Elite Capture Weekend

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Guild Wars Website said:
Double XP for Elite Skill Captures 9 January 2007
This coming weekend, you will receive twice the normal number of Experience Points for every Elite Skill that you capture in Tyria, Cantha, and Elona. So join us this weekend—with existing characters or perhaps with a new one—and double up on the XP! The event starts at Noon PST on Friday, January 12 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, January 14.

I was wondering when this one was coming around again. Looks like it's time to consider capturing a few skills again. If you have one that you are eager to obtain, post it and we'll try to set up some groups to capture skills this weekend.

Here are some links to Guildwiki pages that show all the elite skills, the boss that has them and their location for each profession:
Assassin
Dervish
Elementalist
Mesmer
Monk
Necromancer
Paragon
Ranger
Ritualist
Warrior

Last edited:
I have a sudden urge to log on to guild wars.

*looks at my amount of captured skills on Mad Dog Matt*
*it says 3*

>_> <_<

errrr... maybe I should do this skill cap weekend...

Elite skills are like any other skills cept that you can only have one on your skill bar and elite skills tend to be a lot better than regular skills. To get an elite skill first have to buy a signet of capture at the skill vendor. Then you equip the signet of capture to your skill bar. After that you have to go kill a boss with that particular elite skill and then use the signet of capture.

All bosses have a certain color glow around them that helps identify what character class that they are. You can only capture an elite skill if it is of you primary or secoundary profession.

As for skills I know i want to get my Ele searing flames and will probably be capping other elite ele skills for him too.
I have been wanting to capture Restore Condition for my monk so i might do that as well.

To get an elite skill first have to buy a signet of capture at the skill vendor. Then you equip the signet of capture to your skill bar. After that you have to go kill a boss with that particular elite skill and then use the signet of capture.

Each campaign has a set of quests to introduce you to the signet of capture. You should get your first 2 per character for free unless you buy one first.

The quests are:
Malaquire's Test - from Magi Malaquire in Lion's Arch
Minister's Test - from Minister Jaisan in Kaineng Center
Capturing the Signet of Capture - from Elder Jonah in Marga Coast

Also of note, there is a title track for how many elite skills you have obtained on your character. The first level (Skill Hunter) is obtained after capturing 90 elites skills. Note that there are not less than 45 skills per profession so you will need to change secondaries to obtain the first level of this title.

I was wondering when this one was coming around again. Looks like it's time to consider capturing a few skills again. If you have one that you are eager to obtain, post it and we'll try to set up some groups to capture skills this weekend.

How do you trade skills with other players? :confused:

If your taking orders... :D

Avatar of Melandru and/or Avatar of Dwayna please. *bats eyelashes*

Thank you! :)

WOOT! i need some elites for my characters. isnt Outreach night supposed to be on Saterdays.. or was that sunday? mabye we could have some planned guild thing to go capture a few main skills for people, or we could just free-for-all it

How do you trade skills with other players? :confused:

You dont.. skills can ONLY be obtained from either
A) buying them from skill traders
B) Signet of Capture (for elite and non-elite skills)
C) Trading in Balthazar Factions for PvP characters or heros
D) Getting them as a reward from quests
E) if you have a secondary (i think primary too IDK) and you buy it with as a hero skill in Nightfall

other then that there is no other way to get skills

You dont.. skills can ONLY be obtained from either
A) buying them from skill traders
B) Signet of Capture (for elite and non-elite skills)
C) Trading in Balthazar Factions for PvP characters or heros
D) Getting them as a reward from quests
E) if you have a secondary (i think primary too IDK) and you buy it with as a hero skill in Nightfall

other then that there is no other way to get skills

Ahhhh... that explains it.

Please cancel my previous order. :eek: :)

Avatar of Melandru and/or Avatar of Dwayna :)

Avatar of Melandru is found in Marga Coast http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Marga_Coast and Avatar of Dwayna is found in The Dejarin Estate http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Dejarin_Estate both are avalible right after making it to the mainland. I would be happy to go out capping with you this weekend. Just post when you think you'll be on. I'll try to get my W/D off the newbie island by then. She needs them too.:)

Kel Queen of all Europe

Guildwiki has great pages with a list of locations for all elite skills for each profession. I'll add them to the 1st post just to make it easier to find for reference.

i think im gonna run for:

the main ones are jagged bones, searing flames, and charge. i'll need help for SF cuz im new to nightfall area and have only done like 5mish?

Whenever you go pm me if im in game or on xfire I will gladly go with you for any of those ele skills.

Whenever you go pm me if im in game or on xfire I will gladly go with you for any of those ele skills.

jagged is a necro so u have to have the 2ndary prof. its mostly for my henchies and my own use if i MM for people

i could use Elemental Atunement for my ele...and then Hundred Blades for my Warrior...anyone got 2k? o_o;

Back