• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the same thing happen on Wed. My console died. Just a few days before Halo 3. The last two times MS has replaced my console, it was pretty quick. It would take them about 3 days to get me the coffin, 3 days for them to get it back, a couple days to get me a new console, and another 3 days to get the new console (that's all number of business days). I'll probably play on my brother's 360 when he's at work (he works nights, I work days). So it won't be like I totally miss out.

Hey, I'm Dan (GT: Dan12R). Welcome to our little group of fun loving people. Feel free to add me to your list. Just be sure to include that you found me via ToJ or CGA in the friend invite so I don't just ask "Who's this guy?" and ignore the invite. A little about me, I'm a recent college grad in Michigan and I'm currently working as a substitute teacher. Right now I'm playing wait for the UPS guy so I can send in my broken 360. But of course I'll be playing Halo 3 when it's out, I'll just have to play on my brother's box or something like that.

Well, I just had my 3rd 360 fail on me, but I def. take comfort in the warranty that they have. It's now 3 years for red light failure. My console failed on me on Wednesday. I called the number, they asked for my seriel number and all that and they're sending me a box to send in my new console. And it's done all at no cost to me (they send me a box with a 3 day UPS shipping label for it. All I have to do is take it to a UPS Store or UPS drop box. And each new console I get comes with a new 3 year warranty. So at least they take care of you when it does fail.

So at least they take care of you when it does fail.
Aye, but I'd rather not have the hardware fail at all. My wife bought me a used Dreamcast for $40 about three years ago and it only recently failed.

If I'm in the middle of a game and eager to find out what happens in the next level or chapter, I'm going to be quite upset when my console breaks on me and I have to wait for 2 weeks to plug in a new one and start playing again.

I have some time before I'm ready to buy another console again, since (1) the release date for SoulCalibur IV hasn't even been announced yet, (2) I spent about $400 on 2 Nintendo DS Lites and cartridges within the last 6 months, and (3) first-person shooter PC gaming seems to be on the rebound.

When Namco reports a release date for SoulCalibur IV and Microsoft gets their act together and fixes key 360 hardware issues, then I'll start looking at getting a 360. Until then, my Wii, DS, and PC will offer plenty of gaming opportunities. :)

Really the simple solution to keeping the thing from failing is to keep it generously cooled. Thanks to certain laws requiring lead free solder in childrens toys, MS had to abide. Once the unit heats up too much the solder pulls free and your toast. I keep a cheapo $4 tiny desk fan blowing into the back of the unit while its on and it stays nice and cool this way. My 360 is inside a entertainment center and there is not much airflow other wise. So whenever the 360 gets turned on, so does the fan.

Clantastic!! (Halo 3)

Can anyone fill me in on how TOJ does clans? I am looking for the TOJ Halo 3 clan. Will people be added to the clan by invite only, or will there be applications to do? I am not sure how the Halo 3 clan system works, but if some could let me know how I can get hooked up with the TOJ clan that would be awesome. Thanks.

One way that I have found cheap Xbox Live gold memberships is to look on Ebay for original Xbox live bundles. I have purchased some for as low as $25 with shipping. The bundle usually includes an original Xbox game like Crimson Skies and an original Xbox headset. I usually trade those things into Gamestop and get another $3 or $4. Most people don't realize that the Xbox live membership is the same for Xbox as it is for a gold Xbox 360 membership. You can use the same codes. Just a little info on a cheap way to get live. I have been doing that for the last 2 years, and it has worked really well. It is getting harder to find these packs though. When you do find them it is a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited:
GREAT game...amazing graphics and gameplay. Love the new weapons, grendaes and whatnot. Story mode is getting my controls back in shape and making me ready to jump online for some real carnage. Looking forward to seeing you all on there soon for some team action!

Halo 3 doesn't support clans. The Halo 2 clan thing didn't really take off. However, XBL is supposed to introduce clan support in a future update.

Now with that said, Bungie's website has a group feature that allows you to created groups. It would be cool to have a TOJ or CGAlliance group there. The nice thing about groups rather than clans is that you are able to be a part of multiple groups while you could only be a member of 1 clan.

Tried creating a group last night...wouldn't let me as my bungie.com account isn't at least 14 days old. As soon as it lets me I'll try creating a group for ToJ and post it here for everyone to join.

Got to play with Coldsteel777 and Bigdemarest last night on Halo 3....was a blast. Looking forward to seeing more of you on for games. Don't be shy about asking me to join you if you see me on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back