Diablo 3 Chapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but in that context you would need a chapter in order to have a guild?
Yes, but the chapter heading over our MMO guilds is usually just a way to keep things organized.

For example: ToJ's WoW chapter currently only has one guild (Redeemed), so Redeemed effectively is the ToJ WoW chapter.

In the case of the SWTOR chapter, there are two guilds--and thus two guild leaders--but no chapter leader since there has not yet been a need for a SWTOR chapter leader.

...But I wonder if I just made things more confusing. I hope not.

Maybe I can find a freeware alternative to Visio and draw up an organizational chart to make more sense of it all. :p

No I think I understand haha. In any which way I'm down for a d3 guild. So if anyone else wants to work something out. We need to get something put together.

IF you are in the public beta event right now and having Lag, turn off per to per downloads on your patcher.

Funny thing that brought me to your site and looking for D3 info.
Back in 1996 while playing the original Diablo I came accross some games labeled CG as well as someone inviting players to a CG chat room. It turned out these were Christian gamers getting together to play. I was excited and joined them when ever I could find them. TOJ was mentioned quite a few times in our conversations and it put me on a path that has brought me to being a Leader for Iron Sharpens Iron and Christian gaming group for BF2 and many games since then.
I understand your concerns vs. the occult theme and can only hope that playing this game I can be a "Light" in the darkness.

God Bless you guys - hope to see you in game!
Charles

[ISI]Nutt;452380 said:
Funny thing that brought me to your site and looking for D3 info.
God Bless you guys - hope to see you in game!
Charles
Hi Charles. Welcome to the CGA and ToJ forums!

2vdqr02.gif

Hoo boy. I knew this would come up sooner or later. I'm surprised it didn't come up sooner.

In the past, ToJ members have expressed interest in a Diablo chapter. I ultimately decided not to approve the creation of a ToJ Diablo chapter because of Diablo II's content. I felt strongly convicted that establishing a chapter within a Christian gaming group for a game that focuses so heavily on occult or occult-related content was not the right thing to do. I still feel the same way today.

That being said, I am not saying that it is wrong for Christians to play any game in the Diablo franchise. I offer no opinion on the subject.

Secondly, I am not opposed to ToJ members coordinating multiplayer games of Diablo III. In fact, I approved the creation of a Diablo II Network thread on the CGA General Discussion Forum back in early 2008. The thread was a sticky on CGA General for several months. I would have no issue with a similar thread for Diablo 3 on the ToJ General or, if you wanted to include Christian gamers outside of ToJ, CGA General.

I know the decision to not allow a ToJ Diablo Chapter probably won't be a popular one, but I have to stand by my conviction on this point. I hope you all understand.

any chance of getting that D3 forum created in the TOJ area? Is it possible to have more then just a simple sticky in toj without making it a chapter?

I completely agree and respect teks decision here. I am playing D3 and loving it. I see the game as a straightforward good vs evil for me. I am playing a monk who is a holy warrior driving demons and the occult back. Where it belongs. Also the coop in D3 is so seemless there really doesn't seem to be much need for a guild. Maybe just a sticky thread with everyone who wants to putting their battle net id's for people to add them in game...

Maybe once pvp drops and there is a need for more organization we can look into a chapter and request to be a part of cga...

Anyway just my thoughts

any chance of getting that D3 forum created in the TOJ area? Is it possible to have more then just a simple sticky in toj without making it a chapter?
I've instead created a centralized Diablo III discussion thread here and a Diablo Battle.net BattleTag list here.

I completely agree and respect teks decision here.
Thanks!

Since the question initially posed in this thread has been answered, I'm going to close the thread and point everyone here for Diablo III discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back