Events for Elite Areas

TheRaven

I know there has been a lot of interest in clearing some of the Elite areas for HoM statues. I have all the statues but I would love to clear some of these areas again just for fun and loot.

However it has proven difficult in the past to organize for this. We have folks on the forums that say they want to come but then everyone isn't available at the same time or they aren't online when the event is scheduled or they come but with really poor builds that hurt the team.

I'd like to give this another shot if possible. Here's a list of the events we're interested in doing and what would be required. Which ones do you want?

Fissure of Woe - Clearing in Normal mode isn't difficult. Takes about 2 or 3 hours (we don't do speed clears here) and pretty much any lvl 20 character you bring with an adequate build suitable for most HM PvE will work.

Underworld - Harder. Dhuum isn't as tough as he appears. Just keep running and make sure your healers keep the Reapers alive and he'll go down eventually. Getting thru the quests though is a nightmare. Especially the Ice Wastes quest and 4 Horsemen. We'd need a good solid competent tank that has done this before and knows what to expect. (not me). Several damage dealers and good monks. 1 or 2 heroes are acceptable but prefer a mostly human team. If anyone needs just a spider run, i can do that as well. Not difficult.

Urgoz - Need lots of damage. Expect heavy heavy mobs. Crit Barragers, Nukers and a spirit spammer welcome. A good tank helps but isn't necessary. Must haves: A Necrotic Traversal Necro and A Ranger with Edge of Extinction......and of course monks. 3 would be nice.

The Deep - For me this is one of the hardest areas to organize for. You have a 12 man team, but it must be split into 4 teams of 3 each at the very beginning. Those 3 man teams each need a healer, tank and damage dealer. This limits the number of heroes you can have on your team. I'd love to revisit the deep if enough people are interested.

D.O.A. - Great area to clear. You need the statue and you need torment weapons for your hall. Even if we don't clear an area, we can earn gemstones for those weapons. Anyone that wants to come is welcome but unless we have a solid team, don't expect to clear. We managed to clear the City of Torqua a week ago with a Spirit Spammer, 3 discord Necro heroes, a Nuker, a Tank, an SS Necro and Dunky. Some areas are tougher than others.

Sorrow's Furnace also offers a statue but should be solo'able with today's builds. I'm not sure if Tombs or Duncan have statutes or not.

So, thoughts? Sign ups? Availability? I'm free in the evenings. Preferably weekends.

Last edited:
Count me in - I particularly need the Deep - Underworld - and DoA - but I'm willing to tag along on anything. I can be almost any kind of Ele Nuker you need.

I could do something today - I have until 7:00pm Pacific time.

Last edited:
I would love to come. I need all of these areas for my HoM. My primary char is my Ranger. The only downside for me is that I won't be around much until the middle of next week.

Still stinging from the last time in my old guild we tried The Deep, but would at least love to get beyond the starting gate. I have a number of 'toons in different classes that can do FoW, might like to try DoA one time. And Sorrow's Furnace Ursina is itching to try. Might like to try Urgoz with something other than a ranger, let me see what I have that can get there. Possibly a Necro or Rit. Where ever don't ask me to heal unless it is a necessity for an 8 man all something event. The only thing I have experience tanking with is my axe nun in FoW, but I would need some lead time to get her ready for FoW again. I need to make all plans in advance though, hard for me just to pick up and say "Go". Willing to tinker with builds till the cows come home, makes for good coordinated efort.

I only need Urgoz and The Deep. Would be willing to do the others, but would love to start with the 12 man areas.

I Monk really well as that is my main. Plz let me know on this forum or in game what Elite Areas you got coming up and when.
Thanks!
Will The Wiseman =)

Definately willling to come along on any of my characters to areas they have access to. My necro has all the areas, and I've completed all of them at one time or anoher. Underworld draws specific interest from me in that I haven't actuually faced dhuum yet, and I know one of my guildies needs both uw and the deep.

I could dust off my Crit. Barrager if y'all wanted him for anything, I don't think I have any huge deadlines looming in the near future.

Joey.

Wow, Ducky lives???? I thought he uninstalled the game and moved on.

Anyways, lets set up a tentative plan here.

Next Friday: November 5th, 8pm EST. - UNDERWORLD CLEAR.

If you can make here, reply here. I'd like to start at 8pm on the dot. Not 8:15, not 8:30. If you would like to come please reply and state the general role you want to fulfill.

We will need 2 competent monks and we will need a tank that has experience with the Ice Wastes and 4 Horseman. If we do not get a tank to sign on then this event will likely be canceled.

Ducky, since you are alive and well and I know you've successfully tanked the 4 horseman, I'd love for you to put the crit barrager back in the closet and bring back your tank. (Hint hint). However if you have not been in the UW since the Dhuum update, please come ingame soon and do a trial run. We can grab some heroes and give the 4 horseman a go.

So, who's interested? And what can you bring to the trip?

Count me in. I can bring any kind of Ranger that would be needed. Right now I'm playing with a Glass Arrows build for large amounts of damage, but I could adjust according to what's needed for the team. If it would be something different just give me a little lead time so that I could mess with a build before going.

I would help out with my monk, but I'll be at a retreat this weekend. Hopefully I can join you on the next run.
Have fun!
=)

Ummmm...wow is all I can say about Dhuum. I was just checking some stuff out on youtube and man that looks intense! Have you guys taken him on before? I'm guessing that we need to be packing lots of consumables.

Weekends are pretty dull around here, but I can't promise anything. What time is it again? If I'm not doing anything I'll bring my monk.

It's 8pm EST this Friday. I think that's 5pm for you STC if you're still in California.

So far no tanks have volunteered. We won't be able to clear without a tank so if no one shows up perhaps we can do DOA gemstone farming or something different.

It's 8pm EST this Friday. I think that's 5pm for you STC if you're still in California.

So far no tanks have volunteered. We won't be able to clear without a tank so if no one shows up perhaps we can do DOA gemstone farming or something different.

I'm down for either. I need ecto/shards and gemstones. 5pm Friday.. don't have classes, sharks don't play. It is right at the beginning of dinner... maybe I'll get a to-go box..

I'm not leet enough for all that business and I can't commit the time anyway, but if I'm around I'll try to listen in on TS chatter. :) Good hunting!

Back