A fun little classic gaming challenge...

So we have the movie finished now as promised. Now we just need a place to host it. Trouble is, that the file is over an hour long and several Gigs in size. Any suggestions on a free place to host this?

So we have the movie finished now as promised. Now we just need a place to host it. Trouble is, that the file is over an hour long and several Gigs in size. Any suggestions on a free place to host this?
Doesn't YouTube allow hosting of humongous videos now?

Doesn't YouTube allow hosting of humongous videos now?

Oh my, I never got an e-mail notification of your reply, my apologies (nothing in spam folder either).

In the past our go-to huge-file hoster was MediaFire, but ever since thy moved to a private subscription service, we have been looking for alternatives.
We also took a look at wikiupload, but their site seemed broken, we tried to open a pro account and got a PayPal error that "This recipient can not receive payments at this time".

Youtube can take file sizes up to 20GB's but non-partner members still have a 15 minute duration limit. Currently we are out of ideas on where to put it.

Last edited:
oh man I can't wait to watch this

As soon as we find a place that lets us host it.

The file is 1 hour and 12 minutes long
15 GB in size. (It's a High Quality .mov)

Jason tried to compress it further, but then the game screens got all pixelated. It was originally 46 GB, so he actually did a good job.

If anyone knows of a place we can host it, please tell us. (NOTE: we can not use BitTorrent, or anything like that)

Break it into two files and upload it to YouTube?

Break it into two files and upload it to YouTube?

I'll ask him if he can do that next time I see him... He'll probably try to strangle me. :D
Someone suggested Google Drive, but even that has a 5GB limit without upgrading to Premium.
In the meantime, if anyone wants to see it, and doesn't mind waiting a while, I can send it to you over Skype... I'll just leave it running while I'm out.

Well this has certainly been a learning experience for next time. I admit we didn't plan out the recording method too well, but honestly we never expected it to be this hard to find a place to host it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back