@Derek

Asheriah

I need to meet with you to go over some issues and possibilities for the
Late night raid group.

I will be home from work around 4pm server time, so between then and raid
time would be great.

sorry , i meant to post this in Raid admin forum

Last edited:
Sooo question....Ash are you officially leading late night raids now? What happened to Baldey? You just filling in for him while he's gone? I just know he was trying to learn how to be a leader and mess with the epgp and stuff like that. If you have taken over, I would be sure to let the other raid leads know and get with them for questions about forming groups and actual leading.

In the recent past Baldee asked me to help lead when he couldnt, and since he has been gone for a couple weeks, thats what i have done.

Asheriah and I talked a bit about this last night. While the late night group needs a raid leader other than Baldee to continue, right now it can only continue with another officer in the raid in order to preserve loot function. If Asheriah, or anyone else for that matter, is to become a raid leader, they need to talk with the guild leaders and other officers/raid leaders and start the process of becoming one.

(This applies to everyone)
Just because you might have the people to go to ICC doesn't mean you can throw a guild group together and run. #1 rule is communication. Always try to get permission from a raid leader/officer when this situation arises. The only time I would personally ok this would be last minute, monday night raid just to get loot/emblems before the reset. Communication is key...never assume it's ok until the appropriate person has told you it is.

To be clear, no one can officially lead or start a guild ICC run unless accompanied by an officer or raid leader.

Last edited:
Yes , if a RL or officer come's to the raid, I can lead it. its just that i cant get the raid together and started without one of you present. I am really trying to make this work for
everyone in that raid, and especially Baldee. I am happy to serve him as best i can.

Yes , if a RL or officer come's to the raid, I can lead it. its just that i cant get the raid together and started without one of you present. I am really trying to make this work for
everyone in that raid, and especially Baldee. I am happy to serve him as best i can.

Your doing an awesome job of it too bro :)

i'm back and will do the epgp and communication stuff for ash while he does the strats and handles the wl add most times. i spoke with shagz about this and as long as we have me or a R/L to do the epgp to ensure that we are following proper protocol, i think we will be fine. the group is progressing and getting much stronger as we work on learning the fights and help each other gear. up. i hope that there are some future vets in our group and given time, other leaders will surface as well.
all and all, the guild will be stronger and more peeps have a chance to enjoy end-game content, which was my hope for the late group....

Reading this makes me think. I am thinking this is primarily a Christian fellowship guild that does some raiding. I don't want to see the Christian fellowship fall second place to anything including raiding. It could be that which holds me back from pursuing vet status - my focus is the Christian fellowship. Should a rule over raiding ever get in the way of the fellowship, we may have crossed a line which that forgoes the primary purpose. We need to go back and check our "charter." Let all be done to the glory of God!

Reading this makes me think. I am thinking this is primarily a Christian fellowship guild that does some raiding. I don't want to see the Christian fellowship fall second place to anything including raiding. It could be that which holds me back from pursuing vet status - my focus is the Christian fellowship. Should a rule over raiding ever get in the way of the fellowship, we may have crossed a line which that forgoes the primary purpose. We need to go back and check our "charter." Let all be done to the glory of God!

If I may, I've ran into this idea several times through my tenure of being an officer and Raid Leader in Redeemed. The thing is this, Angry's job is not to focus on Christian fellowship (although it is important and it is kept in mind when writing rules and guidelines for raiding), but it is to make end game raiding accessible to as many as possible, while keeping the elite of the guild progressing and happy. It is one of the most difficult jobs there is, trust me. What Angry is doing is saying that you can not run 10-man ICC (but you can run Naxx, OS, Ulduman, Ony, ect. ) There are a vast number of other things, raids, events, pvp, ect. that could be ran together by anyone in the guild as Christian fellowship with no restriction.

Why restrict? Great question. When we are left to free for all any instance, a few things would most likely happen:
1) Not allot of progression will happen - This is because everyone is trying to run an event or raid and no organization. We'd have people saved to all kinds of different raids.
2) People will leave - I know we like Christian fellowship, but really why do you play WoW (or games in general)? to have fun and win... when there is no chance of winning people leave. Sure not everyone, but they will. Though if we stay a bit organized and progress (sure maybe slower than other guild) as a group of Christian brothers and sister and that is awesome.
3) it would be completely unfair for new people - Example: To be completely honest, angry has what 5 alts? all able to raid and do well... so with not structure of raiding he would be able to take loot over other new people that could use it.

So with all that said it is important to have structure for good reason. The issues is the imbalance of Raiding and the spiritual side of the guild. No offence to the Spiritual leaders, it the way it always been. Redeemed has always needed a strong spiritual leader to push more Bible studies, fellowship events, lifting people up, ect.

In Him in all things,

Wow! Thanks for that detailed explanation, Mordos. It really does help me in understanding. I am a rather slow thinker and not as quick as I used to be by a long shot. I did not mean for my post to set off anything and if anyone is offended, please forgive me. It is not meant to be offensive.

I do understand those guidelines and am proud of our leaders and raid leaders. I think they are some of the best around in knowledge. Where I like to explore and learn first hand, they will study what others have done to be successful. I'd rather spend that time goofing off - and don't care to do as much study. After all, it is a GAME and not a means of living for me. I do realize there are some who have been able to turn their gaming into RL profitability.

Yet the thing I treasure most about this guild is the Christian fellowship - more than the raiding, the pvp, the leveling, the accomplishments or anything in the game. And I need that fellowship since I cannot get out as much as I wish I could. Who would have thought I would find such friendships with people who genuinely care about my RL and vice versa?!

Thanks again, Mordos. You have a great explanation that I needed.

Glad I could help, it is common misunderstanding and not a new one by far, sometimes we need to be reminded is all. Anything I can do to help, I am willing...

God Bless,

If I may, I've ran into this idea several times through my tenure of being an officer and Raid Leader in Redeemed. The thing is this, Angry's job is not to focus on Christian fellowship (although it is important and it is kept in mind when writing rules and guidelines for raiding), but it is to make end game raiding accessible to as many as possible, while keeping the elite of the guild progressing and happy. It is one of the most difficult jobs there is, trust me. What Angry is doing is saying that you can not run 10-man ICC (but you can run Naxx, OS, Ulduman, Ony, ect. ) There are a vast number of other things, raids, events, pvp, ect. that could be ran together by anyone in the guild as Christian fellowship with no restriction.

Why restrict? Great question. When we are left to free for all any instance, a few things would most likely happen:
1) Not allot of progression will happen - This is because everyone is trying to run an event or raid and no organization. We'd have people saved to all kinds of different raids.
2) People will leave - I know we like Christian fellowship, but really why do you play WoW (or games in general)? to have fun and win... when there is no chance of winning people leave. Sure not everyone, but they will. Though if we stay a bit organized and progress (sure maybe slower than other guild) as a group of Christian brothers and sister and that is awesome.
3) it would be completely unfair for new people - Example: To be completely honest, angry has what 5 alts? all able to raid and do well... so with not structure of raiding he would be able to take loot over other new people that could use it.

So with all that said it is important to have structure for good reason. The issues is the imbalance of Raiding and the spiritual side of the guild. No offence to the Spiritual leaders, it the way it always been. Redeemed has always needed a strong spiritual leader to push more Bible studies, fellowship events, lifting people up, ect.

In Him in all things,

what he said :p good explanations Dos, remember a lot of fellowship goes on during raids also. I never want to have the mentality that raiding is a bad thing, it is a good thing as long as it is balanced out with activities for those who do not wish to raid. that possibly needs strengthened but don't wait around for officers to do it all, step up if you have ideas. Thanks Sambeau for stepping up to do more non-raid activities for folks, like GNOME chomp chomps, I mean Gnome roams. And I've seen more pvp groups stepping up, for instance I usualy dislike pvp but its part of the game, people enjoy it and they group and fellowship doing it, so I won't say that either is a bad thing cause its not "my thing." I have found that pvp though can be fun when done in premades with my guildies.

Last edited:
Back