Friend has breast cancer, her mother dying of it

I'm trying the "Lace-Edged Women's Hat" with bright purple Simply Soft yarn. If you friend doesn't need it or doesn't like the color I am sure I can find a hospital here to give it too.

Kel Queen of all Europe

THC, found in marijuana, has been known to help zap away cancer cells in the breast, brain, and one other place (can't remember right now). It's one of the primary arguments for the legalization of medicinal marijuana. That's always a route to go.

Note: I'm just throwing it out there. I don't want to debate.

Maybe if they could just extract it from it or something... unless it's not possible. It'd just be really bad if they somehow got addicted

well, i have had been toying (more like beating my brains out) with ideas that i have had as to ways to beat cancer. Cancer is a tricky thing. it is tricky because technically, and as your body sees it, nothing is wrong. cancer occurs when white blood cells do mitosis or the process in which your body makes new cells by the previous copying itself (more or less) and something goes wrong. in that sense to your body nothing is wrong, but once that cancerous cell is made horrible things await. what happens is this new cell cannot control its mitosis, it copies rapidly. to your body it only sees a glob of white blood cells but in reality it is a deadly sponge soaking up all of your bodies nutrients. treatments for cancer nowadays are ok. Chemo works but it is very broad in that it kills EVERYTHING in the body, sure it gets the cancer but also every other good cell too. my ideas involve more accurate treatments with better chances of success. i have given most of these long hours, days and in some cases weeks of thought. many adults whom i have talked with say these ideas aren't too far fetched nor do they have no possibility of success. if you want to hear some of my ideas i would love to hear your feedback (agreements or otherwise, especially otherwise. in this subject i appreciate it when people show me something that won't work, it give me insight as well as a new challenge). again Dea, my prayers go out to your friend and family.
Joey

Chemo works but it is very broad in that it kills EVERYTHING in the body, sure it gets the cancer but also every other good cell too.

Yeah, the reasoning behind it is that the cancer cells will die more than the good cells because they'll soak up more radiation and stuff.

Anyway, it's also hard because if there's a tumor and stuff you can remove it and try to get rid of the cancerous cells... but there's no way to know if you got all of it because it could've seeded itself elsewhere and you won't find it until it's big enough to notice.

its called metastasized, where the tumor has spread, with MOST cancers if you can catch before it breaks up like that you have a VERY high chance of survival.
Joey

Hers has metastasized. It was found first in a lymph: the one under the arm, though I don't know which side. Waiting on an email back from my dance instructor with an update on Nyssa. Missed class because of work and sickness.

i had a lymphnode swollen once. nothing serious but it was cool.

anyway, still praying, for her and so u can get better.

BTW: Lymph is a fluid. im guessing they ment Lymphnode. thats whats filters the lymph. unless i totaly got this wrong. :)

Wow... that is too bad. I will pray.

I know how it feels to have family members dying of cancer, my grandma on my moms side is dying of it, and my grandpa on my dads side is dying of it as well.

Yes, technically it's a lymph node. The human body has five to six hundred of them, clustered in the underarms, neck, groin, abdomen, and chest.

ya, i had a swollen one on my right check bone area. i still play around with it when i am SUPER SUPER bored. they are cool little dudes. :)

i just think of ways to totally pwn C4nc3r in t3h f4c3!!!! it took my grandpa, now i will take away the fear of it. HA! (of course its all God, aint no 14 year old normally smart or determined for such an odd goal). Still praying for your friend.
Joey

An update on Nyssa:

She had her second chemo treatment Monday, and that is going pretty well. However, the day after chemo she has to get a shot; it leaves her whole body aching, like a bad case of flu. And this week she started losing her long, beautiful dark brown hair.

She won't ask anyone for help, so people have to just TELL her they are going to do something for her.

Update on Nyssa:

Praise
She saw her surgeon between the second and third chemo treatments. The lump in her breast has shrunk, to almost half the size it was before treatment. Even the tumor in the lymph node has begun shrinking, and the doctor has said that almost never happens like that!

Continuing request
All things considered, Nyssa's doing very well with the chemo. Her only side effects have been serious fatigue, body aches from the day-after shots, and hair loss...not bad, considering what some people suffer.

She has her fourth chemo treatment Monday. I don't know how many she has left, but she'll have surgery after chemo is finished followed by radiation. But the response to chemo has been promising.

w00t! Praise GOD! He is great isnt he. That is amazing, will continue prayer for her. Its amazing seeing him do what he does best.

Update:

We had a benefit show at a local Lebanese restaurant Monday. We raised $2196 to date (with some money still due to come in) for Nyssa!

She has her surgery on Tuesday, October 2. Chemo is finished, thankfully, and she'll have six weeks of radiation after the surgery. And yay! The radiation should be over and done with before Christmas.

I just learned her mother did die, though, and she hasn't told her dad about the cancer. (He's in his seventies and has heart problems.)

Thanks, everyone, for your prayers. Keep it up!

Back