Custom Maps

Kaiine

I personally like a change from the norm (Italy, Dust, Dust2, Aztec), what about you guys? Does anyone know of a custom maps server? I'd like to play some different maps, but I think the majority don't want them on our CS server so I've resorted to looking for alternatives.

I know we can't afford to pay for another server, but does someone have a really good connection and an extra box laying around?

Let me know, I'd like to play some old and custom maps!

Thx

Elite,

My old clan, {US}East, has several different types of servers to choose from.  They really are a great bunch of guys and highly recommend their servers.  I cant say that there will be people on them at the time you want to play, but maybe you could be the one to jumpstart the server.  You can find all of the server IP's and map cycles at Clan {US}East CS servers. Just scroll down a bit to see the Counter-Strike servers. Or you might want to check out all of their gaming servers. Either way, have fun.

I personally like the rotation except for the cs maps...they kinda get on my nerves. I say go all cal maps Alan. Add like: de_clan1_mill and de_cpl_fire and such. That would make it ub3r fun those maps are huge and very fun to play.

let's not forget that there's a number of maps that are available in default installs of cs that are not in our rotation

(like piranesi, chateau, estate, havana, oilrig...)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kidan @ Jan. 15 2004,5:12)]let's not forget that there's a number of maps that are available in default installs of cs that are not in our rotation

(like piranesi, chateau, estate, havana, oilrig...)
dont forget storm and survivor. I love survivor. I actually agree with what Dead_Aim said. go cal maps and all standard maps. People can always vote out the ones they don't like. I would like to see a plugin that at the end of round it pops of 3-5 maps and people pick what the next map will be.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ Jan. 15 2004,10:18)]dont forget storm and survivor.  I love survivor.  I actually agree with what Dead_Aim said.  go cal maps and all standard maps.  People can always vote out the ones they don't like.  I would like to see a plugin that at the end of round it pops of 3-5 maps and people pick what the next map will be.

Cory
Right on, I love survivor too. And i'm fine with goin cal maps and things like that. I think im the only one who actually plays de_storm
wow.gif

Flash is right about getting a mapvote pluggin... sometimes we go to maps that aren't very cplish like backalley. No offense elite!

well the problem with those votes are if you have dust/dust2/italy/aztec as choice then that is what will always be up basicly.

True, but we're actually lookin to enhance that so we can play other maps.

I also miss a lot of 1.5 days' custom maps...
cs_assault_upc
de_dawn
sniper

smile.gif

As one who plays Counter-Strike only infrequently and rarely elsewhere other than our server, I admit that my knowledge of custom CS maps is limited BUT I must throw in another recommendation for removing cs_assault (if it is currently in rotation) and replacing it with cs_assault_upc

I'm not sure if Elihu checks this forum frequently, so I'll speak for him and put in another vote for cs_assault_upc He loves that map.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Jan. 19 2004,11:28)]True, but we're actually lookin to enhance that so we can play other maps.

I also miss a lot of 1.5 days' custom maps...
cs_assault_upc
de_dawn
sniper

smile.gif
SNIPER AHHHH BRING IT BACK BOYS BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

I was actually trying to get myles to do a votemap for sniper just to see if it was still on the server.

some kinda map vote plug-in sounds good, and I do agree with the problem people jsut picking dust, dust2 and aztec...i'm sure we have talent lying around...can't we come up with a way in which if a map has been played it does not show up for the next 3-4 map change votes...

and finally the custom map i like is scoutknives (perferably with low grav)

.seek.

ps: where has merc disappeared?

back in the day at max capacity the server only needed 4 people to use rockthevote to vote for a map for it to change. I miss sniper and upc... but i play upc on BWP sometimes. But instead of iceworld we should have snow like elite put on on fun night. I like that map better.

Back