Dungeons

Prophet Elhanan

So my wife and I have never done a dungeon before but we'd like to get our monthly rewards so anyone want to do the easiest dungeon 5 times sometime this week?

We put the kids to bed at 9:00 eastern and are usually on until 12:00 just about every night and can be every night if need be.

The highest level she has is 58 Ele and I have a lvl 80 Warrior and lvl 68 Ele.

I think HotW path 1 is the easiest and fastest, in my opinion. Every time I've done a HotW PUG we always just blasted through it. I don't know the level requirement but since it is in a higher level area, probably too high. Can't remember which path has underwater fighting.

I'd suggest AC then, pretty easy. Some (maybe it was just one of them? I dunno) of the CM paths are just brutal.

Hope you can get a group together for it!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't done a dungeon yet. My mom leaves this coming weekend, so I'd love to try a 5 dungeon night sometime next week. I have a level 50 Ele I'd like to do AC runs with, because that's where I can get some of the runes I want for my final gear, but I'm not sure about taking a d/d ele into dungeons, and I haven't had the chance to play staff enough to know the skills yet. I'll probably be closer to 60 by next week.

I also have an 80 Mesmer. Are dungeon tokens soulbound? Or could I earn them on the Mesmer for the Ele?

This coming Sunday might work. I'm usually on about 8pm Eastern until midnight or so.

Last edited:
Scratch that. My wife vetoed Sunday. :D

Any weekday could work. Or maybe I'll just have to do next weekend and shoot for March's monthly....

I have 4 to go, with maybe with maybe 7 days to do it in. The problem lies in the fact that I do dailies first, and by the time I am done the dungeon groups are already cooking. Another factor is that I am trying to do the dungeons in story line order. The last completed was Caudecus Manor, so Twilight Arbor story line is next.

I'd be more than happy to go with any of you, hit me up in game! I'm on pretty much every night with my wife @ 9pm central. Love me some dungeons, and having a guardian along tends to make them a bit more forgiving. :)

The level 58 will limit you to AC, CM, and TA. As mentioned above, all CM exp paths are brutal, so I'd recommend the other two dungeons. Almost every path there is close in duration, so you should expect ~25-40 minutes per explorable path if you have someone along that knows (and explains) what to do.

Awesome.

Ursen would you be willing to roll the dungeons in explorable mode after story mode? If so I think we got our group.

Ursen
RyanB
Sublime
Valora
Prophet

Starting where? I have Twilight Arbour done. When? Starting what time?

I'm thinking the sooner the better considering how close we are to the end of the month and TA sounds good to me.

Maybe Friday night at 9:00 Eastern (8:00 Central).

What times does everyone have available?

8:00 Central works for Angie and me too.

Ursen are you still up for doing the runs if it's Explorable Mode?

AND

What path do you all prefer to take?
I see a lot of people lfg with Forward/Forward. I also read a few blogs with mixed feelings about it. Some say its the easiest and some say it's the hardest. The videos don't look do difficult but that's not always the case.

TA F/F Path
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOaqj5YYfDc

Also, what professions will everyone be using? Angie and I both have Ele, but I could use my warrior if need be. I'd prefer the Ele, but I'm open.

Last edited:
Big day Saturday so have to quit by 10 EST tonight, so need to get started early i doing a dungeon.

Each path is virtually identical in terms of length and difficulty. One path may have more of one thing of another, but all in all you can expect:

• Volatile blossoms. Lots of them. They are your enemy. They dump poison and can ruin your day if they respawn on you in the middle of a tough fight. So, positioning is important. They're easy to clean up if you move slowly or have a guardian with their ridiculously awesome staff abilities.
  • Volatile blossoms are your friend if you are down. 1 or 2 hits from the downed position will kill them and allow you to rally.
  • Worm fight is difficult for most people their first few times through. Lots of blossoms, worms fire lots of ground target aoe, blossoms will respawn at the worst time when you're running away from red circles, etc.
  • Overall lots of damage - knights, blossoms, worms, other nightmare enemies hit hard.
  • Knights hit REALLY hard. There are a few more on F/F, which is why many people say it is hard. They go down fast, though.
  • Lots of knockdown - knights, hounds, umber husks, etc. These are the types of enemies that can KD you and kill you before you stand.
  • Spiders immobilize and are generally a pain. Again, can kill you before you move.

A new group can easily get caught in a bad spot if they don't know what to look for, but it really isn't that bad. Wiping isn't horrible, just makes for a longer run and sometimes needing to figure out how to come at something.

All of that said...I've done each path at least 10 times and nothing in the above list are things you'd need to worry about memorizing before heading in there. I'll let you know ahead of time what to expect in any given area. :)

Awesome! Thanks so much! I was getting a little worried about the monthly. :)

I will be online as early as possible tonight.

Thanks everyone for showing up to the TA run last night!
I know everyone is looking forward to Ascalonian Catacombs (AC) this weekend too.

Special thanks to Ryan for showing us the ropes and putting up with all of us 1st timers. :)

It was a lot of fun and a good intro to dungeons.

Yeah, that was a lot of fun... I'm glad I found you guys. I'm really looking forward to getting through these dungeons at least once... Plus with the run last night and a group this morning, I got my monthly goal finished! I'm pretty excited about that. It was really cool to be able to go in with you guys on TS, that was my first time in a while getting to play some solid content with the guild.

We did Sorrows Embrace last night and the group was pretty good. Smushed well and occasionally got smushed. Which reminds me, I still haven't repaired my armour. Thanks Shamgar for leading us through.

Back