COVID-19 community check-in and discussion

Tek7, checking in!

Still alive. Still healthy. Family still healthy.

More or less settled in to the new normal. Our state will start easing restrictions next week and @Ember is scheduled to return to work then. We have mixed feelings about her returning to work because we've enjoyed having more time together with each other and our kids these last few weeks, but we know this is not sustainable long-term. Please pray for peace that passes understanding as we prepare for her to return to work and for wisdom to navigate these changes while doing our best to stay healthy.

Going to copy/paste from the Week in Review thread since this week's report includes COVID-19 testing:

Oy, what a week. It started out normally, but I started feeling extremely tired (as in, it was painful to be conscious) and sore Monday afternoon and woke up with a fever Tuesday morning. I called my supervisor, who instructed me to call the relevant department at work, who told me to go get tested for COVID-19 and only return if and after I got a negative test result and was fever-free without fever reducers for 72 hours.

I got tested the same morning (in a parking garage, of all places) and oh my word nasal swabs are unpleasant. I went home on Tuesday, ate lunch, fell asleep sitting up on the couch, woke up long enough to go to bed, slept on and off for three hours, and woke up with a fever of 103. After recording my temperature, I took acetaminophen, felt better until the medicine wore off that evening, and went to bed before 11. Fortunately, I woke up the next morning feeling significantly better.

Even better news: I woke up nearly symptom-free (still had a headache) Thursday morning and my test results came back negative the same day. I was still feeling tired and my head was a little foggy, but I relaxed, played some games (mostly Steamworld Dig 2 and Persona 5), and continued recovering.

Now I'm back to 100% and on track to go back to work on Monday, provided my employer gives me the all-clear.

And among the best news of all: The 4 days I was off work this week won't come out of my PTO (paid time off). Huzzah!

As for the rest of the family, @Ember returned to work this week. She's currently working at about 80% of her usual schedule and her work, like almost every business, has made significant changes to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

The kids are healthy and still doing extracurriculars remotely (mostly videos shared on Google Drive and some Zoom classes) and my older daughter's remote schooling continues.

We're all healthy and grateful that I don't have the 'rona!

Still healthy. Still symptom-free. Still wearing a mask at work and decontaminating every day after work. @Ember and I are striving to be cautious but also set a course that's sustainable for the long term. Some days are better than others. :)

Still good here..:)
Same here.

We're still opting not to return to in-person church services just yet. We've chosen not to eat inside a restaurant for now. We're wearing face masks when we go out in public. My wife's parents are in their 60s and her grandmother is in her 90s, so we're being more cautious than most.

In short, we're making every reasonable effort to prevent spreading the disease in case we catch the virus. The median incubation period for COVID-19 is estimated to be 5.5 days, which means we can have the virus and not show symptoms for five or more days.

We're looking forward to slowly returning to some semblance of normalcy, but we're also content (though not particularly thrilled, of course) to take our time. :)

Same here.

We're still opting not to return to in-person church services just yet. We've chosen not to eat inside a restaurant for now. We're wearing face masks when we go out in public. My wife's parents are in their 60s and her grandmother is in her 90s, so we're being more cautious than most.

In short, we're making every reasonable effort to prevent spreading the disease in case we catch the virus. The median incubation period for COVID-19 is estimated to be 5.5 days, which means we can have the virus and not show symptoms for five or more days.

We're looking forward to slowly returning to some semblance of normalcy, but we're also content (though not particularly thrilled, of course) to take our time. :)
me and my family is completely the opposite...

Still coronavirus-free at our house!

@Ember and I have a day or two left to decide whether to send our kids to in-person learning for 2 days a week (with 3 days of virtual learning) or go full virtual. We're reviewing (and re-reviewing) our school district's plans and information and thinking and praying it over. This isn't a decision we take lightly. Please pray that the Lord would guide us and grant us wisdom to make the right choice.

Homeschooling is the best for your kids. I cant say I've ever been told that any parents had regrets homeschooling

Still alive, still virus-free. To follow up on my last post back in late July: We ended up deciding to send our kids to in-person classes 2 days a week. @Ember has the kids for one of the 3 days of virtual learning and her parents watch the little ones the other two days. It works. But it's weird. But we're getting used to it.

#coronalife

Back