Embark Beach - Live today

For what it's worth, Ryan, I think that you have to keep in mind that Guild Wars was always SUPPOSED to be for the lower level gamer. Part of their design philosophy from the start was that you don't have to be an elite-level gamer to really get in and have a good time and do well and accomplish.

It's kind of like when you realize that the roller coasters at Disneyland aren't really the scariest things in the world, but it's still fun to come and have a good time with the kids.

I, for one, appreciate their commitment to the low/mid-level gamer and their recognition that -- as GW gets a little long in the tooth -- it's getting harder and harder to have that great team experience you had in year one. I think that Heroes, Mercs, and Embark Beach are really creative answers to that, helping GW grow old gracefully.

Now if they would just get off their collective tuckus about GW2!

For what it's worth, Ryan, I think that you have to keep in mind that Guild Wars was always SUPPOSED to be for the lower level gamer. Part of their design philosophy from the start was that you don't have to be an elite-level gamer to really get in and have a good time and do well and accomplish.

I actually believe the point was skill>time, which actually makes the game harder than others as if you aren't doing good you can't gain a few levels and come back to it.

Back