FOOD!!!!!!!!

The only one that really startles me, or makes me think hard about McDonalds is selling beer in some countries. The Japanese ones sound like they are really good, but a heart attack waiting to happen. And no you aren't off topic this works well for today's entry.

I think the McDonalds in Russia sold beer... The lack or scarcity of clean, drinkable water makes beer in some places the drink of choice (the bit of alchohol kills off the bacteria and such).

When I was on a missions trip there, we could brush our teeth with the tap water in some places, but couldn't in others. The water available was either carbonated mineral water (think fizzy salt water) or some spring water being bottled by one of the large Russian Orthodox Churches (there was a natural spring under one of their church buildings. That water was quite expensive as well.

Which brings to mind one of my favorites would be the German, Das Nurnberger, triple bratwurst, way to go!!

I wonder why we don't see some of these things in the US. I could imagine the pizza pocket selling as a limited time thing.

As for my choices, I'll take the chocolate and orange pie and the fried brie. It's like classy food, McDonalded down.

The local McD's when I was stationed in Germany had beer. The only thing that annoyed me was having to pay for any condiments you might want. On a side note, I loved the Pizza Huts over there. Dislike them here in the U.S.

It depends on the part of the country for Pizza Huts. When we lived in upstate New York they had GREAT Pizza Huts - the competition was pretty strong.

They had a funny commercial for Pizza Hut when I was in England with Americans eating pizza with their hands to the shock of all the British diners who eat pizza with a fork.

I use a fork mostly. Now let's move on with something a little more common, something used for the Common Cold or with the flu.

chicken noodle soup

They had a funny commercial for Pizza Hut when I was in England with Americans eating pizza with their hands to the shock of all the British diners who eat pizza with a fork.
I remember them eating hamburgers with a fork..lol.

I use a fork mostly. Now let's move on with something a little more common, something used for the Common Cold or with the flu.

chicken noodle soup
I love my wife's chicken noodle soup!

One of my favorite recipes at the moment is a Vietnamese chicken noodle soup. It has lime juice, ginger, snow peas, carrots, and green onions. It cooks up really fast and has a wonderful light, summery taste.

As for colds and flu, along with chicken soup I started drinking Turmeric milk when I got sick, and it seems to work pretty well. Indian folk remedy. Apparently Turmeric is a great inflammation fighter.

OK today let's go with one of the most versatile and basic of foods. I have a Mexican friend who is like family who makes these fresh for us, and the Spanish/English class my better half and I facilitate likes to ask her for them for a special treat. We load them up with ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, and sour cream. Last time our friend said she would make them for the class if Grandpapa(me) would make the carne. Done and done.

Tortillas

multi-purpose goodness - nothing like a good hot tortilla. I used to be flour only, but I am liking corn these gluten-free days.

Nice, oh man where to begin... you already mentioned taco's so how about wraps. We can get very inventive here, grilled steak, sharp cheddar cheese, teriyaki sauce, green onions, the list goes on, and for some reason my mouth is watering.

Back