• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, actually, I'd wager you walked away living 'white and nerdy'. ;)

I'd pay money to watch Icthus play a GH game.

I played the demo for the 360 and GH2 for the 360. It kinda brought back some old memories of my air guitar days. :) tore up several brooms too.:)
Fun it was, I used the controller on the 3 version and I used the guitar on the 2 version.
ps. if you don't have the 360 demo download it, lol , rock on!!!!

i can do expert songs.....but not that one it reminds me of the hardest one from GH2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58eIoYWecCQ but as for advice one thing i can say that hasent already been covered is aside from chords it doesnt matter what note you hold down to the left of the the button needed (im right handed, revearse for lefties) so if you see somthing like:
green red
red
green red
red
green red

you can keep pressing the same frets(buttons)

hey im pretty sure ive memorized where all the skulls are since ive gotten them all like 20 times to help others get them so hit me up if you need help finding them

whoever is moderator on this, please delete this topic. no response in 20 days tells me that i have all the friends i'm going to get.

who would've thought that a christian game site would have so many people trying the perfectly mimick songs that don't exactly reflect the beliefs they claim. while i haven't played the game, ever, i don't get that excited about trying to do my best rendition of an ozzy song or get excited about dueling it out with slash. i'm sure i'll get lynched for this, but i'm just being honest.

Why would we lynch you for having an opinion?

Are there some songs in the game that I take issue with? Yes.

Does that mean that I personally feel that I shouldn't play the game at all? No.

Do I think that sincere, Christ-seeking believers can have a difference of opinion on this issue, and still get along? Absolutely.

As believers, we are living under grace. And that looks different for each of us. Paul addresses this very issue throughout Romans. Jesus freed us from slavery to sin, and just as importantly freed us to living a grace filled life that we have chosen to submit to Him - the abundant life. And each of us has a different calling and a different path that leads us ever closer to Him. There are going to be areas that some of us feel free to walk in, while others of us feel called away from those areas. That's normal. There are areas in which some feel freedom that others of us see as a stumbling block. We are each free to exercise our freedom under His grace so long as we're not flaunting it in front of others who may stumble in those areas.

I think gaming is a prime example. Many believers avoid gaming of any sort. Some avoid different genres of games. I think this is another area where believers should be able to agree to disagree agreeably. For me to play GH for the purpose of having fun, acting crazy, and just enjoying myself doesn't cause me to stumble in my walk - although there are two or three songs that I choose not to play because I'd rather not pollute my mind with their lyrics (although you can also just turn down the lyrics and listen mainly to the guitar parts, as well). I clearly understand, though, why other believers may choose to approach this game differently. I'm not offended that you disagree, I have no desire to 'lynch you', and don't question your decision to post another opinion here. Personally, I think this is a very worthwhile conversation to have.

My $0.02, adjusted for inflation.

Baddwin, i have never received a reply from anyone about anything on any site i am a member of that was so admirable. i am truly humbled by your reply and as a result have an immense amount of respect for you as a Christian and fellow gamer. the fact that you took the time to say what you feel is just awesome. i would love to add you to my friends list and play alongside you in anything. i must apologize for sounding mushy, but you have pricked my heart. i am struggling in my walk with Christ right now and people like you are a true blessing and a rock for me. God bless you and everything you do. thank you again.:D:D:D:):):)

Nice conversation my fellow christians. I started to put this sentence in but I chose not to. I backspaced it out. lol, So here it is! :)

"It would have been nice to be able to use christian songs to play by."

God Bless
ps.maybe some Petra

I got it for 360 and I must say, it's pretty solid. I'm stuck on the last battle on hard though.

As for the rookies out there, you eventually really do have to figure out the orange button on your own. In some situations you'll just slide your hand, others you'll need to spread your hand so you've got your pinky on orange and your index on green. As you learn the patterns that this game uses, you'll get better and better. Also get good at those hammer on/pull offs. Those will save you in a number of songs. If you're looking for kicks, just try My Name is Jonas on hard. Good practice going up and down the board as well as ho/po work.

Nice conversation my fellow christians. I started to put this sentence in but I chose not to. I backspaced it out. lol, So here it is! :)

"It would have been nice to be able to use christian songs to play by."

God Bless
ps.maybe some Petra

Check out "Frets on Fire"

It's like stepmania for DDR. I wasn't able to find Christian stuff, but someone could always create some.

Couple thoughts:

1. Maybe we should get a tour group going on www.guitarhero.com

2. I know I also would like to see some Christian tracks appear as DLC for this game. But at times I feel like one voice in a large crowd. So if you get bored, check out some of the other forums out there and join in when you see topics about what songs people would like to see added. I usually throw out there a decent selection of Christian rock with some classic '50's rock as well when I see these sorts of things. It'd be nice to see some other people out there asking for things such as old school DC Talk, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Skillet.

Woah a ToJ tour group would be neat! Can we do it with different clients? i.e Wii and 360? I guess I'll check out the site and see.

Christian downloadable content would be so neat. I would totally buy a CCM edition of GH3

Frets on Fire looks pretty cool.
Freetar also looks sweet.

I might have to check them out after I beat gh3 on hard... which I estimate will be some time in late 2008!! Hard is HARD!

That tour guild thingy looks fun, who would be down for joining if we set one up?

yeah man i'll do it with you later on. i am currently grounded though so i wont be on for another week or two but my gamertag is Phoenix Sin.

I am very excited for this game based on what I have read and listened to. I have been waiting for a while to really dive into a RPG since Oblivion. No multiplayer, but I still think it will be taking up a large amount of my free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back