Christian clans

(*MoG*) Men of God

That link is for their MoH:AA clan, they also play America's Army, Battlefield 1942, and Counter Strike.

I play on their MoH servers (not a clan member though), so if you have MoH, maybe you will see me there.

Here's something to clear it up:
Christians call themselves that to distinguish themselves from the rest of the world. A Christian Clan should have supposed Christians in them. Other clans may have Christians in them, but the general population shall be agnostic or atheist.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Jan. 18 2003,6:10)]Other clans may have Christians in them, but the general population shall be agnostic or atheist.
Yes, most Clans that are not "by Christians, for Christians" often have few Christian members.

There is also

http://www.christiangaming.org/redeemed (Jedi Outcast)
http://www.theconsecrated.com (The Upcoming Star Wars Galaxies)
http://www.aim-robotics.org/kotl (A new starcraft clan)
http://7ad.asthedeer.org (AA:O)

smile.gif

-Fabier

Ohh, too funny. Here's a mental image...

1. IN-GAME:

"Behind you!"

***BANG***

"Gotcha SUCKA!"

***BANG***

"HAHA, headshot!"
"U suck lamer"
"STFU"

***BANG***
***BANG***
***BANG***

2. Five minutes later in the chatroom:

"0wn3d"
"Lag"
"Crappy map"
"Stupid team"
"It's good to kick some butt for Christ"
"Testify, brother."
"####, did you see me blow that Sodomite's brains out?"
"Yeah man! You're pretty good. Let's go shotgun some Wiccans."
"YEAH! Let's show them the Glory of Christ!"
"Maybe we'll save some."
"Yeah, right after I rip their guts out in His Name!"
"HAHA!"
"Let's roll, brothers!"

Damar....This is a Christian board, please refrain from using profanity here if you are going to post. It is meant to be a family-friendly environement.

Thanks,
Cory

I hope thats supposed to be funny. I'd invite you to join #toj on gamesnet IRC. You'll mostly get a bunch of idlers, but you can probably find someone actually active if you stick around for 5-10 minutes. 14 people in there right now. We'd love to have you over for awhile.

I was just trying to demonstrate how ridiculous the concept of a "Christian Clan" is.

You're playing a FPS/RTS/RPG, mostly running around inflicting (virtual) pain and causing (virtual) random mayhem. Forget it, you're not making any religious statements here. Either give up the tag altogether until you log off, or don't log on at all, heeh. By the way, aren't you boys all thinking that roleplaying games are satanic?

Mwehehehehe.

---------------------------
Damar Says: Download Maboroshi's Natural Females for Morrowind and be happy.

So its up to you to decide what "Christian" is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Forget it, you're not making any religious statements here. Either give up the tag altogether until you log off, or don't log on at all, heeh. By the way, aren't you boys all thinking that roleplaying games are satanic?
We are making a religious statement. It is a place for Christians to meet up and play together with people with the same beliefs. And since when are RPG's satanic? I guess you got the corner on what us Christains should and shouldn't do huh.

They are games. what more needs to be said?

Cory

Too easy.

Say Thaddius, wasn't it your lord and master who said that everyone who's lukewarm is as good as cold? And something else about avoiding the very appearance of evil? And something ELSE about that if your right eye tempts you, then rip it out? Um?

So, a good little Christian (unlike a big bad atheist like myself), should pretty much run, not walk, away from the computer games, and particularly from the online-related stuff, and thrice as fast from the RPGs. By engaging in a first-person shooter, you're committing murder, because you're fantacizing about it AND acting it out, albeit virtually. By playing online, you're substituting the everwonderful creation for a simulation - no respect or WHAT? Finally boyo, haven't you heard that roleplaying games are Satan's training camp? Come on. You run about in all those leather and chainmail outfits (mmm, leather and chainmail); commit more murders; pillage; and worst of all, use MAGICK!! AAAAAAARGH!!! Pretty soon you'll be dressing up in robes and cloaks, calling yourself Elfstar or Harry Potter and sacrificing puppies to Baal.

Well, maybe that was a bit overboard, but the fact remains: by playing ANY game at all, you're being a hypocrite. Come on, I double-dare you, SHEEP. Give me an argument here. And don't say "It's just a game", "I can distinguish between games and reality", etc. You've given up the right to free will on the day you were "saved". Well? I'm waiting...

This topic has been moved to the Religious Discussion forum. If anyone would care to serve as moderator for the Religious Discussion (and, more specifically, for this thread), please e-mail me at tek7@cgalliance.net.

A note to Damar Stiehl: We have no problem with non-Christians bringing questions in earnest to these forums, but your attitude clearly shows you have little if any intention to discuss these matters in a polite, rational manner. If you have questions you wish to discuss, please do so with common courtesy. If you continue to display the attitude exhibited in your recent posts, your account will be removed and your IP banned from these boards.

We are currently working on an article discussing how, as Christian gamers, we come to terms with the violent games we play and, furthermore, how we justify playing them together and organizing gaming groups. Others in the past have posed this very serious question, and we are taking time to discuss the question in earnest; however, our staff members have little patience for insulting humor and reminders of the Crusades, the Salem witch trials, and other spectacles we were not yet alive in which to take part.

In short, if you have come here to discuss these very important questions, then please remain but change your attitude. If you have come here only to mock and ridicule, then I have already dealt with your type hundreds--if not thousands--of times since the founding of Tribe of Judah and the Christian Gamers Alliance.

I do hope you stay and dispose of your rudeness so we can discuss these matters and help clear up any confusion non-Christians might have when learning of our organizations.

Back