• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i'll join the clan if you'll have me and you guys can tell me what position on the clan you want me in and here's my gamer tag oldtimeassassin

...am I missing something???

Okay, I know this is the Xbox LIVE forums, so my thread really doesn't fit here, but I feel many of you maybe able to answer my question/dilemma...

Well, as I posted about a week ago I bought a 360 Elite...well, yesterday I bought CoD:MW2, Halo 3 (not a Halo fan, but eh), and Dead or Alive 4...also someone from work let me borrow Fable II...

(Quick overview: I bought my 360 for 2 main reasons...LOCAL [Multiplayer and Co-op] and a Media Center...)

Having my wife, my brother, and a friend all playing at the same time was loads of fun with both Halo 3 and MW2, however, due to the lack of bots in both games, once 1 person wanted to stop playing the game got kinda lame...it seems that neither game was designed to support any less than 4 people at a time, since I will mostly be playing 2 player, followed by 3 player sometimes...and 4 player rarely... Playing Slayer or Free for All was okay for a little while, but you want to mix it up a bit... I am not really wanting to play local+online which only Halo 3 supports (or so I am told), and I know MW2 only supports 1 player online per system for multiplayer which really puts a damper on things... I really expected more from these games, and the whole reason I have them is for LOCAL multiplayer... The lack of bots is really hurting these games, and why not allow you and 2 or 3 friends to spilt screen with 16-32 others online???

Now, am I just really missing something or are my experiences correct and I am just looking for something that has been gone for a long time and won't be coming back...like the future of LAN parties :p ... I mean, why even play a 360 for one person per system online play when you can do that on a PC for $20 cheaper a game...and one of the major pulls (for me) for consoles is not all of your friends have to buy the game to play it together...hmm...

good thing the XBLA update for Perfect Dark is coming soon...I think

There are some good games ont he marketplace for local co-op

Turtles in Time: Reshelled, Castle Crashers are two I enjoy a lot. You might want to check on there

good thing the XBLA update for Perfect Dark is coming soon...I think

There are some good games ont he marketplace for local co-op

Turtles in Time: Reshelled, Castle Crashers are two I enjoy a lot. You might want to check on there

Yeah, I am starting to notice that...Castle Crashes looks cool...and I did find that Halo 3 is pretty nice when it comes to local online multiplayer...I can take 3 friends on my console online with me...the gameplay is not as good as MW2, but the fact I can take my friends online on my console makes me want to mostly work on being better with Halo 3...

You may want to try out Gears of War 2 then. Single-player campaign CAN be played all the way with another buddy, multiplayer can be played offline with 2v2, or if a person does drop, you can play Horde mode (wave after wave) which is fun no matter what the player count. May wanna google Co-Optimus, they have lists of games you may be looking for.

I saw you online the other day in MW2 and sent you an invite. People better then bots any day of the week, especially when you have a group of friends to play with.

Concern about noise...

I know all consoles make noises, and I have heard that both the 360 and PS3 are loud consoles, but I just have some concerns... I hear a weird "scratching" noise when playing games from discs...it sounds like older HDD sounds...

When I hear the noise:

Playing a game from disc.

When I do not hear the noise:

Playing a game installed on my HDD.
Playing Arcade or Demos.
Playing Music or Movies from disc.
Anything other than playing a game from disc :p

Now, while playing MW2 and Halo 3 the noise was not that audible, but it was there, however, with Fable 2 the noise was so loud even with my volume up a bit I was having issues understanding dialog...but after installing the game to my HDD there was no more sound... Should I be concerned about this, or is this normal?

Last edited:
PS3's are about as loud as a Wii. 360 was always louder. And yeah, that's normal. :/

Fable 2 running loud is a known issue. Installing it to HDD will fix it. Probably because of the amount of data that needs to be loaded causing an excessive amount of read\write cycles.

Feb 2010 Chapter Reports

No, no...we're not we're not filling the swimming pool with peanut butter and seeing who can make the best imprint with a cannonball. That was a one time thing! It's time for the February Chapter reports from our fearless leaders!

Please take a few moments and post your report here. Thanks!

Portal DLC/coolness/weirdness

Not sure whether this belongs here or in the TF2 forum ... but for any Orange Box fans out there, if you haven't heard about this development ... way cool stuff. Or the worst tease ever. We'll have to see.
[note: as with any public forum, the comment section at the bottom of the post that this is linking to has attracted its fair share of inappropriate language ... but the post itself is clean].

http://www.giantbomb.com/portal/61-21170/portal-gets-new-mysterious-updatemorsecode-and-achievement-added/35-391810/

Portal is one of my 5 most favorite games of all time, and things like this just reinforce said opinion...

Not sure whether this belongs here or in the TF2 forum ... but for any Orange Box fans out there, if you haven't heard about this development ... way cool stuff. Or the worst tease ever. We'll have to see.
[note: as with any public forum, the comment section at the bottom of the post that this is linking to has attracted its fair share of inappropriate language ... but the post itself is clean].

http://www.giantbomb.com/portal/61-21170/portal-gets-new-mysterious-updatemorsecode-and-achievement-added/35-391810/

Portal is one of my 5 most favorite games of all time, and things like this just reinforce said opinion...

I actually thank its the most clever and funny lol

L4D2 Expert team Xbox 360

Hey, I just need a few teammates in l4d2. Im hoping to beat most or all the campaigns on expert difficulty. It is simply to insane to attempt expert on single player, and none of my friends are that skilled, lol. So if you want to play some expert l4d2 let me know! Xbl gamertag: curly fries1515

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back