Advice for rooting out and killing a brown recluse

ive found more daddy long legs in eastern washington but we deffinitly have em

Most spiders around here are black ones and daddy longlegs (which kills other spiders!)
I didn't realize daddy long legs were carnivorous like that...

I doubt you can find a daddy longleg in the US
:eek:

I don't think you know very much about the US!

EDIT: I looked them up on wikipedia and learned that "daddy long legs" is an ambiguous name for 3 different species (I think 3) and one of them does hunt down several kinds of spiders. My mistake. *runs away*

I didn't realize daddy long legs were carnivorous like that...

:eek:

EDIT: I looked them up on wikipedia and learned that "daddy long legs" is an ambiguous name for 3 different species (I think 3) and one of them does hunt down several kinds of spiders. My mistake. *runs away*

ya... thats right..... u better run! lol jk

Of course, I was speculating since the only US country I have ever been is Seattle.

Ember, if you have seen some daddy longlegs, you could capture 1 or more, bring it to your "infested" place and hope they do help.

its funny, i found a daddy long legs strolling along in my bathroom. then he met my friend "mr. size 12 vans" and went bye bye, since i know we have another one in the corner of the closet

Yeah, what we call "daddy long legs" in this country is actually an insect! (the crane fly). They tend to fly around and crash into everything and also have a funny tendency to lose legs :rolleyes: .

Yeah ours in an arachnid [but not spiders], and most idiots around here think I'm stupid when I tell them that their myth of them (the daddy long legs, that is) having the dealiest venom in the world is false. ("Nuh uh I learned it in sk00l!!!" "Then why haven't people died from them recently? They're everywhere." "Cuz ther fangz r 2 small to get thru our skinn!!") only in america...

Haha. I wish I lived near you, C$. :D Just talking to people would be amusing. ("Nuh uh I learned it in sk00l!!!" "....HAHAHAHAHA")

Hey SpiderMan 3 comes out this week!

images

Actually, C$, it's like the arrow poison frog poison.

Arrow Frog Poison is highly fatal, one of the most fatal known to man, but you can drink it straight because it is neutralized by saliva and breaks down in your stomach.

Daddy Long Leg's venom will actually break down on contact with a lot of human fluids -- including blood, sweat, and tears.

/BSoff. The first paragraph is true, I'm making up the second. ;)

They can't be completely harmless. They eat other bugs quiet well. I think you mean to say they are completely harmless to humans.

Actually, C$, it's like the arrow poison frog poison.

Arrow Frog Poison is highly fatal, one of the most fatal known to man, but you can drink it straight because it is neutralized by saliva and breaks down in your stomach.

Daddy Long Leg's venom will actually break down on contact with a lot of human fluids -- including blood, sweat, and tears.

/BSoff. The first paragraph is true, I'm making up the second. ;)

So just don't touch the pretty toadies, then. Just eat them.

Back