aoe3!!!!!!

*sigh* If only they'd chosen an era I was interested in. :(

Looks pretty sweet, though, for what it's worth.

Looks to be pretty good, though there were some flaws, I found, with the demo:

1. The maxed out graphical settings look ugly (even with AA)
2. The map scrolling speed is too fast
3. The some game sounds, when repeated, sounded really bad

#s 1 and 3 are probably because it's a demo, but I hope they can fix #2.

I like it, i turned down the scrolling speed. The graphics are astounding on max levels and max resolution on 8x aa and 16x af. The enviorment is very interactive. I dont quite understand the card thing yet.

Game update thread has been updated with aoe3 demo link

Last edited:
Woot. Took me about 20 min to download it. I love it! The era in the demo is sweeet. The graphics are cool, and this is a game that I am definitely looking forward to purchasing. :)

The story line is kinda odd. Everytime the new ages of empires comes out it gets more advanced in the timeline. This one appears to take place at the birth of america (from the campaign).

The partical and graphic effects are amazing, I destroyed a town center, the musketeers and calverly threw molotov cocktails at the building, it started burning and then the tower of the building toppled over and hit one of my musketeers damaging him.

The amount of detail is astounding. Glad i pre-ordered the game.

I downloaded it at like 250kb/hour, but I was downloading some other stuff (can you say fiberoptic?).

This looks like another winner from Ensemble Studios. They have taken the things I liked about Age of Mythology and left out the stuff I did not like.

My son, who is 8, has already finished the campaigns in the demo and played 2 skirmish games.

As a note, I am below system specs a bit 1.3 need 1.4 processor, but I can still run it.

It runs on my laptop at 1.6ghz.

I noticed some things from Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, and Anno 1503 in this game.

I guess i was lucky, i downloaded the demo at 850kbytes/s. I guess at that time, the site wasnt overloaded.

And yes, most of us cant wait for Fio.

Back