FIFTH ANNUAL CGA ALL DAY PRAYER DAY

A BIG THANK YOU to all who participated or endlessly bugged people to get more participation. If you feel comfortable enough to post, go ahead and share anything you would like to about your experience.

Me personally I have been having a tough time with many things that have happened this year ( 2008). You would think having a preemie baby last year(2007) would have been more difficult, but that was a bit easier. This year I have had to do a lot by myself due to husband's new job and us not moving until months later and also now since the move giving up a support system that now I have to find a way to rebuild.

It is quite hard for me to just sit down and try to be in God's presence let alone just talk with Him for an hour. I tend to pray probably differently than most.....things come to mind or I write and other such things. Most of this should probably be posted in the prayer area, but just my feelings and such for today.

I hope you each had your own special time with God and will and are blessed tremendously. I know personally I have a lot of work to do, but that is sometimes how we end up growing the most.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

A BIG THANK YOU to all who participated or endlessly bugged people to get more participation.
Heh, that would be me.

/grin

I was glad to see us fill almost all the time slots. I think it's a very reasonable goal to fill all 24 hour slots next year and maybe even have a few hours overlapping.
If you feel comfortable enough to post, go ahead and share anything you would like to about your experience.
It had been a long time since I spent that much time in prayer, but it was a positive experience for me. It's difficult for me to put aside online and Real Life(TM) responsibilities and spend some time in quiet prayer, especially as the President of two Christian gaming organizations.

I spent time re-reading threads in the Prayer Request / Praise Report forum and praying over every request with a post in November.

I tend to pray probably differently than most.....things come to mind or I write and other such things.
Writing can be a form of prayer for me, too, so I understand what you mean. It's often easier for me to write out my thoughts and even prayers than speak them out loud.

Moderator's note: Thread unstuck at OP's request.

I ended up being sick that day, but I set the alarm and prayed from bed. Admittedly I didn't pray for the whole hour but I talked to God first asking for strength to get up to keep my commitment here or else for peace that I wasn't letting Him or the group down if He wanted me to stay in bed, and He let me know I was sicker than I thought and put me back to sleep.

It turned out to be a very good thing we had that conversation because I might have made myself even sicker without that warning. I have been not feeling well for a while, but I've been doing work for a lady who is now dying of cancer so I've been putting those feelings aside for her sake thinking it was just a small suffering compared to hers. But if the Lord was concerned about my health I figured I should be too, so I stayed home that day resting and taking stock of my physical condition (I have a mental illness and one of its features is that I don't naturally recognize and express pain normally unless I actually devote myself to the task of doing so) and realized I was pretty bad off after all.

Fortunately it's not an emergency situation, I just have to go in to the doctor for some tests next week and keep resting in the meantime, but it could have become an emergency situation if I had continued the workload I was taking on and not talked to God about it. But as childish as it may seem, the best part was just having Him be there taking care of me. As a wife and a mother I admit it is easy to fall into the thinking that I am spending so much time and energy taking care of everyone else and no one is taking care of me, so it's wonderful to be reminded that that is completely not true.

~ Taigris

Back