COVID-19 community check-in and discussion

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I've been thinking for a few days of how to phrase a topic on the coronavirus pandemic that has left much of the world reeling and disrupted many, if not most, people's daily lives.

You all have been in my thoughts and prayers this last week as the CDC's guidelines have grown ever more strict in the US in an effort to slow the spread of the virus.

If you all have a few minutes, I'd love to hear from our regulars or anyone wishing to post to let us know how you're faring and offer you all a space to tell us how you're doing. If you're anything like me, gathering your thoughts and typing them out can help clear a foggy head.

@Ember and I are doing our best to navigate a turbulent time. We, our children, and our parents are all symptom-free as of this moment. Being on guard constantly is taking its toll on us, just as it's likely taking its toll on you all. We've been abiding by the CDC's recommendations as best we can, but we both work in the health care industry in different capacities and we're still reporting to work. I work in a technology support role, so I've been able to practice social distancing (i.e. hole up in my office and do as much of my work as I can remotely) and I'm grateful for that.

I have posted a prayer request thread regarding the coronavirus, but please don't hesitate to share your prayer requests in this thread as well.

How are you all doing?

Kendrik

Staff member
So far, we're doing quite alright. My department (IT) is digging in its heels more than just about any other department at the university as far as recommending work from home goes. The option is available, but requires approval and such. I'm on the edge of pursuing it. Others on my team already have.

Our church is now moving to digital delivery of weekend services too. It's a big deal. I'm leading a small group this semester, and we're doing the same. Fortunately, 15+ years of participating in/leading online Christian communities makes me feel like, "I was born for this!" Ready to hit the ground running as we work on keeping our church connected and active even while practicing social distancing in accordance with federal and local recommendations.

Biggest concern at this point is cabin fever for my wife and kids. (Personally, I'm quite ready to be a homebody for a couple weeks in the name of the greater good.)

Hescominsoon

CGA\TOJ Hosting Manager
So far so good. we are shifting to online service because of the 10 or less mandate. everybody is doing well..i am sure i had covid-19 in feb but came through without incident other than feeling like crap plus a fever which i normally do not have. luckily my remote work has not declined and my other income streams have not been cut off...:) Hanging on for the ride.

CowRocket

So far so good over here. Being in transportation, specifically food transportation we have been working like crazy nutz. The Feds have relaxed most of the regulations pertaining to us, so we can do our best to get the needed supplies to the consumers. That being said....

I am incredibility disappointed in our government, fed, state, and local, along with the mainstream media for greatly exaggerating the severity of this virus. Is it bad? o'Yes. Is it so bad to put the world in a state of panic? No, not even close. The rest of my thoughts ill leave under my tin foil hat. Wash your hands, enjoy your months of TP, and most of all Pray. :)

Krissa Lox

My family and I are all well. Staying mindful of things as they progress but not at much risk due to living in an isolated area.

It's an interesting time to be working in virtual services but impossible to know where the future will lead, so day-to-day life continues to be to focus on following the Lord and taking care of the present as best as possible.

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So far so good over here. Being in transportation, specifically food transportation we have been working like crazy nutz. The Feds have relaxed most of the regulations pertaining to us, so we can do our best to get the needed supplies to the consumers.
Glad to hear you're doing well and still working. My heart breaks for all the waiters, waitresses, and other folks suddenly out of work and scrambling to pay bills. I thank God that I have a job because without His provision, things could be very different.

I am incredibility disappointed in our government, fed, state, and local, along with the mainstream media for greatly exaggerating the severity of this virus. Is it bad? o'Yes. Is it so bad to put the world in a state of panic? No, not even close. The rest of my thoughts ill leave under my tin foil hat. Wash your hands, enjoy your months of TP, and most of all Pray. :)
I agree that panic is not helpful and hoarding supplies like toilet paper is making an already bad situation worse, but I don't believe the severity of the coronavirus is being exaggerated.

So long as you and I agree to follow the CDC recommendations and do our part to slow the spread of the virus, we can agree to disagree regarding whether or not mainstream media exaggerated its severity. God willing, we'll all be around in 6 months to find out who was right.

And in this situation, I would love to be wrong.

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
So... I had this whole story drafted about what I wanted to cover but had yet to edit it to coherence and look up links. Then I listen to Shapiro and he covers the majority of it from...

Trump's car comparison (which I explicitly had already written down days before Trump said it).

To Trump derangement syndrome obscuring everything. He could do right, he could do wrong but we will never know if "Orange man always bad, cannot get re-elected".

To backing banks to give out no, or low, interest loans to businesses instead of throwing out money.

To Pelosi throwing in a bunch of diversity garbage that should not have been in the bill (see for yourself this is the version from two days ago https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZBKx2BQ9DlA8ohBIE7ORcdvLX8j3C9Ug/view).

To that killing the economy will cost lives too and that it may simply not be possible to be out of work as long as we'd like.

To Dan Patrick's comments. Could have been phrased better but not morally unsound like they make it out to be.

To that until we have widespread and accurate testing we can't know death rates.

To we are in an unprecedented situation and that no one knows enough of anything so assigning blame is dumb at this point (except China, we know enough to blame them. That and they are probably still lying).

Just watch Shapiro's show for 80% of my opinion (he basically batted 100 this time) but understand it's not that I watched his show and agreed with him. It's that I already held these opinions and he agreed with me. Which is why I watch him because I've never found someone who agrees with me so much :eek:. Here is the show you can just skip the ads by looking at the video thumbnails.

Also I am not a shill. I frequently glance at the other side CNN, MSNBC, ABC, The New York Times, etc. at least until my eyes roll out of my head. Just don't expect me to watch late shows like Colbert or shows like The Young Turks, erp.

Shapiro mentioned South Korea has the equipment from the last disease they had but he didn't mention the government tracking of cell phones and credit cards something that should not fly here (video) . It's rather disheartening no one in the Youtube comments even objects to that.

Also Trump should not have talked about having large Easter services yesterday because even if we did go back to work in 18 days groupings like that still won't be advisable. It's good for the economy to say things like that but it's fodder for news outlets to rail on him. I haven't watched Shaprio's show today so he will probably cover that.

Last edited:

Snowflake

The Lord has blessed us. Our life has not changed much since this plauge started. We're homebodies anyway, so the restrictions haven't affected us. We've spent years stocking up for a disaster, so we have plenty of supplies. The only thing that is concern is that I'm a First Responder, so wife always worries that I may catch something from a patient.

Honestly, the Lord has blessed us so much that I am asking how I can use those blessings to bless others.