Does it matter about converters?

Caleb

Does it matter if whatever Christians that convert other
people to Christianity whether the Converters go to
a heretical church or not or hear heretical doctrine or
not?

According to wikipedia it is opposing to the roman catholic church or something. I think that category is too wide to state simply and requires a more specific breakdown in order to make conclusions.

According to wikipedia it is opposing to the roman catholic church or something. I think that category is too wide to state simply and requires a more specific breakdown in order to make conclusions.
That would make sense I guess, especially with the pope's new policy of non-Catholics not being Christians or whatever he seems to think he has the final say on.

i honestly dont like the new pope very well compared to pope john paul. he was more of a people figure/icon to the world or ambassoder and did a relativly good job at it too and went out and was present with people. this guy isnt expected to travel.... like ever.

on topic, i really dont know u raise a good point but im not qualified or knowledgeable on that subject line.

i honestly dont like the new pope very well compared to pope john paul. he was more of a people figure/icon to the world or ambassoder and did a relativly good job at it too and went out and was present with people. this guy isnt expected to travel.... like ever.

My sentiments exactly. I loved Pope John Paul. He was more of a figure head. He was a great guy, a loving guy. Yet all i hear of this new pope is how he talks down on people and all i've hard him talk down is telling people they are wrong, not telling why or even how to fix it. He just tells them they are wrong... and they must respect his authority... because... he is the pope...

Well, you didn't hear this from me, but I've never really liked the idea of the Pope. Why is one man capable of telling us what we should believe? The teachings of the Pope are like the teachings of, say, Tim LaHaye (yes, I'm saying this because I'm reading Babylon Rising and aside from cheesy dialogue it's all right, but I've noted some stuff I disagree with).

That is kind of a creepy picture, though. Tim LaHaye: author, theologian--Pope.

BUT! This isn't really on topic, so I'll wait for Caleb to specify what he means by "heretical"

My sentiments exactly. I loved Pope John Paul. He was more of a figure head. He was a great guy, a loving guy. Yet all i hear of this new pope is how he talks down on people and all i've hard him talk down is telling people they are wrong, not telling why or even how to fix it. He just tells them they are wrong... and they must respect his authority... because... he is the pope...
u mean "Ze freakin Pope!"

and actually he doesnt tell us what to do, he leads the Vatican in upper decisions for the catholic community of which rules do not apply unless ur catholic

I speak of him as a figure head... you've gotta understand though. Despite i am not Catholic, non-believers see the Pope as a figure head of my own faith... thus, that is why i speak up against this pope because he doesn't represent me at ALL... while the previous pope AT THE VERY LEAST was kind, and didn't condemn everyone he saw.

I speak of him as a figure head... you've gotta understand though. Despite i am not Catholic, non-believers see the Pope as a figure head of my own faith... thus, that is why i speak up against this pope because he doesn't represent me at ALL... while the previous pope AT THE VERY LEAST was kind, and didn't condemn everyone he saw.

Well, yeah that's the thing I have against figureheads. I also hold that against people like Pat Robertson.

Well, yeah that's the thing I have against figureheads. I also hold that against people like Pat Robertson.

so u dont like pres. bush or bill clinton (if u were alive back then) because they were the figure heads of america?

so u dont like pres. bush or bill clinton (if u were alive back then) because they were the figure heads of america?

Well [for the most part] I like Bush, but Clinton I sort of loathe.

I don't like the negative impressions figureheads can have, I guess. They're representing us.

so ur saying u have a bad impression of your current pastor, ur parents, your guild master and everyone else?

We all hate tek deep down inside. We just try not to show it [/sarcasm]

I would guess most of the negativity concerning them is that 1 person can screw up the entire opinion of a group of people.

Teaching anything that contradicts the Bible.

never ever ever. thats like a catholic converting someone to christian scientology, it is not the truth and Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life" so no, giving them false info to come to christianity doesnt work

....you need to read things for yourself....from Catholic sources....and not people that think they know what's going on. Unfortunately there are a lot of lies and myths about the church that are passed on through protestant circles.

i'd like to see your sources for some of the paganism claims.

Growing up, I had several friends that were Catholic. The basics of what TJ said is pretty much what they've said to me as well.

When I asked honest questions about their faith (before I became a Christian), they couldn't explain to me why the Bible says that we have direct communication with God because of Jesus, yet Catholics need confession and the priest to go to God on my behalf?

One friend even said "I don't understand it, but that's what they tell us. You have to just ignore the ritualistic parts and know deep down that it's because God loves us that we are forgiven our sins."

Whether Catholicism is the religion of the beast? I don't know, nor do I pretend to. God will judge us all in the end. Only He knows what is in our hearts. Only He has the absolute power to make the decision. But I think that the Bible is pretty clear that we have to worship Him, and no other gods, worship no idols, and so forth... to be redeemed.

But back to the original question - you should *NEVER* lie or mislead someone to convert them to Christ. Christ came to attest to the truth (Reference John18:37). I think we do Him a disservice by "winning people" with lies.

Catholics don't exactly help the problem. Ever ask your friends if they even bothered to ask? Just as lots of church goers......people like coming in...sitting down....and leaving. Never asking questions, never taking the time to find out what it is they believe. For lack of a better term, "They like the way the name sounds". And I know too many that are "Catholic"....but ARE NOT "Catholic".

I can assure you, having had spent most of my life Catholic...
The core beliefs are mostly the same. And the 'rituals' more resemble Jewish customs, than pagan.

But again. Go read. Go find the information out for yourself. I can say that growing up I didn't know much about it. You just 'did it" cause well....you did. As I got older I set out to find what it was I was following. While I don't agree with somethings (why I'm not Catholic today), I fail to see this horrid cultist demon beast that many have painted it. To be quite honest, more people should be worried about OTHER groups that claim Christianity and actually go out actively to recruit people....

Back