ESO - Elder Scrolls Online

Taran

The Elder Scrolls Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that was announced in May 2012. Developed by the team at ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. An entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history will be revealed in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the Daedric prince, Molag Bal, tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm. This game is scheduled for an end of 2013 release, and will have player-vs-environment and player-vs-player (Alliance) components to it.

More information can be found at:
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en
http://tamrielfoundry.com/

So this thread is a basic callout, "is-anyone-else-interested" in this game? If so, would you be interested in forming a guild for this game? Please post in the Tribe of Judah Forums (General Discussion thread - ESO) so we know who might be interested.

Last edited:
cool link..is there a info section telling of game price and/or monthly fees?
i didnt see it from that link but i could have missed it so i figured id ask lol

Game price has not yet been announced.
Monthly fees are expected, but the financial model has not yet been decided (nor announced). If they use the model of most fee-based MMO's, that would be roughly $15 per month (with discounts for paying for more at one time).

I'll most likely participate in beta if invited, or if there is an open beta, so it'd be fun to be able to try it with other CGA members.

Don't really intend to leave GW2 any time in the forseeable future, though.

Does anyone know anything about guild betas? I have noticed that Saints 3-D (SAVD) does those, would be fun! I admit my favorite game of all time is Skyrm, if that thing was a MMO... it would be awesome !

I think ESO had a spot to enter in information on any guilds you belong to on their beta application.

yes I saw that back when I filled mine out. I know they send some guilds invitations to betas. I'm guessing you need to know someone for that. =)

I was/am very excited about ESO. It all depends on if it's pay-to-play or buy-to-play.

I have never and will never pay a monthly fee to have access to a video game I already purchased.

If it is BTP I am definitely getting this game though. Not leaving GW2 or anything but it would be added to my game time. :)

Biblica & I too, have applied for Beta. Sorry we haven't been on GW2 of late; Sandra - Biblica has been going through some health issues, so I have been there for her. We so miss playing with you all. I load our GW2 guys up sometimes, just to feel the joy of playing; Thank you for Prayers as we Pray for you all!

ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) was announced today that it has been pushed back to be released in Spring 2014. It will be available in PC, Mac, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. I guess the beta testing showed there's more work to be done than at first anticipated.

For those interested in potential builds for how characters would be designed in Elder Scrolls Online, there are some descriptions that have been posted on a fan site. While alot can change between now and Spring 2014 release, these "potential" lists do help fans gain some understanding of what ESO could look like. No promises on how accurate the original author was.

Dragonknight Class Skills, Fighter Guild Skills, Mage Guild Skills
http://eldersouls.com/_/elder-scrolls-online/news/eso-dragon-knight-fighter-and-mage-guild-skills-leaked-r145

Templar Class Skills, Mage Class Skills, Armor Skills, Weapon Skills
http://eldersouls.com/topic/4146-eso-templar-mage-armor-weapon-skills-leaked/

Nightblade Class Skills
http://eldersouls.com/topic/4340-eso-beta-nightblade-skills-leaked/

They just announced that they are going with the subscription model. Kind of a shame for me since that significantly lowers any chances of me getting the game.

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

In other news, what do you guys think about Everquest Next? Its completely free, has some interesting features I think, such as fully destructible environment, absence of a level system, fully dynamic world...

Last edited:
There was so much noise about a "hybrid model" not that long ago. Focus groups must have given them hope a sub model will survive. If recent launches are any indication, those of us allergic to subscriptions might be able to play some time in 2015.

As for EQ Next, I like the idea of a game built entirely around RvR (WvW). It's so early in development at this point, though, that the information is very broad. It's easy to sound awesome when so few details are in place.

I tend to gloss over EQ news as I am still resentful towards SOE for ruining the first MMO I ever played (SWG). I tried EQ2 and never really got into it. It didnt help that I was heavily invested in WoW at the time. The thought of a good sandbox entices me. The next sandbox I find myself following is probably The Repopulation.

TESO looks cool but I'm not into TES enough to find myself wanting to play it.

I think for both, I would not be willing to sub for them. If I can get over the fact that its SOE, I may try EQ Next (given that it is F2P). FFXIV is in the same boat, kinda want to try it but not sure I want another sub game right now.

For my fantasy fix, I got GW2 and Diablo 3 at the moment. The next MMO I buy will likely be Wildstar, however I still want to get into a closed or open beta (preferrably the latter) to see if the combat style suits me.

I was disappointed to find that Wildstar is also going subscription, sort of. You can get a regular sub for $15.99, or you can buy CREDD (GW2 gems) for in game money. You need $19.99 worth of CREDD for a month's play, and just like gems, the cost of CREDD in in-game money varies with the market. Oh, and there's a box price as well.

So not only do you have the pressure of playing enough to justify a sub, you need to play to earn gold to defray your sub cost. I'd be questioning every purchase made in game because it would effectively be paying real cash for it until I had my sub paid down for the month. Sounds like a terrible model to me.

I like the wit and style of the game, so I was saddened to find out about that.

Last edited:
I was disappointed to find that Wildstar is also going subscription, sort of. You can get a regular sub for $15.99, or you can buy CREDD (GW2 gems) for in game money. You need $19.99 worth of CREDD for a month's play, and just like gems, the cost of CREDD in in-game money varies with the market. Oh, and there's a box price as well.

So not only do you have the pressure of playing enough to justify a sub, you need to play to earn gold to defray your sub cost. I'd be questioning every purchase made in game because it would effectively be paying real cash for it until I had my sub paid down for the month. Sounds like a terrible model to me.

I like the wit and style of the game, so I was saddened to find out about that.

Very interesting. When I heard the news I was giddy with excitement, as this is the best possible model IMO. A subscription that includes all content with no cash shop or chests to gamble on, zero paywalls and the full experience. AND with the option to pay even less when I am max level and ooozing with golds. Plus the developer can make even more money then traditional sub models because they can sell gold instead of Chinese 3rd parties. This is THE best model to me personally. Interesting how people in different places in life might view this on opposite extremes.

Back