Friend has breast cancer, her mother dying of it

MaidMirawyn

I just found out that a friend from dance class, Nyssa, has stage three breast cancer. It is metastatic: they found it in at least one lymph.

She just found out about a week and a half ago, and is starting chemo this week. She is only forty-three, and it would not have been found if not for her family history. It took four tests to find out she did have cancer, and the slight cloudiness they found on the mammogram would not have led to additional tests for most people.

Her mother is dying of breast cancer. She had it, it went into remission, and it came back after three years. Her mother had an allergic reaction to chemo, and they have run out of options.

The mother, I believe, is a Christian. Nyssa is NOT. She is single, never married, and doesn't have kids. She does not have a good job, good insurance, or a lot of vacation time. My dance troop is currently working on plans to do a benefit show for her in September. (We are optimistic about the show, since every show we have has sold out.)

Please pray for both of them, especially Nyssa.

i know what cancer can do to people. my grandfather (Dad's side) had in many places. kidney, Liver all the bad places. i despise cancer now. it is a cruel and merciless disease that eats away people until they are only of a shell of who they once were. it stole my grandfather and i will pray that it doesn't steal your friend, or that if it does she has time to get saved. Praying.
Joey

well, I personally have seen my grandpa healed from cancer twice... the third time he wore out from fighting it, and the pain of lumps the side of oranges on his neck was unbareable so if there is a way out, and of course prayer. will be praying for both of them

Will be praying. I'm actually switching majors over to biochemistry, so I'm hoping I might be able to help fight cancer. God's calling me to help people, so hopefully I can help people like your friend!

i will be taking Biomedical Engineering. so i can make robots to kill Cancer, no matter where it is. (a lot of brain cancers are often inoperable due to location or size).
Joey

My wife's mom died of breast cancer at age 56 about three years ago. Like your friend's mom, they didn't find it in her breast even though she had yearly mammograms. They only found it after it had metastisized into her large intestine. Chemo gave her an extra two years, and she got to see her grandson, but it certainly wasn't pretty at the end.

My wife has graciously offered to make herself available as an anonymous listener who has walked a mile in those shoes. Her e-mail is saturnexpress AT yahoo DOT com, and I have seen her do amazing things with friends of ours who are going through difficult situations.

And, obviously, we are both praying for your friend's healing and salvation.

I'm actually switching majors over to biochemistry

Wow, wouldn't touch that subject with a 10 foot poll. I don't think my major (Welding Engineering) can help you with cancer though.. ):

I will be praying for you and your friends Dea!

Um, any of the ladies out there have any good knitting or crochet patterns for chemo caps? She'll be needing them, and another woman in class and I want to make her some nice ones.

And thanks for praying, everyone.

i will be taking Biomedical Engineering. so i can make robots to kill Cancer, no matter where it is.

Nanotechnology shows the most promise in this field. I'd highly expect in the next twenty or thirty years to be able to go to my local pharmacist and buy a little bottle of cream full of nanobots. These bots will go throughout your entire body, blowing away cancer cells, blood clots, excess fatty tissue, as well as healing damaged areas of the body from as complex as a collapsed lung to as simple as a papercut. I was going to go into this field, but they don't have any programs like that around Michigan -- and I can't get into MIT and I don't want to go to Texas.

An then the machines take over.........Terminator, Matrix.....Anyone?

or you can read the book Prey good book, i like it. basicaly its nanobots that end up killing everybody. lots of fun... i should read it again.. hm...

still praying tho!

NC state has a good biomed program but i feel we are losing the topic of this thread. Dea how is your friend? have you been witnessing to her? is she keeping her hopes up?
Joey

She doing pretty well, still; she's only been on chemo a week, so she isn't having any problems with it yet.

Hair loss, loss of appetite, and drop in energy aren't yet affecting her, and her spirits are pretty good still.

Um, any of the ladies out there have any good knitting or crochet patterns for chemo caps? She'll be needing them, and another woman in class and I want to make her some nice ones.

And thanks for praying, everyone.

http://www.headhuggers.org/

This is the best web page I have found for them. I could make one too. Does she have a favorite color?

Kel Queen of all Europe

THAT'S the site I was looking for! I should have bookmarked it the first time...

Thanks for the offer, Kel. I'll get back with you...

Back