Diablo 3 Chapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedView

Are we gonna setup a D3 chapter and guild? Definitely interested in that as the diablo series is probably my favorite video game series.

Hi RedView,

I think there will definitely be enough interest in the game. Do you know of anyone who may be interested in setting up a chapter? Tek would have the final say-so, but it's not a bad idea to line up some candidates :)

Not really sure, hopefully this thread gets enough attention :).

I also hope that diablo3 will be my main game instead of LoL once it is finally released. LoL will be put into far 2nd place :D.

I would be interested in a D3 chapter. Look how popular D2 was and for so long....add in the RMT ability for players to farm items and make RL cash, I just feel like D3 will have some solid interest for awhile.

Hoo boy. I knew this would come up sooner or later. I'm surprised it didn't come up sooner.

In the past, ToJ members have expressed interest in a Diablo chapter. I ultimately decided not to approve the creation of a ToJ Diablo chapter because of Diablo II's content. I felt strongly convicted that establishing a chapter within a Christian gaming group for a game that focuses so heavily on occult or occult-related content was not the right thing to do. I still feel the same way today.

That being said, I am not saying that it is wrong for Christians to play any game in the Diablo franchise. I offer no opinion on the subject.

Secondly, I am not opposed to ToJ members coordinating multiplayer games of Diablo III. In fact, I approved the creation of a Diablo II Network thread on the CGA General Discussion Forum back in early 2008. The thread was a sticky on CGA General for several months. I would have no issue with a similar thread for Diablo 3 on the ToJ General or, if you wanted to include Christian gamers outside of ToJ, CGA General.

I know the decision to not allow a ToJ Diablo Chapter probably won't be a popular one, but I have to stand by my conviction on this point. I hope you all understand.

Tek just a couple things if you can clear up for me... While I can understand this conviction, what I don't understand is how D3 and it's focus is any different than the content in WoW or Star Wars or any other Sci-fi fanasy based game for that matter? Each and everyone has heavey cult/magic use.

I understand that the whole Storyline is about the rise of evil, but the basis of the game is to destroy that evil or subue it. So in essence it can be seen as more good than many other games out there.

I am not trying to change your mind, but just talk this though. I fully accept you choice, but would like clerification is all.

Chris

Tek just a couple things if you can clear up for me... While I can understand this conviction, what I don't understand is how D3 and it's focus is any different than the content in WoW or Star Wars or any other Sci-fi fanasy based game for that matter? Each and everyone has heavey cult/magic use.

I understand that the whole Storyline is about the rise of evil, but the basis of the game is to destroy that evil or subue it. So in essence it can be seen as more good than many other games out there.

I am not trying to change your mind, but just talk this though. I fully accept you choice, but would like clerification is all.

Chris

Well put. I have been trying to find a way to write this, but you wrote it perfect of how i had it in my head.

This is just an explanation of my personal take on playing Diablo:
My avatar is the one who champions against the darkness.

The key difference is that the characters, events, plot, and setting revolve around the occult and demonic activity in Diablo 3; in WoW, it's a small part of a much larger game.

I wasn't aware there was any occult content or references to demons or demonic activity in Star Wars.

Furthermore, I have to consider how it would look to non-Christians for a Christian gaming group to create a chapter for a game so heavily focused on the occult.

I understand that not everyone will agree with my decision to not allow a ToJ Diablo chapter. I'm not asking for ToJ members to agree with or understand my decision, only that they respect it (which, if memory serves, has never been an issue).

And you raise fair questions. I've thought long and hard and, more importantly, prayed on the subject in the past, both recently and several years ago, and ultimately had to decide based on my convictions.

Now don't misunderstand: I'm in the Diablo 3 beta and I've played the game. It's very polished, as you would expect of a Blizzard game. (Unfortunately, until Blizzard adds gamepad controls, I'll be skipping the game as the control scheme is a legitimate threat to my wrists.) I'm not condemning anyone who plays the game, but I can not, in good conscience, approve a ToJ Diablo chapter.

Can we make a CGA D3 guild?
The CGA itself does not have any guilds. The CGA is comprised of multiple Christian gaming groups and web sites, but does not manage, lead, or wield authority over any of those groups or sites.

If someone were to create a Christian Diablo 3 guild and contact me regarding the possibility of that guild joining the CGA, that would be a separate matter.

And again, if someone wants to create a Diablo 3 "network" list in CGA General Discussion like the D2 network thread linked in my previous post, I would have no objection to that.

Might be a dumb question but.... what's the difference in a guild vs a chapter?

Is it the fact that a guild isn't directly associated with or founded by toj?

But if that guild was able to join then it would be associated?

I was so excited to see torchlight 2, then they delayed it til after diablo 3?

IMO not a smart move... Going up against one of the greatest action / adventure / rpg / hack n slash game series of all time.

So now i highly doubt ill even touch torchlight 2.

Yeah launching before D3 it would have been an instant buy for me. Launching after D3 makes it a wait till Black Friday/Xmas sale and then consider it buy.

Horrible move to not get it out sooner. I am sure it will cost them millions.

Might be a dumb question but.... what's the difference in a guild vs a chapter?
In the context of ToJ: We have one chapter per game, but can have multiple guilds per chapter. For example: We have two SWTOR guilds, Called to the Light and Called from Darkness, in the ToJ SWTOR chapter.

Does that make sense?

In the context of ToJ: We have one chapter per game, but can have multiple guilds per chapter. For example: We have two SWTOR guilds, Called to the Light and Called from Darkness, in the ToJ SWTOR chapter.

Does that make sense?

Yeah but in that context you would need a chapter in order to have a guild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back