adultery and marriage... Mature discussion

I like that verse. :) its a good one. Whenever I eventually, maybe, someday in the near millennium find the girl God has for me, I plan on remembering that verse everyday.

I agree with you Elihu, there is a lot of symbolism that people miss in a lot of stuff, especially from the Bible.

Also, if you don't mind me pointing this out (I'm going to anyway, so may as well get used to it) The wife of any man has to be strong For Her Husband And be there for him when he needs her. Notice that the man is supposed to enjoy his wife, well, she must be willing as well.

We just covered this topic a few months ago in church. This was the second series we've done on Biblical sexuality in the past 3 years or so, and I've never heard the topic covered so straightforwardly and honestly in church before.

I'll not even try to summarize, because we really went into a lot of depth on all kinds of different aspects of sexuality, rooted in God's original intent, the many ways we've messed it up, and God's perfect plan of redemption. In a nutshell, I agree with the crowd that says: "Sex is good, but very powerful. Like most powerful things, it's very dangerous if misused. We're knuckleheads, and LIKE to misuse stuff, cause we're dumb. God's goodness is way bigger than our badness, so He makes a way for us to stop being dumb."

There, stick that in your systematic theology and smoke it. =)

If you're interested in listening, you can find the messages here:

http://www.rockharbor.org/resources/messages/index.php?page=current#

Click near the middle to open all the archives, and then choose the "sex, love, and god 2" series.

Last edited:
I don't have a lot to add to this conversation at this point. But Tommy Nelson has also written some pretty good stuff on this topic.

Back