is hypothetical:

New: $40
Used @ GS: $35
Trade-in Value: $15

I might list it in the trade forum for $25 + shipping. I'd get more than GS would give and someone could purchase for less than GS would charge.

The downside is that it could potentially result in some drama. We never had any issues in my other group, but it was also all adult users (over 25...most over 30 with kids). CGAlliance has a much wider audience and does have some younger members. If the forum were implemented, it would really need to have a "buyer beware" policy since I'm sure nobody here wants to act as mediator if a trade were to go bad. I would hope that wouldn't happen here, but you never know.

Option B
With that said....you also might want to try Trade Games Now. I haven't used it in years, but I have sold / traded / purchased games on it in the past and only had good experiences.

Amazon has some popular PC games on sale today:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC) -- $19.99, down from $39.99
Dead Island (PC) -- $19.99, down from $39.99
Witcher 2 (PC Download) -- $15.99, down from $39.99
Amnesia: The Dark Descent -- $4.99, down from $19.99
Metro 2033 -- $4.99, down from $19.99
Civilization V: GOTY Edition -- $29.99, down from $49.99
Source: Amazon discounts PC versions of Witcher 2, Deus Ex and more

In other news, I'm looking forward to the day I can build a new desktop gaming rig...

Rochard is $4.99 (50% off) on Steam today.

I bought the PS3 version of Rochard when it was on sale for $7 because I really enjoyed the demo (and I felt the game was more enjoyable playing on a PS3 and a TV than on my laptop). But $5 is a great deal and PSN sales are so rare that you might as well pick it up on Steam.

Back