• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
added. i don't play MW2 (or 1) or L4D but if you're ever up for hockey hit me up. I do rent MW2 on occasion because my boss likes blowing me up so I might be on there every now and again.

Hey, welcome to the site! I'm on fairly regularly (but I will be away from the xbox for Christmas & new years') and I have both MW2 and L4D2. You will probably get the chance to add me before I do you, so feel free. My gamertag is avskillet.

Minor Mix up

Hey Unfetered, not sure what happened, but i have sent you a couple friend requests and it doesnt say friend pending,, My gamertag is ASHSTORM. so if you see my friend request , thats me.

Star Wars Fans!

If you havent already, go to Youtube and watch the episodes of Chad Vader! They are hilarious and the guy that voices Chad Vader is so good that Lucas has hired him to be the voice of Vader in all the videogames now. They have currently 2 seasons on Youtube plus some training videos. What I just found out was the on Star Wars The Force Unleashed, there is an Achievement called "The Worst Day Shift Manager Ever" which is in honor of these Chad Vader episodes..watch them and enjoy

New xbox360 owner!!!

Yes, I convinced my wife that I needed an xbox360 for Christmas and just went to Target on Jan. 1 and picked up Modern Warfare 2 for $39.99. :) My xbox live ID is:

Fidoc

Hopefully I'll figure out how to hook up with you guys in the future!

- Lance

Starting the new year right!

All ToJ staff are being asked to provide an end of the year chapter report. This is just a brief rundown of what has been happening over the holiday season.. (we've slacked a bit on this) The report should include but not be limited to recruiting, staff changes, game activities, and any information that you might consider important for the staff of ToJ to know.

Also included with this should be goals for 2010 for your chapter. This can include recruiting ideas, fundraising, web site building, and any other goals that you might consider fundamental to your chapter.

We appreciate all that you do and hope your Christmas and New Year's were great!

Chapter reports

2010 Goals

MW2 - Hardcore mode

I've started playing MW2 Hardcore mode and I am loving it. I started off hating it the few times I've tried it but now, I am just thoroughly enjoying it. You don't have to deal with the constant nub-tubes, RPGs, akimbo anything overpowered, runners and knifers.

I find it peace in the heightened stress of the game play. You have to be patient and methodical in playing the game. Even if you come across a person playing very annoyingly with nub-tubes, you just find a spot to camp and snipe them out every time they run around like a fool. I find some of the maps normal core people don't like are even more enjoyable in hard core. They have some of the best cover spots for sniping or zone control.

Anyway, if you see me on and want to join, we'll be doing alot of hardcore and I got myself a 360 head set for myself that I know how to work. It is very helpful to actually communicate to some degree in HC games.

Forza 3 with a racing wheel

So on boxing day I picked up a Xbox360 racing wheel to play Forza 3 and Forza 2 with. It comes complete with a flappy panel gear box and it has really enhanced the game play. I think it has actually improved my racing skills. The feel of the road, or the wheel going loose when you lose traction. Best purchase yet and I recommend anyone who races to get one.

You don't have to deal with the constant nub-tubes, RPGs, akimbo anything overpowered, runners and knifers.
Could you elaborate on how hardcore deals with this? I still dislike hardcore because I hate that someone can camp and keep killing me and I have no clue where they are (with no kill cam)

Hmmm...how to explain.

Ok, how about this. I find a nice camp spot that gives me a clear view of some of the major traffic area of the map. Oooh, here comes and opponent. I take careful aim and squeeze the trigger for a controlled 2 or 3 shot burst. He turns, shoots in my general direction and I die. I watch the death cam and I see he never saw me, just akimbo 1887 in my general direction. And I am left wondering why at the end of the match I have 2 kills and 30 deaths. And everybody is saying how much I suck at the game.

Now into HC, you find that same spot. The opponent foolishly runs around thinking he is just going to one shot everybody and comes down your sights. You take the same careful aim, squeeze off a couple of rounds, he dies.

I find HC is the game type that rewards those who enjoy being patient, methodical and deliberate in the game play. It is not for everybody it sure seems to be fitting my play style more then normal core.

Last night, did some more HC. It is amazing to watch normal core people attempt to cheeze out runner strategies (that is akimbo 1887, nub-tube and knifing). They so much rely on you not being able to down them, even if you get the first shot. Yes you can akimbo 1887s if you just play like I do, but the reality is, you still get one shot kills regardless of the gun. So really, no big deal.

Right now my set up is:

M16A4 - three round burst with each pull of the trigger. If the first bullet hits, it is a guaranteed kill, except when they use last stand. Be ready for it.
Perk 1 - Bing pro - silencer and holographic or ACOG sight, your choice of sights. It is faster to aim down a holographic and you get very little recoil, ACOG gives you distance and no reduction of potency. The reduction in potency and range from silencer is negated by the ACOG on the M16A4
Perk 2 - Cold blood - Invisible to UAV, All air support, sentry guns and thermal scopes
Perk 3 - Ninja pro - Invisible to heart beat and you gain silent footsteps

Perk 2 is really the most important, it allows you to not have to seek cover when the opposing team calls in any form of air support. Plus you don't need stopping power in Hard Core. And Perk 3 just makes moving around and positioning yourself around places where you know there is an enemy sniper just a little less risky.

Last edited:
ahhha, so its the less dmg to kill that makes the big difference in balance. I will have to check this out more as I often get a first hit but still die. I still wish hardcore had kill cam so I would know where campers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back