FOOD!!!!!!!!

Minutes to go before the stress test, so almost at a loss. But will go with my munchy snack of the day.

Ritz Crackers (or the generic equivalent)

I like Asian rice crackers and wasabi peas for snacks.

We also eat a ton of fresh popped pop corn at our house. Popped in olive oil in a big kettle.

I think this will be the last chance the vegans have for their say, they have been so quiet. This item can be fixed veggie, with pork, with beef, or with shrimp. One of my favorites when I go to a Chinese restaurant.

Fried Rice

I would love to know how to reproduce restaurant-like fried rice at home. I've tried with various recipes, but never got particularly close. Most fried rice is scarily similar across restaurants, so there has to be a recipe out there somewhere.

Of course, it probably includes liberal quantities of MSG.

Well we haven't had this in ages around here, I have all the stuff we just can't get up the energy to pull it off. A very simple dish, there is some evidence that Marco Polo stole it from the Chinese.

Spaghetti

You vegans can even fix it meatless, ugh.

Spaghetti is fast, which makes it common at our house. We used to eat it meatless, but I've since decided it needs ground turkey. Otherwise it's just a big bowl of unsatisfying carbs.

Tried making meatballs for the first time recently. Seems like a lot of work for not a lot of payoff. I'd rather just add crumbled sausage or leftover taco meat if I want some extra flavor in the meat.

Reminds me of the venison jerky we used to have as kids when my dad and grandpa came back from hunting. Very tasty.

OK it is the big weekend, so my plans for the weekend are real simple, quick and easy, not gonna bother my better half to cook and clean, we can't afford to eat out, or order out, so the mainstay for this weekend will be:

Bologna and Swiss sandwich on wheat bread.

Ok has part of the RFP (Rapid Fueling Process) this item has been thrown in, crunchy, salty,

Pretzels

With all the sitting around on the pc, I'm going the low carb route this weekend. Snacking on beef jerky atm and drinking water.

Now that every one has gotten hungry playing too many hours, let's do a good ol greasy,

Fried Egg Sandwich

While on the subject of eggs, I have tried this, I hate it, despise it, and my other half keeps trying to get me to eat it again, I hate it almost as much as I do chicken.

Quiche

We went through a season where we made a lot of quiche at our house. Used veggies from the garden in it. Good way to use up a lot of excess swiss chard.

Pie crust is kind of a pain, though. Not to mention terrible, nutrition-wise. White flower and shortening.... :D But soooo tasty.

I'm guessing, Ursen, that you aren't a custard fan in general?

Back