Entwined Haiku

ppar3566

Ok I find this forum a little intimidating so I thought I would start a thread where everyone can get involved.

Entwined Haiku starts with a single poem consisting of three lines of 5, then 7, then 5 sounds. The next person will then take the last line and use it as the first line of their poem. So I will start:

Here I sit dogged,
I will find you again summer!
Till December come.

The next person will use the last line of my dodge poem "Till December come" as the first line in their own.

Hey cc. Thanks for playing. I stuffed up the explanation as you only need to use the last line of the previous poem as the first line of yours. Your last line should be different. Sorry for not explaining very well. Here is my follow on anyway

Till December come
I await the sea and surf.
I can just see it.

They make me feel good
I started to help others
My heart was fed more

Selfishness has roots
Threading through, binding up love
Far down to my soul

I saw her needy
Reached out with pride in my power
Now humbled by Christ

She did not need me
God’s pure love and his strong hand
Kill my pride, use me

So I reflect you
Clean the grim of my self-worth
All for your glory

Kel Queen of all Europe

*Multiple stanza Haiku. Now that is just cheating :D

All for your glory.
But I am just a little one.
I just try to hard.

They make me feel good
I started to help others
My heart was fed more

Selfishness has roots
Threading through, binding up love
Far down to my soul

I saw her needy
Reached out with pride in my power
Now humbled by Christ

She did not need me
God’s pure love and his strong hand
Kill my pride, use me

So I reflect you
Clean the grim of my self-worth
All for your glory

Kel Queen of all Europe

I did not point this out at the time but this is super work! I am jealous of your poetry skillz! How much fun would it be to have a poetry slam on voice chat some time. We must arrange it!

And you will arrive
Back where you had come from
But with more knowledge

*Woot Abba San. Very nice work.

LOL!!

Doesn't that last line have six syllables rather than five? It is still funny, though.

Last edited:
Alas, free will bites
and election seems so sure.
How can both be true?

I did not point this out at the time but this is super work! I am jealous of your poetry skillz! How much fun would it be to have a poetry slam on voice chat some time. We must arrange it!

Thank you, but trying to stay on top of my 2 young men doesn't leave me much time for team speak. I enjoyed writing on this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Kel Queen of all Europe

Thank you, but trying to stay on top of my 2 young men doesn't leave me much time for team speak. I enjoyed writing on this thread. Thank you for starting it.

Kel Queen of all Europe

:D Sorry I was more using the royal we than specifically aimed at you, though you would of course be welcome. It was just a passing idea about whether a poetry slam would work over something like team speak and would be enjoyable.

In any case I am glad you enjoyed it and I hope you can continue to contribute as I have enjoyed you offerings.

Back