any Levelless AND/OR classless mmos?

Joshinator

Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak 3 Server Opera
Hello Good People,
I am looking for a levelless mmo, or a classless mmo, or both in one.
I was wondering if any of you good people would happen to know of one. If so please post it below, so I can read about it. Thank you.

--Josh

<3 yall!

I heartily second EVE Online. Beware the cold reaches of space though: the game takes pride in its tight-knit and yet utterly heartless player base. Ten Ton hammer named it the Best Community of 2009 and a dev remarked that we are "its tender soul and its terrible scourge".

With it's excellent skill training system (that I wish more mmos would copy), a new player could be just as good at certain things as someone who has been playing for six years after two weeks or so of training.

A game based on internet community and multiplayer fun where everyone starts the same and more or less stays the same throughout their career in the game... TF2, L4D2, L4D.

:D

Forget Mortal online... I don't want to have to see characters running around without clothes when the die. Darkfall has no trial. Eve just seems waaaaaaaay to drama filled. Anything else?

Eve just seems waaaaaaaay to drama filled. Anything else?

You call it drama, we call it politics. It usually winds up if you have a problem with someone it is solved with a large gang in deep space. :p

Only other one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is Second Life, but I don't think I'll ever be willing to recommend that.

I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for as far as classless/levelless, so I hope this suggestion isn't too off-base. If you're trying to avoid the level treadmill...you might try Guildwars. You hit max level very fast (can be just a few hours depending on which campaign) and you can get max weapons at the start. There are multiple classes, though, although you can change your secondary.

Forget Mortal online... I don't want to have to see characters running around without clothes when the die. Darkfall has no trial. Eve just seems waaaaaaaay to drama filled. Anything else?

Unfortunately, most classless level-less MMOs are going to be FFA PVP with harsh penalties...it is just how it goes... Most people that want classless and level-less MMOs are hardcore PvP, hence the reason for having it classless and level-less...

Great idea with the skills, until you realize that you will be paying a month or so to level one skill. At which point your desire to even log in drops exponentially until it approaches negative infinity.

And yet it's about the only way that a long term player actually feels rewarded for being around a long time while still allowing the newer players get in on all the action and not feel left out and/or worthless.

And yet it's about the only way that a long term player actually feels rewarded for being around a long time while still allowing the newer players get in on all the action and not feel left out and/or worthless.

I fail to see how paying $15 and getting one skill out of it is "being rewarded". Add that and the pitiful PvE grinding, horrible race imbalances that never were fixed when I played (and probably still aren't), and that excel has more exciting gameplay offerings.

I fail to see how paying $15 and getting one skill out of it is "being rewarded". Add that and the pitiful PvE grinding, horrible race imbalances that never were fixed when I played (and probably still aren't), and that excel has more exciting gameplay offerings.

If all you do is spend money to skill or level up in a game, I agree EVE is not for you. If you want PvE, EVE is not for you. I haven't heard anything about race imbalances since I've played, and the forums denizens are usually the first and consistently point out the shortcomings of anything that could be related to being horribly imbalanced. The closest I've seen are a few Capital ships are a bit sub par compared to others (Minmatar Naglfar being one), but that's expected when so many ships are available. People want sandbox mmo experiences, but when given one, they don't know what to do with them and expect developers to give them stuff to do. If you don't want to take risks, join a group of strangers (or an alliance of them), or play a highly competitive market, EVE is most certainly not for you.

I think when it comes down to it, classless MMOs have no class by definition. ;)

I don't mind hardcore pvp mmos with harsh penalties. I would try darkfall if it had a trial.

Alright. I'll go for a different genre. Does anyone know of any mmos that use realtime combat. Not the regular mmo combat that things like WoW have. I actually want to have to aim at the person with my reticle, and have it miss if they move like in an fps or thirdps.

Global Agenda I think does that. Someone who has played it may be able to confirm/deny, as I haven't played it yet.

Back