• Baptist

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • Methodist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Presbyterian

• Pentecostal

• Non-Denominational (Ironic, I list this as a denomination)

• Catholic

• Lutheran

• Episcopal

• Church of God

• Other

• Total voters
Er, just so you all will know, I don't have some personal vendetta against non-denom churches, and as a matter of fact, my old youth pastor is currently in the works of writing up the charter for a new non-denom church he's felt led to start, and I've been working closely with him to make sure it's what God wants.

Van

I'm aware of that.

Thanks though :p

You really must think I am immature now!
sad.gif

Van

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just so you'll know, Master, non-denomination /is/ a denomination.
My question still stands, what ARE the beliefs of various non-denom churches?
Heh, yeah I was being a little facetious about non-denominatino. I think its really funny to have that catagorized as a denomination. I know there are many people who say seriously they are non denomination as a denomination. It would be like someone running for president under the Rebel party. I guess its my futile attempt to protest denominations.
Whatever the Bible says, I believe. Whatever God says, I believe.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We're all in the same Church ( Which is Christianity. ), just different divisions.
hah, yeah, it looks that way. will there be different divisions in heaven? Did Jesus make our different divisions?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They claimed the oil in and of itself is what gave a person ability or power, not representative of God's blessing upon that person.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. However is it worth splitting up and making a whole new denomination? In your case, you didn't have to, the denomination was already there for you to conveniently go to. But in the past, why wouldn't they just confront the pastor, and get the issue cleared up? Even if you couldn't change your pasters mind and he couldn't change your mind, couldn't they still have shared a church?

Altho I dont belong to any denomination, which was a choice, most non-denom's tend to act, well, like a denomination.  If anything, you could call my church pre-denominational.  My church is patterned exactly after that found in the book of Acts, long before denominations.  We believe only in what the Bible says, we dont add to doctrines as all denominations, at least the countless ones Ive looked into, all of the above being included in that.  Where the Bible speaks, so do we, and where it is silent, again, so are we.

Thats just the church I attend.  For me, I am only a Christian, no more, no less.  I have no ties anymore to any denomination after seeing various inconsistencies in their doctrines when compared to scripture, and never again will I have any ties to one.

Good to see the Word still works individually without human hands destroying its good works, Dr. Tek.

I just ask you to beware not to let human hands dabble to deeply unless they are taught and 'learnt up in the ways of a good Christian society, with all love and longsuffering.

Sometimes we're afraid of things that certain churches do, which I believe is just healthy skepticism, not wanting to be "taken in" to anything unbiblical.

Anyways....My original intent for this thread, though I never stated it...

For a long, long time, I've felt God leading my mind and heart to prepare for a great reuniting of the Church, and I honestly think CGA is a good representation of that. Sorta like when Jonah was in the belly of a whale for three days, then came out. Representative of some other Person that would do the same from death and a tomb a few years down the road :p.

Pray about it. Think about it. Encourage it. With all of the true Christians in this world, do you even realize the untapped power we have as the church? We could what change the world with nothing more than love and living. We have the power of the God of Ages, the God of time itself, the God of Life and Death, the God who has power over everything.

With that kind of power on our side, who will stand against us and win?

Van

Exactly. If every church member, every Christian, just did a little, imagine how much good would come out of it! I myself haven't done a whole lot, but I will later on. For many of us, we could use the interent to reach out to athiests and other non-Christians and tell them about God.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You really must think I am immature now!
sad.gif
No, lol. I never meant it when I said it.

Well Van, this is all part of the great ecumenical movement that was started around the turn of the 20th century (though it was originally focused around missions and has been hitting the root a bit lately).

Our main danger in this growing ecumenicalism is the threat of pluralism; so we have to be careful that we don't simply accept everything that professes to be "Christian".

Agreed, hence my apprehension towards "non-denominational" churches. I've often seen everything labeled "Christian" stamped as A-okay, when much of it wasn't.

I have that apprehension with a lot of churches, though, heh, maybe that's why I'm so picky 'bout where I attend -_-

Van

I choose not to label myself. I believe the Holy Bible, nothing more nothing less.

I believe every word spoken by Jesus. I believe He is the one and only Son of God, that He died to save me from sin, that He rose again in three days and that He will return for all believers (and very soon from the looks of things).

Did I miss the point of this topic? Maybe, but it never hurts to be reminded of these things.
wink.gif

I would just like to say that messianic Judaism is indeed ecumneical of all denominations, however we prefer tens and twenties.

I attend a non denominational church. I am really going to miss my church when I more to Portland, Oregon. If any of you live up that way and can recommend a good church, please do so.

Chandler Christian Church

Purpose

Beliefs

Mind you, this church is why I turned back to being a Christian. I grew up in a small southern baptist church and when I left home had sworn off going to church. When you find meaning in what you believe it makes it that much more important in your life.

Cory

Thought Id post a link to the website I had part in making for my church, my dad made the rest a while back...

Dr.TeK's Church

A lot to read on there, bout what we believe, what we do, etc...
It hasnt been updated for a few weeks, Ive had a hard time making enough time to work on updating it, as have other people.

My previous church www.hatfield.co.za a Baptist/Christian Church (if that makes sense)

Now I am part of a small House Church which is modelled on the Church of Acts (similair I would think to Tek's church). We have cell meetings , ministry and worship meetings and know each other intimately...Which fosters a lot of growth....makes it a bigger commitment in your life as well because you can't easily disconnect yourself....

kasi

Back