aoe3!!!!!!

Fio=Fiber optic

There is already some out there.

15/2mbit line for like $40/month
30/2mbit line for about $70/month
45/5mbit fractional T3 line $110/month

Last time i heard.

A few things i noticed on Aoe3. I would like the unit managment of Rise of nations (like the arrowed formation, you can face the units the way u want).
The hit point indicators.

The unit control and hit point indicators are that of Anno 1602 and Anno 1503, there isnt much.

Has anyone figured out if there is a pop limit?

Last edited:
Verizon calls it FIOS.

I have it for $50 a month i get phone service with some bells and whisltes, internet connection of fiber speeds around 5 meg (but not many sites go that fast to me for downloads) and I get service provider if i want it (email and such)

There is always a populations limited. It is one of the main balancing tools for game designers. My guess is it is 200 or so. But since different units cost different population points it might be otherwise.

Who is your telephone service provider?

Verizon was piloting it in my neighborhood because DSL was never coming. I have business DSL at the office and I have had a T-1. My FIOS is the best i have ever had. Never had service interuptions, price is best i have had, speed is well crazy.

AoE 3 is a very cool game, tried the demo, wicked. Though my 2 complains are; I think I need a new video card/cpu since my PC was slow when I moved around the mini-map.

Athlon 2800+(2.08 GHz), Radeon 9550 256 MB.

2nd, when you upgrade your units, they have so much HP! I had 33 tribial siege units and took almost forever for the computer to kill them.

Hrmm really. Try turning down the graphics a bit.

I can play it fine on lowest graphics on a 1.6ghz cpu with a radeon integrated PCI-E x200 mobile with 768 PC2700 ram.

My bro can play it on low graphics with a 1.7ghz, geforce 5200 and 512 pc3200 ram.

Hrmm really. Try turning down the graphics a bit.

Nevermind, its faster when everything is on low, though it looked much more detailed on default(med-high) settings.

If the demo is that good, and the full version is way better, I would consider getting the game. Though, like everyones problem, what are the system requirements for the full game or what requirements are the best suited for this game...(more ram, better video card, high processor, etc.)

I forgot about it, using 2 Gigs of Ram(PC3200).

To get fio or fiber optic to your home, the local phone company has to lay new fiber to the neighborhood. It is unlikely you can get it if you have not recieved and advertisement for it. Your best bet is to go to the website of your local phone service provider and look up high speed internet.

Corpfox said:
Nevermind, its faster when everything is on low, though it looked much more detailed on default(med-high) settings.

If the demo is that good, and the full version is way better, I would consider getting the game. Though, like everyones problem, what are the system requirements for the full game or what requirements are the best suited for this game...(more ram, better video card, high processor, etc.)

I forgot about it, using 2 Gigs of Ram(PC3200).

The video card. I'm running a geforce PCIE 6600 GT, and i can run the game on max graphics, resolution, and with the extra aa and af on. It looks so real.

I'd suggest maybe a 6200 or 6600 AGP card, if you want reallly high graphics.

I'd suggest maybe a 6200 or 6600 AGP card, if you want reallly high graphics.

I looked that them, their about 15-50% better than my Radeon 9550, though, I dont have PCI-X.

I was really thinking of getting this since mine is also, Bilingual, but the sale ends on the 22nd, I dont get paid till next week.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10066453&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN

If not that, I would really buy this, seeing how a few years ago it was over $600 CDN.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10061200&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN

I really like ATI over Nvidia, I know others have a different opinion. Though I am using a HP, and it seems to know Nvidia over ATI...

My PC has a Nvidia GART Driver, which I assume means something important if I had a Nvidia video card.

compaqs load nvidia since they think that compaq drivers are better than manufacturer or xp drivers, ati doesnt really care, even though microsoft ati drivers suck really bad

Back