Christmas Caroling

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Back a month ago, we had a thread discussing how to improve things in the guild. One idea by one2dredd was to go caroling through the districts of LA. I don't know when ANet will decorate for Christmas, but I liked this idea.

I don't know when we want to do this, but I'm just not sure how we want to do it. Any suggestions? 8-10 people all saying the same line of a Christmas carol would fill up the chat window quickly and possibly irritate others with the "spam".

The idea I have is to gather around in one area of town and start different musical emotes (/guitar, /flute, /drum, /dance) and split up each songs into lines. Each character will then take a turn saying their line in turn. Any other ideas?

Also, I thought about inviting Gaile Gray :). It would be kinda cool to have her hang out with us.

One other suggestion, if we're all on TS, we can still chat while we "sing."

Last edited:
I'll.. uh... play the bass. haha.
you'll see me on the chatlines..
"bu bu thikity thickty bu ba bee bee ba ba bu"
mad bass skillz.
lol, jk

Well you know of Course I am in lol I like the idea of us doing one line at a time with someone else doing each one or if we have 10 or more maybe have one or 2 soloists and the rest are the band!!

HEHEHE!v Pretty neat idea Loew! Way to be a leader!lol! I'll be a bass player too! Hey Arch, I got one for ya. "Bu bu bump bum ba bu bu bump bum ba bu bu bump bum ba bu bu bump bum, buh buh!" Batta Bing-Batta Boom! lol

rofl, halonic, just gotta tell her to respect ur expression of happyness "being from a politically correct standpoint" but yeah that would be freaking awesome lets do it. i call bass cuz my ele is l337 on bass

Halonic said:
I'll help out any way I can......but my wife gets mad if I even sing in the shower.

be happy...my wife informs me that my singing voice leaves much to be desired, and my son is quite willing to tell me to not sing if I ever get the inclination....and he's not even 3 yet.... :D

ahh the number of times I've heard "DON'T SING DADDY!!!"

hey long time no see guys. sounds like a cool idea, hopefully they aren't the type of people that think that we should say happy hollidays, instead of Merry Christmas. thats been annoying me to no end lately, i think i am going to start a blog with a list entailing stores policies about saying Merry Christmas. I for one am all about keeping Jesus Christ in Christmas. sorry about the ranting and raving :) again good idea about the Christmas carroling, I would be up for that.

OK, since there have been no other suggestions for how to make this work, lets go with one group member saying each line of the song in turn. For example:

Loew Krug: Away in a manger,
Halonic Mjolner: No crib for a bed,
Kidan Anubix: The little Lord Jesus
Malaki Rellik: Lay down His sweet head.
Fiona Dredd: The stars in the sky,
Malachi Perellon: Look down where he lay,
Jahar Narishma: The little Lord Jesus,
Atown Of Rising Hill: Asleep on the hay.

I guess all we have to do is decide when and start nominating songs. It would be nice to be able to do this after the Christmas decorations are up in LA.

Song List:
Away in a Manger
Joy to the World
We Three Kings

suggestions?

Also, I've seen a lot of special characters in chat window, mostly on trade channel. Anyone know how to do those and if there is a musical note?

3 kings may be odd just becuase theres alot of females but yeah, sounds good to meh

You know what would be cool as well?

If we all created characters in our 4th/PvP slot with the names of characters from the Christmas story, and then reenacted it in Ascalon City Int D1.

Characters could be:

Joseph Father Of God
Mary Mother Of God
Little Baby Jesus
Angel Number One
Angel Number Two
Shepherd Number One
Shepherd Number Two
etc.

Then, get Atown to FRAP it and create a link. Just a thought.

rofll baritone, im like.... the only one next to 2-3 old dudes who can do it. but it takes me a little time to get that low.

That would be great!

Angel Number Two plays a mean air guitar
Angel Number One plays the flute
Little Baby Jesus starts dancing

The biggest question would be, what profession would Little Baby Jesus be?
The angels would have to be monks, shepherds could be rangers. I just hope Mary isn't an elementalist (or necro for that matter), that would seem a little wrong to have her dressed that way.

We wouldn't be able to get to Ascalon City with PvP characters, but we should have time to get a character through pre-sear by then, and maybe even run them up to LA with the help of higher level guildmates.

EDIT: Actually, Yak's Bend might make a better manger scene :)

I say we target a few sessions on the week before Christmas. Hopefully ANet will Deck the Halls before then.

Last edited:
Joseph was a carpenter, so...

Hammer warrior? Maybe an illusionary weaponry Me/W?

Angels = APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED female monks

Shepherds = Ranger

Mary = APPROPRIATELY ATTIRED female monk

Jesus = W/Mo. He tanked the sins of the world, and was able to cast Rez on himself.

Melchior, can't remember the names of the other two wise men-- E/Me

Back