Embark Beach - Live today

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Embark Reach update should be live today.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=586880&postcount=225

Wonder what will become of Spamadan?

Translated on Google Translate:

Tomorrow NCsoft and ArenaNet and Guild Wars will release an update to Multiplayer.it and knew what the exclusive content. The update introduces a new outpost called embark Beach and creates heroes Mercenaries.

•Party from 7 - The party of the player expands to seven heroes that can all be heroes Mercenaries.

•Quest daily Zaishen Vanquishes - A new area offers a daily quest that allows for incentives and awards. To find it just look for the road sign in the area embark Beach.

•Quest daily pre-searing - In the area of Ascalon (pre-searing) are new daily quests and rewards commensurate with dynamic difficulty depending on the level of the player. The quests are valid for the title Legendary Defender of Ascalon.

•New Panel for followers - The update includes a new panel designed to simplify the control of the followers.

•Status Online - Players can now change your status online when they connect directly entering the game marked as "Away", "Do Not Disturb"and of course "Online. "

•Changes in securities - Update for the title of "survivor" and "drunk".

•You will be able to purchase slots that allow you to take your other characters as heroes.

•You will be able to dedicate titles in pre-searing (LDoA, Survivor, Drunkard, etc)

Me gustaaaaaaa

Seems to be some bad info on the hero merc section...first I heard there would be an 8 pack available for 35, and secondly...I really doubt you can get heroes from "other accounts". And even though I JUST FINISHED my drunkard title and JUST SOLD about 10k drinks for a pittance, I'm very happy to see this update if it indeed becomes spammable.

Place looks similar to the area heading into RA. Can't wait for this update. :)

Last edited:
What!?!? You sold your drinks while I still have gold in my account!?!?

Sold them CHEEEEAP. Don't worry I still have lots of shards and a stack of ectos. I'll be taking your money shortly.

AAAAAANd it's out:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates/20110303

Added the skills vendor Halbrik to Ascalon City.

o_O

Edit: More here: http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/destination_embark_beach.php

Honestly at first I liked the idea of drunk spam, but this is one I've decided I really don't like. This has completely and functionally changed the title to be exactly like sweet/etc. I think this should've stayed the same but been account-wide, or clearer, etc. Or add a 1 or 3 minute hex that disallows you from drinking again. I may be biased because I had already completed, but I think this is more because I just functionally don't like it. Do we really need the same title 3 times, especially when they just made an update to allow LDoA to be easily maintained and Survivor after that? Hope that doesn't sound too whiney, but between this and the 7 heroes, starting to bug me a bit.

I think the other problem here is that drinks will now be in line with sweets/party...costing the users an extra 500-700 plat or time farming holiday quests like mad. So, in effect you aren't saving casual players any time.

Here's hoping the "big surprise for April" is an actual Hard Mode. :)

/whine

Ah well, the rest of it looks great.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah I guess my view on it is...drunkard needed a bit of rework, but it's just a "buy and spam it" title now. We already had 2 other titles for that. The other problem is...until recently, I was very poor. Playing normally without farming typically = poor. Drunkard is likely even further out of reach for a lot of players...and I didn't think we needed more titles to buy. :)

I love the Embark Beach outpost, and definitely think this outweighs the bad.

I do like the LDoA update...assuming it's still a challenge.

ZVanq quests are certainly nice and convenient, but will lower the challenge of vanquishing like has already happened to guardian.

I guess what I'm saying is not trying to be whiney, but most of these updates are a bit of a double-edged sword.

Add a harder hard mode, and I'll be happy. :)

Ok, I figured out how to better articulate what I'm unhappy about. :)

What it comes down to is this - all of these updates (aside from my issues with drunkard) are GREAT because they 1) help get people playing together (yay!) and 2) put you at less of a disadvantage (or advantage, depending on how you view PUGs) when playing solo.

This is all very wonderful.

I realize that the real issue isn't these updates at all; the issue is that they add more straw to the back of the power creep. Hard mode was never that hard; it couldn't be because it would've just been too hard! Not having cons to spam, pve skills, Panic, SoS, fast casts, etc...HM would've been too hard for most folks. There was a very large gap between playing with your heroes and playing with a great team. That's difficult to balance difficulty as a game developer because who do you balance it for? It's sort of like how we used to have no pve vs pvp versions of skills - hard to balance.

So I guess what I think is that the developers have done a great job making (most) every profession usable, getting people to play together, etc...any sort of challenge the game used to have has disappeared in the process. Power creep on skills doesn't help enemies with random builds. When we went through Slaver's the other I felt like a snow plow; it was night and day compared to the same place a year ago.

Summing it up, I believe they have done a great job changing the way things work, and I'm hoping dearly for them to add a "Norn Mode" difficulty with a new title. It could work like LMotN and you'd get points towards it for doing missions, vanquishing, etc in Insano Mode.

Last edited:
Can someone explain the value of using a mercenary? So far all I can come up with is cool factor.

The cool factor is rather large. However, if you want a specific profession like having SS Necros and the Triple Necro Machine or some Spirit Spammers or whatever. That does require having lvl 20 chars of that profession, but in Factions that takes what, like 10 minutes or something?

I've been waiting for this update for a long time, but now that it's here I am so overwhelmed as I am such a hopelessly casual GW player I don't know what builds to make with what heroes or how any of it works. I am just a sort of "stab it til it's dead" kind of person, no good at strategy and planning at all. :/

I've been waiting for this update for a long time, but now that it's here I am so overwhelmed as I am such a hopelessly casual GW player I don't know what builds to make with what heroes or how any of it works. I am just a sort of "stab it til it's dead" kind of person, no good at strategy and planning at all. :/

I'm not good with builds. I typically give my heroes the builds that worked well on my characters.

Personally, I'm waiting for someone that's way smarter than me to post a 7 hero uw clear build on GWPvX.

I'm not good with builds. I typically give my heroes the builds that worked well on my characters.

Personally, I'm waiting for someone that's way smarter than me to post a 7 hero uw clear build on GWPvX.

I think pretty much everyone is thinking along these same lines. I'm going to try this and bring:
My SoS
SoGM spirit spammer
Panic
A P/E para build I had put together (Incoming/fall back/anthem of weakness/earth wards/etc)
Probably dual Searing Flames or barragers for damage
UA Heal
UA Prot

Nothing fancy, just something balanced. I might do some modifications on the prot monk to try to super prot reapers/etc.

Last edited:
I felt like a snow plow;
I know what ya mean. Not that I'm complaining, it is kinda nice for working a Survivor. Went through Kodonur Crossroads last night, with bonus, in NM with a Survivor in 25 mins, which is excellent time for this slow bear. Other may go, "So what?", but that is very good for dragging a Survivor through.

I know what ya mean. Not that I'm complaining, it is kinda nice for working a Survivor. Went through Kodonur Crossroads last night, with bonus, in NM with a Survivor in 25 mins, which is excellent time for this slow bear. Other may go, "So what?", but that is very good for dragging a Survivor through.

I really like the change to survivor, simply because survivor was added after a lot of people made characters or went for titles. I like the LDoA change, assuming it's still as tough (or tougher) to do. I don't like the drunkard being a pure money title now.

Yeah, I understand I'm probably coming off with an "elitist" or "I did it the hard way, others should have to too!" attitude. That's not the case, or at least I don't think it is.

I think the main issue here is that for a developer, having a "proper" game difficulty is very difficult to achieve. It requires lots of work, testing, etc. (Virtually) all the maps we play on were built and balanced at an intended difficulty over 3 years ago. I think most of the changes along the way have been great, but their side effects have added up and the areas are simply not playing as designed or intended now. The southern shiverpeaks is a good example of this. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Last edited:
Back