Farewell for now at least

Razilena

I have come to a difficult time in my life when my believes have been shaken to the point that I would no longer consider myself Christian. I am searching to find what is it that I truly believe. This has been happening slowly over about 5 months. I have stayed in the guild as long as I felt comfortable being that I am still not sure what I believe. However, I just feel like it would be dishonest to stay any longer and feel as though I don't belong anyway. If my believes change and I do again become Christian I have no doubts that they will be stronger then ever but until then its time to move on. Please do not respond to this post as I will be removing myself from the forums as well.

I wish you all the best and have enjoyed being in Redeemed. See ya around. <hugs>

I doubt this reply will ever be seen by Razlea, but it's important, nonetheless. There may be others in a similar situation that need to hear this too. If any of you know how to contact Raz and can pass this along, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Firstly, I don't make the rules, I don't even know them all myself. However, I would say that once you're in, you're welcome to stay. Have questions about what you believe and why? That's okay by me. Without having people there with you, it's easy to get confused and make worse decisions. I'd suggest that you stay. Ask questions. Chat with us. If we can be of any help, just let us know. I don't expect it all to be public, either. Most of us will answer PMs on the boards, mail in game, talk in Vent...whatever. You pick the method, we'll meet you there.

It's okay to question what you believe. There are countless references in the Bible that tell us this. Job, King David, Jesus... all give us clear examples of wrestling with what God has said - to reflect, pray, consider what was said.

I think that it is healthy to consider your values, your beliefs... and to compare them against what you believe to be the ultimate truth.

Is drinking okay?

Should women wear dresses all the time?

Is it bad for men to have long hair?

Do I have to dress up for church on Sunday?

How should we treat thieves, liars, beggars, homosexuals, murderers?

Is it bad to watch movies with sexuality and violence?

Is abortion wrong?

Is cohabitation before marriage really that bad?

Do I need to be baptized?

There are a countless number of things that we perceive to be right and wrong, and it's hard to get a grasp on what we believe about most of them. So you really have to look at what you believe, and more importantly, why you believe it.

Because society says so? Because your parents say so? Because you want it to be that way? Or because God said so?

Also think about what got you to where you are now? Why did you believe before? What has been shaking your faith? Are you afraid you're not good enough? Was there was a hypocrite at church?

There are a lot of people that try to do something with good intentions, but they really just miss the boat on how to effectively reach out and do the right thing.

Leaving when you have questions could be you doing something with good intentions, but completely going about it in the worst way possible.

Come and talk to me. I might have an answer you've been needing to hear. But I'm not so set in my ways that I'm not willing to explore the possibilities with you and maybe we'll both learn something.

I think its perfectly normal to question yourself, others and even your own religion.

Nothing wrong with it. :)

Part of why we're all here is to help each with those types of questions and help each other grow in our faith (and sometimes even discover our faith). I think that's the whole point of fellowship - to help each other through struggles, support each other during the low times, rejoice together in the high times, and answer the questions we can't answer ourselves.

Even if it's not read, wanted to say I've been where you are now, and I came to the conclusion (for me at least) even though I have questions that may never be answered, or I disagree with what some people think, one thing is true, and that's what happened to my life after I believed, and what's happened since.

Every day I look in the face of my daughter is a day I thank God for giving us this gift. I'm a firm believer that as humans we have alot of things mixed up, but the core principle of God and Jesus, for me at least, there's just no denying it.

God Bless, and will be praying.

Well said, Tath. (Especially for an Aggie! ;))

Personally, I think God is big enough for our questions. Meaning He's OK with us struggling at times, and asking reasonable questions doesn't make Him say, "Woah, that's a black mark against you, buddy. Just you wait..."

When we struggle, especially with questions about Him and what He's allowed to come into our lives, the best thing we can do is lean into Him. As in, "God, I believe that you are there, but I don't understand what's going on/why it's going on. I'm angry/scared/frustrated/hurt, and need to work through this. Please help me." I believe that's a prayer that He's always ready to answer. The answers won't always come in the way that we'd like, but if we're willing to look beyond our momentary circumstances they're always there.

But I'd agree with the sentiments above that this is a great place to ask those questions and process through those issues. You don't need to feel 'all cleaned up' in order to be in a good place with God, and you don't need to feel that way to have a home here, either.

Last edited:
God has said He is truth. In fact, since Jesus is God (John 14v9), Jesus said that He is truth, the source of all truth, Himself (John 14v6). The whole world was created through Jesus and by Jesus and for Jesus and he dwelled here in the flesh for a time with us (John 1v14) to testify to the truth (John 18v37).

To walk away from truth and to question what truth is is what Pilate did (John 18v38). Ravi Zacharias has commented about this, "When Pilate said "What is truth?" and walked away, he walked away from the greatest authority of the greatest question and committed the greatest crime in his time."

What lie has the enemy given that you have believed instead?

On a very personal note, when I sometimes wonder what truth I would pursue if I would give up God's Truth, the options aren't very pretty and in fact the lies are downright ugly if I were to put any faith in them.

I would encourage you to come back and place your trust in Him who is the source of truth.

Sad to see Raz go. Wish we could have hung out more. I pray she figures things out and finds the path back again soon! It's hard to grow as a christian when not surrounded by people living out their faith in Jesus.

Last edited:
Back