Canthan New Year 2011

I just figured if it were this weekend it would have been posted already. But I don't know...

I'm with Kyrel, bad hands here make iffy running, I could try but there would be a 50% chance of failure at some point.

I checked that site - but still nothing on GuildWiki or on Guild Wars site - I hope it is this weekend - maybe they'll post tomorrow.

All the more reason for people to sign up to be runners...

Last edited:
Great - thanks - I've updated the list to reflect that.

Still lots of prime time slots, folks - who wants one?

Sarah Here, and I’d be happy to help. I know I havn’t exactly been the most active on this forum but I’d like to help. I’m not really sure how exactly to do the job, but it doesn’t sound hard. I’m ET so I guess that’s three hours past the dates posted. Fortunately, I don’t have school on Mondays so I’m willing to stay up. I guess if no one will take the times presented, then I find myself to take the job myself! 9 AM is noon my time, so I can have a late lunch for the event. 3pm is 6pm my time, so I can take it from 6pm to 3AM if no one else wants it. Of course if someone wants to take one of those times they may, as it would make it a lot easier, but if no on else will volunteer I’m up for the task! You can count on me to do a good job or at least to do my best! Time for a happy event!

Sarah Oakenshield

I signed us up for American District 77.

I don't know if there has to be a confirmation or some other response.

Canthan NY during the Super Bowl ... glad I signed up for the early hours. I can park my character, go to sleep, watch the Super Bowl then return for the finale :D

We are gearing up as if Canthan New Year is this weekend - but there is still nothing on GuildWars.com or GW Wiki to confirm the tweet from yesterday.

That would be it - hurray!

We need more runners of items. Who wants to sign up?

/bump

Time to pony up some of your time - who wants to do a little running for the Alliance?

Let me know and I'll update the list with your name in place.

Okay - next is scheduling runners to take items to the chefs. There has still been no official announcement but we are proceeding on the assumption that we are looking at the weekend of February 3-6. The finales will on Sunday the 6th.

There are nine times that need to be covered:

Saturday Midnight: Stc
Sunday 3am: Star Munchkin
Sunday 6am: Star Munchkin
Sunday 9am:
Sunday Noon: Reginator
Sunday 3pm: Stc
Sunday 6pm:
Sunday 9pm: Stc
Sunday Midnight: Obi Kaybee

All times are PST

For those that aren't sure:
If you live in the Mountain Time Zone, add 1 hour.
If you live in the Central Time Zone, add 2 hours.
If you live in the Eastern Time Zone, add 3 hours.

You can sign up here in the forum - PM me at Abba San - or catch me in game.

If you want more than one slot that is fine - better than that, it is much appreciated. If you take some of the wee hours you are a genuine alliance hero.

Okay - who wants to get the best hours first?

By the way, you can still donate items for future use.

Last edited:
I can do Sunday midnight, I think. (Like come on at 11:30 p.m. on Sunday and stay till 12:30 a.m. Monday.) Never done it before though, so if somebody with a little experience comes along, bump me.

(I could do 9 a.m. if I could get my boss to give me the day off. :) )

Sarah Here, and I’d be happy to help. I know I havn’t exactly been the most active on this forum but I’d like to help. I’m not really sure how exactly to do the job, but it doesn’t sound hard. I’m ET so I guess that’s three hours past the dates posted. Fortunately, I don’t have school on Mondays so I’m willing to stay up. I guess if no one will take the times presented, then I find myself to take the job myself! 9 AM is noon my time, so I can have a late lunch for the event. 3pm is 6pm my time, so I can take it from 6pm to 3AM if no one else wants it. Of course if someone wants to take one of those times they may, as it would make it a lot easier, but if no on else will volunteer I’m up for the task! You can count on me to do a good job or at least to do my best! Time for a happy event!

Sarah Oakenshield

I think this covers all the open runner positions

We are covered - but I hate to put so much on Sarah Oakenshield. If someone would take a slot of two that would be a help to Sarah.

Thank you, Brydon, for taking that midnight slot. That leaves five slots Sarah will be taking unless someone steps up.

Back