FOOD!!!!!!!!

For beans thew two choices should be Jacob's Cattle or Yellow Eye. Of course, there is nothing vegan about beans when I make them. Salt pork or bacon are requirements.

Pinto, with homemade bbq sauce. Dumped over the cornbread. With a side of cornbread covered in fresh honey for dessert. I prefer a little beef bacon crumbled into the beans though. Glass of sweet tea to drink. MMhmm now I'm all hungry.

Last edited:
Enough pandering to vegans, and we can worry about healthy later.

Baked pork chops

Does it have to be baked? I'm a firm believer in grilling any and all meat. If it's not on the BBQ it's on my George Foreman grill.

Love me some sweet corn on the cob. This year it's gonna be like finding hen's teeth, 'cause of the drought.

One area school is starting back Monday, several private schools are starting the week after, so lets dredge up some recent memories for some, ancient memories for others.

School Cafeteria

OK new week that one has percolated long enough. Mmmmmm speaking of percolating would you like decafffinated or leaded?

coffee

And the first one that mentions mint coffee will be accused of mouthing obscenities.

It feels like a shameless plug, but if my income gets raised like I think it will, I will try this online supplier. http://www.coffeefool.com/
In the end buying less at a time, but more frequently. Some of the bargain coffees I fix now really are difficult to find a drinkable balance in the brew.
I would like to try the bacon flavored coffee one time.

Last edited:
It feels like a shameless plug, but if my income gets raised like I think it will, I will try this online supplier. http://www.coffeefool.com/
In the end buying less at a time, but more frequently. Some of the bargain coffees I fix now really are difficult to find a drinkable balance in the brew.
I would like to try the bacon flavored coffee one time.
Cool site but too expensive for me. I usually get a giant bag of Guatemala or Rwanda beans from Costco - 3 pounds for less than $9. I can never go back to ground coffee, much less the sawdust from Folgers and the like.

All right a lot of fresh ground types out there, let's get the subject just slightly skewed, what kind of grinder do ya use? Mine is a burr type machine, but not too expensive a small GE. 12 cup max grind size.

As much as I need one, I don't have a grinder. One of these days.... What I do have is a french press and a local coffee shop that will grind the beans for me. The most recent blend I have tried is Yrgacheffe. A dark, but not bitter, blend that I will definitely buy again.

Back