Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm storming the castle!!!

Just as something to consider, I played Castle Crashers when it came out all by my lonesome. I got away from it for a long while but just loaded it yesterday and tried playing with someone else... totally different experience. It is an absolute blast to play multiplayer and I would recommend it for any ToJ'er. I believe there will hopefully be more Castle Crasher game nights in the future, too. AND there is new downloadable content being released today. :)

I'm grocery shopping today before work, so I'll probably pick up a points card while I'm out. Trouble is finding another 800 pt title to go along with castle crashers :p

That is, unless I don't get Knothole Island for Fable 2

Ah yes. Fable II is on the top of my "if I ever magically have enough free time to play a lengthy RPG again" list. I'd hate to waste all the time I put into Pub Games earning multiple free items.

Well, unless you're like me and spend a ton of time messing around with sidequests a lot, the main quest I think is about 10-12 hours.

If you're looking to kill time, Too Human is much more time consuming if you're a severe completionist, I know my brother has about 120 hours logged in that just maxing out two of the classes. Then there's Fallout 3, which will never make its way to my 360 due to the length of it.

Too Human disappointed me beyond description. I was looking very forward to it and it just felt so broken. Fable II was also one that I tracked and waited for over a couple of years. Then when it came out I was too busy to sink my teeth into it. Fallout 3 is very appealing, but I simply don't have nor want to spend the time on it to complete the way I would want.

Can you play castle crashers splitscreen? or CoOp on same xbox? I think this is one I might get my wife to play with me if so.

It's an old-school side scroller a la TMNT from the arcade days, so all characters are on the same screen at once, no split screen. It's brutally addictive fun. I really cannot recommend it enough. Although, the one drawback I've found is my five year old daughter yelling "Go Daddy! Chop his head off!" :D

I played the demo with my wife last night. I had a blast, I think she was bored...that being said I think I will try to get enough points to buy Castle Crashers and Catan so I can play something with you all.

Is Amazon the best place to get points these days?

The 1600 points card is 17.99 on amazon, 19.99 retail. Depending on their shipping, I'd say just go to a big grocery store, EBstop, Best Buy, Blockbuster, whatever you have there.

I'm available almost any night from 8:00 pm EST on. I can stay up as late as I need to accommodate you West Coasters, too. :)

Game trading at Goozex

I just wanted to report that I have been extremely happy with Goozex trading service. I have sent out 2 games (Warioware and Endwar) and received 3 games (Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect) All 3 of my games were in great condition and only 1 was a slow shipping time. If you are looking for a way to get rid of some games you have been hording and get some fresh ones, give it a shot. You even can get a free game just for signing up. (only a 100pt game, but there are a few decent ones for 100pts)

I have to point out that the brand new games have massive waiting lists to queue through, but if there are older ones you wanted to pick up many are available immediately. I.E. Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect all had zero people in line for them but Left4Dead has 155 in line and Fallout has 47 ahead of me.

Trades are only $1 plus the shipping which has been around $1.75 for me. I used bubble mailers that I already had and then recycled ones from the games I got.

referral link in this one:

My profile link:

PS...

If you sign up via an affiliate link like mine in the graphic above, then you will get an extra trading token and 100 more points when you make a trade yourself. If there are other members who want to post their affiliate link here that is fine with me, I just want to spread the news that the service is smooth and comes recommended.

Last edited:
Call of Duty: World At War Double XP Weekend!!! XD

If anyone hasn't seen yet, CoD:WaW is having a double xp in multiplayer this weekend, come on out, I'll be on constantly and trying hard to get all those nice shiny weapons and perks ;)

Beautiful Katamari

Anyone have it? I rented it, so I'll have it til Thursday. I will say, it's tricky for me just to barely meet the requirements to beat each level, but it's great fun especially after work. This is the first time I've played a Katamari game, but I'm sure some of you have read Tek's opinions of the series.

Anyway, if anyone has it, and is up for some play on it between now and Thursday we can try and match schedules :p

Anyone have it? I rented it, so I'll have it til Thursday. I will say, it's tricky for me just to barely meet the requirements to beat each level, but it's great fun especially after work. This is the first time I've played a Katamari game, but I'm sure some of you have read Tek's opinions of the series.
And for those who haven't, I'll summarize: Much <3 for Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari. They're easily two of my favorite Playstation 2 games.

Update.. I tried out gaming on Sayswap.com as well. I think I lost the game I shipped out as it has been 3 months now and I have yet to receive a match for a game. I have 66 on my want list and 50points from the game I shipped out...so I do NOT recommend SaySwap trading site.

Big fan of Goozex!

Psychonaughts

I have the elite 360 so it is backward compatible thus yesterday I picked up psychonauts for $20. I have to say, dodge graphics aside this is the single best platform game of all time. I say if your 360 can read it get it, you wont regret.

One side note of caution I need to point out that while this looks like a kids game on the surface this is not a kids game, and I would recommend against letting kids play it until you have run through the humor and found it OK.

Here is the metacritic link: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/psychonauts?q=psychonauts

Last edited:
The demo is just a small taste of what it has to offer. It's quite challenging for me. It's now in my ownership :D

I will say, I can understand how it's not for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back